PDA

View Full Version : Applying Henna on new growth only?

kalir1
March 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM
So I'm at the point where I need to apply henna on my hair again. I'm thinking of just applying it to my new growth only since the color on the rest of the hair looks fine. My question is what is the best way to do a root touch up with henna?

Of the Fae
March 9th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I do it with gloves on, and just massage it into my scalp :) Additional tip: I mix another cup with cassia and a teeny bit of henna to re energise the red on the rest of my head :)
Good luck!

Dorothy
March 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I just had to start doing this on my own as my partner and I split up. I did it in the bathroom with my Henna in a squeeze bottle, parted hair on the way down with the tip of the bottle, squeezed out a row of henna back to my part, move over half an inch, repeat, then smush. A good tip someone gave me was to keep a sink full of warm water, this came in handy to rinse henna off my gloves when things got too messy.

Scarlet_Heart
March 10th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I used to try and use a squirt bottle to get the stuff to my roots, but it's really not necessary (in fact it's quite messy). It's not for everyone, but I make my henna a little bit on the runnier side and this helps it spread evenly on my scalp. You do have to deal with some leakage, which is why I say it's not for everyone, but I use a terrycloth headband to counter this.

malwes
March 12th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I am taking gloves, and a big brush (generally for wall-painting :)). I start from my right ear, putting henna around, then moving 1cm strands from left to right (towards an ear) and applying henna only on this part closer to an ear. Then I do the center of my head. I stop and move to left ear repeating the whole procedure. Then I do my back (a bit "blindly) and finishing putting more henna on my hair-line (forehead and ears).