PDA

View Full Version : Pics of 1b hair? Help type!

mzBANGBANG
March 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Could be your pics or even pics from a search that you think look like 1b hair. I used to think I was set with my classification but I feel like my hair changes so frequently! It's possible its the weather, but some days my hair looks totally 1a, other days I'm convinced it is 1c (which probably means it is 1b, lol).

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad238/caslpierce/siggy.jpg

Here is my air-dryed hair. The reason I went with 1b I think was an error on my part -- my layers were razor cut and proving to be terrible to grow out. I think the shortest layer seems to add "fake body" since most of my hair lays completely flat. BTW -- worst hair advice ever taken! I'll never do layers again. Fringe is enough craziness for me. :)

Edit: I just found this site (http://fabuloushairs.com/analysing-hair-types/) and it seems to confirm I definitely look like a 1b, but I won't know for sure until my layers grow out. It provides some great examples if you're ever questioning!

lapushka
March 9th, 2012, 02:42 PM
It looks like you have a touch of body to it but it's not really wavy-ish, nor is it straight-straight, so yeah: 1b.

MissManda
March 9th, 2012, 02:51 PM
As long as that's what your hair looks like completely uncombed and unmanipulated, then yeah, I'd call that a 1b. :)

As for the site you linked to, I'm not sure if it's all that accurate since a lot of the hair in the photos look styled. That might be just me, though. :p

Chromis
March 9th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I am absolutely of no help, but you might be amused to know that I misread this as "Pics of 1 lb hair" at first and was super interested since I have seen several folks with thicker longer hair than mine weight their hair and it has always been less than a pound still!

Lissandria
March 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I would say 1b/c. I believe 1b hair is supposed to appear completely straight but has a bit more body than 1a caused by slight waves that aren't visible. Maybe it's your layers but I see a little bit of wave going on.

Sammich
March 9th, 2012, 03:13 PM
1B/C.

Reminds me of mine actually. :)

Ostelot
March 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I also see some wave. It is maybe going to be more visible when your hair grows? My hair doesn't have such a visible wave pattern, and I call that 1b because of its undefined bendiness. So my suggestion is definately 1c.

terylenerose
March 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
That looks to me like 1c. There are some definite waves.

FrozenBritannia
March 9th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Hmmm. If you are a 1C, I think I need to reevaulate my own hair again.. So I am gonna say 1b :)

torrilin
March 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Undecided.

My mental cutoff for 1b vs 1c is size of wave pattern. At BSL, my 1c hair can have 3-4 whole wavelengths showing. Some 1b hair will have something that looks like a bump or two in it at that length, but it isn't obviously waves. I would not class that as 1c hair because for most people, they'd have no idea their hair wasn't perfectly straight with waves that large.

For 1c vs 2a, the line is pretty simple. If it is reasonable to count wavelengths at BSL or waist length, and no one would get confused counting... chances are it's more 1c. If BSL length hair has enough waves where it'd be stupid to count, it's probably more 2a.

As a general rule, if you think using a straightener makes sense, chances are you're not a 1.

In the OP's position, I left it at 1b :). I was wrong, but it's ok to have your type a bit wrong. The 1 vs 2 vs 3 is a lot more important than the exact *kind* of 1.

TeaEarlGreyHot
March 9th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I am absolutely of no help, but you might be amused to know that I misread this as "Pics of 1 lb hair" at first and was super interested since I have seen several folks with thicker longer hair than mine weight their hair and it has always been less than a pound still!

I did the same thing. I opened this thread thinking, "Why would someone need to classify what 1 lb. of hair looks like? Should this be something that I do?!" HA!

mzBANGBANG
March 9th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the help! It seems some days I have more wave, others it is straight as a pin. This could very well be due to the fact that my hair is fine and therefore prone to looking like it has less body but kind of wishes it had a little! I don't think I am 1c based on comparing to other users pictures so I am going to remain in 1b land until I get a bit more growth to be able to tell :)

And LOL at the 1lb of hair!

pink.sara
March 10th, 2012, 04:49 AM
I don't think you'd be a 1b personally as I see waves, making you a 1c.
But then I think that site used bad examples of 1's. Their version of a 1a had a kink at the ends and lots of volume... This is not 1a!
I class myself as a 1a/1b as at shorter lengths my end will ever so slightly turn under one way or the other. There is absolutely no wave.

Also on the straightener point made by Torrin, I'd still use a straightener every now and again, not to straighten but because silicone + straighteners make my hair look like a sheet of glass. Love those awful ghds.