PDA

View Full Version : My LHC Sidekick

Maelyssa
March 10th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I know there have been prior posts about people in our lives thinking we're nuts for our long hair obsession but I've brought my guy over to the LHC side and it's so amusing sometimes.

Like he now wonders if anyone with red hair has used henna and just recently we were watching an epic martial arts film, True Legend, and in one scene he turns to me and says, "oh wow...that's a gorgeous hair stick she's wearing..look!".

Just wanted to share my bemusement with you guys. :D

Amber_Maiden
March 10th, 2012, 01:17 PM
haha! That's cute!!

mzBANGBANG
March 10th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I've tried so hard to get people to come to this site and they just won't! It's like no one around me really cares, haha. My mom has picked up a few tips of mine. She stopped curling her hair because I told her using the curling iron wasn't good for it... much to my amusement she told me she was just going to flat iron instead.

My mother and I are both natural blondes. :P

On the other hand, I share everything I learn on my blog and many of my friends there find the tips useful. Still -- can't get anyone to join!

Kelikea
March 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
HB likes to do "no-shave November" which i thought he made up until someone mentioned it here. He has since extended it it for the whole winter season. I did the "no trims in 2011" or really, for one year, which ended Dec. 2011, when I got a very small trim. I somehow convinced him that this (2011) no shave November should be no shave/no haircuts. So far, so good. It is now March, 2012, and he has not shaved or had a haircut since Oct. 2011. He occasionally trims the beard to even it, but that's it. I've even seen him put coconut oil in his beard. It makes it so shiny! Have I succeeded in bringing him over to the LHC side? I'm hoping we both make it to next winter with no haircuts:)

Maelyssa
March 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I've tried so hard to get people to come to this site and they just won't! It's like no one around me really cares, haha. My mom has picked up a few tips of mine. She stopped curling her hair because I told her using the curling iron wasn't good for it... much to my amusement she told me she was just going to flat iron instead.

Roflmao...I guess the hot burning metal that straighteners hair is much healthier than the one that curls it...lol

My mother and I are both natural blondes. :P

On the other hand, I share everything I learn on my blog and many of my friends there find the tips useful. Still -- can't get anyone to join!

It is great that they taking your tips...I'll gave to check your blog out.

HB likes to do "no-shave November" which i thought he made up until someone mentioned it here. He has since extended it it for the whole winter season. I did the "no trims in 2011" or really, for one year, which ended Dec. 2011, when I got a very small trim. I somehow convinced him that this (2011) no shave November should be no shave/no haircuts. So far, so good. It is now March, 2012, and he has not shaved or had a haircut since Oct. 2011. He occasionally trims the beard to even it, but that's it. I've even seen him put coconut oil in his beard. It makes it so shiny! Have I succeeded in bringing him over to the LHC side? I'm hoping we both make it to next winter with no haircuts:)

That's so awesome Kelikea! I think he qualifies!

Maelyssa
March 10th, 2012, 01:31 PM
haha! That's cute!!

Thanks so much..He makes me laugh sometimes. Guess I can't say he doesn't pay attention to me. :D

Littlewing13
March 10th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah I think im getting to that point with DBF. He is so supportive of my wants. If I say "my ends are getting gross" he will say "Don't cut it! You'll regret it!". & if I dont braid my hair for bed he will be like "no braids tonight?" to remind me.

whitedove
March 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM
My mum reads but wont join in the messages. I also give advice to my brother and my other brother SO. My dad is a lost cause as he's bald :D

Kayla Nyx
March 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
i've got my friend to join the site :D she's really interested in growing long hair and always asking me about what oils I use. still trying to convince her to go no heat. her username is xXfaitheyx, she's happy to be here where everyone is so kind.

goldenmoments
March 10th, 2012, 06:14 PM
He must have really gotten interested if he noticed such a detail in a movie! I'm glad you have a sidekick :)

Maelyssa
March 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah I think im getting to that point with DBF. He is so supportive of my wants. If I say "my ends are getting gross" he will say "Don't cut it! You'll regret it!". & if I dont braid my hair for bed he will be like "no braids tonight?" to remind me.

I'm so glad for you! It's great to have their support, isn't it?!

My mum reads but wont join in the messages. I also give advice to my brother and my other brother SO. My dad is a lost cause as he's bald :D

That's pretty good! My mom doesn't even own a computer at home so you got me there. Lol

i've got my friend to join the site :D she's really interested in growing long hair and always asking me about what oils I use. still trying to convince her to go no heat. her username is xXfaitheyx, she's happy to be here where everyone is so kind.

That's awesome! I hope she's enjoying her time here.

He must have really gotten interested if he noticed such a detail in a movie! I'm glad you have a sidekick :)

I know, right?! That's why I was so impressed I felt compelled to share. :D

PixxieStix
March 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM
That is so cute! I love it! I can't get my fiance over to the LHC side (yet!), but he is nothing short of amazingly supportive of my hair care and growing efforts. He's even learning how to braid to help me with up-dos.

