PDA

View Full Version : Please help me discover my true hair type!

Irish Fae
March 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
My hair confuses me! Depending upon the day, weather, conditioner used and simply how I sleep on it, it can be quite wavy (especially in high humidity) or nearly straight with only small waves throughout.

I previously thought that I was 2a, but then began to think I was more of a 1c/2a. Now I am unsure!

Here is a photo of my hair, slightly damp, unbrushed but lightly finger combed, with just a bit coconut oil on the very ends.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9786&pictureid=128314

This is my hair on most days when I've brushed it and the humidity is low.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9786&pictureid=126476

There are a few more photos in my album for anyone interested.

Thank you so much for your help! :flower:

terylenerose
March 9th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Looks like a 2a to me. Nice hair! :)

torrilin
March 9th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Probably 2b. There's absolutely positively no way you'd get mistaken for a straightie :).

Sammich
March 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
It looks like a 2a to me, maybe even more if you scrunch... and not brush.

I think the brushing isn't really helping, brushing isn't really recommended for wavies/curlies, because it makes the hair 'poofier' and 'straighter'.

Irish Fae
March 9th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Thank you for the feedback, everyone! I must admit that I prefer my hair brushed, as it tends to clump oddly when I do not brush it. Does this make me more of a 2a or simply a 2b in hiding?

terylenerose
March 9th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I looked at your pictures again and I think you might actually be 2b, or 2a/2b. The waves at the ends are more 2b.

MissManda
March 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I vote for 2b. :)

Annibelle
March 9th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Your hair looks a lot like mine, wave-wise! And mine behaves the same way. You say you sometimes get loose spirals, so that would make you border 2c... so I'd say 2b. :)

Irish Fae
March 9th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Thank you so much! Looking at my hair again, I think I was incorrect about what qualifies as a spiral... I did some more research of hair types, and I don't think I have any spirals, just waves.

I am so appreciative of your help!