And I've introduced several people to this place, only one that I know of has joined, the rest lurk for the time being.

MonaLisa
March 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
My DBF sometimes surprises me, totally on his own, since I'm too shy to share with him my obsession and LHC...
But tonight, for example, we were watching a movie and he was gently stroking my hair and then just slowly detangled it with his fingers, more gentle than I ever have, and without me even asking, he showed me how much more I need to grow it so that I can sit on it :o :crush:

jacqueline101
March 11th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I'm working on getting friends to join here. I do have supporters of my long hair. I think that's good too but a site where you can learn about long hair is better.

princessp
March 11th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Lol, that is great! Pretty soon he'll be on here too. :p BTW, during "no shave november" I made up my own version for people who didn't want to participate in no shave: new shoes november. I took that opportunity to buy a pair of very expensive shoes. So yeah it was an awesome excuse to make that purchase. You should remember that next November!:D

ETA: Oh and to the OP that is cool! My man is now a long hair and he is oh so catty. "Those extensions are so obvious" and "Do you think she hennas?". He loves that story about how men cheat with women who have longer hair than their partners (some story in Cosmo or some magazine that we talked about here) , we joke about that one a lot. He is so sweet to me. But yeah he now knows WAY too much about hair health, henna, and extensions. I sometimes notice other people's hair, but I don't have the "catty gene". :shrug:

citadel
March 11th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I'm Korean (but adopted, so my parents are white) and my husband is half-Chinese, half-Caucasian, and he loooves the idea of the sleek Asian hair with a cool hair stick. He has always been a fan of Asian designs (dragons, jade, etc) whereas I grew up with the Old Hollywood bombshells as my inspiration. Thus, I love to curl my hair and tend to appreciate more Western-influenced hairstyles, and yeah, whenever we watch a Zhang Yimou film (we're both huge fans), he will definitely make comments like, "have you ever thought about wearing your hair like that?" He notices the Asian stuff but is compleeeetely blind when it comes to more Western hair stuff.

Maelyssa
March 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM
That is so cute! I love it! I can't get my fiance over to the LHC side (yet!), but he is nothing short of amazingly supportive of my hair care and growing efforts. He's even learning how to braid to help me with up-dos.

And I've introduced several people to this place, only one that I know of has joined, the rest lurk for the time being.

Aww...how super sweet of him to learn. Lucky you!

My DBF sometimes surprises me, totally on his own, since I'm too shy to share with him my obsession and LHC...
But tonight, for example, we were watching a movie and he was gently stroking my hair and then just slowly detangled it with his fingers, more gentle than I ever have, and without me even asking, he showed me how much more I need to grow it so that I can sit on it :o :crush:

Another lucky lady...how romantic of him. :D

I'm working on getting friends to join here. I do have supporters of my long hair. I think that's good too but a site where you can learn about long hair is better.

I agree with you so much! I'm so thankful for the LHC. I canteen imagine wheremy hair would be if I never found this board.

Lol, that is great! Pretty soon he'll be on here too. :p BTW, during "no shave november" I made up my own version for people who didn't want to participate in no shave: new shoes november. I took that opportunity to buy a pair of very expensive shoes. So yeah it was an awesome excuse to make that purchase. You should remember that next November!:D

ETA: Oh and to the OP that is cool! My man is now a long hair and he is oh so catty. "Those extensions are so obvious" and "Do you think she hennas?". He loves that story about how men cheat with women who have longer hair than their partners (some story in Cosmo or some magazine that we talked about here) , we joke about that one a lot. He is so sweet to me. But yeah he now knows WAY too much about hair health, henna, and extensions. I sometimes notice other people's hair, but I don't have the "catty gene". :shrug:

Lol that's awesome! Sounds like my kind of guy...heck, sounds like ours would get along famously. They can chat about hair care together. :D

I'm Korean (but adopted, so my parents are white) and my husband is half-Chinese, half-Caucasian, and he loooves the idea of the sleek Asian hair with a cool hair stick. He has always been a fan of Asian designs (dragons, jade, etc) whereas I grew up with the Old Hollywood bombshells as my inspiration. Thus, I love to curl my hair and tend to appreciate more Western-influenced hairstyles, and yeah, whenever we watch a Zhang Yimou film (we're both huge fans), he will definitely make comments like, "have you ever thought about wearing your hair like that?" He notices the Asian stuff but is compleeeetely blind when it comes to more Western hair stuff.

We seem to have a lot in common with your husband in our house. While not one of us is of Asian decent, we watch more Eastern movies and wish for those long straight locks...sigh...Western hair care, pretty much a lost cause. Lol
And as for Zhang Yimou films...OMG....some of my absolute favorites! I've watched Hero too many times to count. You've got great taste.