PDA

View Full Version : How long was your hair as a kid?

Littlewing13
March 9th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Just out of curiosity.

I had probably about TBL hair most of my childhood, rarely cut it & often had inches of split ends.

Wasn't till high school that all my friends said I'd look awesome with short (SL) hair. I liked the attention so I got it cut. I enjoyed it & kept it for years, but after a while I missed my long hair but whenever I tried to grow it, it just didn't happen (damage, hot weather, new style etc).

Anyways I feel now like long is just more 'me' & a thought just popped into my head - maybe it is because I was used to long hair as a kid? Although it has been yeeears...

What are your thoughts?

Avital88
March 9th, 2012, 02:29 AM
my mum kept on cutting my hair short, because she thought it was thin and she would make it thicker by giving me a shaved up bob all the time :S
i had just typical child hair,and i hated the boyish hairstyles she gave me ,i was crying after every hairdressers visit..

Venefica
March 9th, 2012, 02:46 AM
It varied allot, when I was very small like up until I started school I had very short hair, just a few cm long. Then I grew it out to a little down my back and cut it down to jaw length several times. When I was 12 I had mid back length then I cut it to nearly spikes, which I regretted, by the time I was 16 I had waist again or a little longer.

FallGirl
March 9th, 2012, 03:42 AM
For the most part I had long hair when I was a kid. I have a picture of my hair at its shortest. I'm not sure how old I was at the time but I remember my mom saying she regretting cutting it that short. I think it looked cute. I kept my hair long and every morning before school my mom would do my hair for me. It's funny how absolutely useless I am when it comes to doing my own hair now.

MaryMarx
March 9th, 2012, 04:57 AM
I had SL most of the time. I always wanted long hair... when playing I used to wear a thin cotton blanket on my head and pretend it was my hair... pink, with flowers. :)
I just don't get it why I never tried to grow it out!

Rhodugune
March 9th, 2012, 05:06 AM
My hair was mostly around bsl growing up, but I wanted my hair longer.

I have written about this a buch of this here on LHC, I guess it still is sore spot for me.
At first it was that long because my mother wasn't very good at trimming and always cut to much of to get a straight hemline, later it was because my hairdresser always said that I hade to trim that much of or my splitends would take over my hair...and that really scared me, so I let them do that...

The result was that I didn't gain much length as the years went by, because they kept trimming off my nearly all my yearly growth each year.
It took me 15 years to get from shoulder length to waist!
That's still makes me mad!

When I was 25, I began trimming it myself.
I moved to a new town and didn't know where to go.

And finally I would gain some length every year!
My hair still got some split ends, but no worse than before.
And I finally got rid of that ugly blunt hemline that I didn't think suited me at all.

Here is a bunch of pics of me and my hair, the numbers are my age in that pic.
http://archive.pixbox.se/arkivet/synligt_43/32870000-32879999/640x480/32871634.jpg (http://www.pixbox.se/pic32871634)

Grillz
March 9th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Mine was classic length until I was about 7, I think. A girl in my class got a chin length bob and it was just so cute that I had to have it! Broke my poor mama's heart lol. It made life easier for me. No more standing foreverrrr while she painfully combed or brushed my hair.

einna
March 9th, 2012, 08:15 AM
My hair was usually between APL and BSL, at that lenght does feel like "me". Now I am exited to see how I will look and feel with longer (MBL to waist) hair.

iSuperHeroic
March 9th, 2012, 08:17 AM
My hair was always cut into those really short bobs. No layers to make it cute, just hair that stopped at about my chin.

Amber_Maiden
March 9th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Used to have very short, boy hair cut, hair when I was a kid- until the time I was 15 or so. Then it was shoulder length to mid back. It wasn't until I left home that I started growing it longer- to hip, until I got it cut short again.

didrash
March 9th, 2012, 08:23 AM
My hair was kept short as a boy's always. I think my mother just did not want to bother with it.

UP Lisa
March 9th, 2012, 08:30 AM
As a kid - short. As a teenager - long.

Kinkycurlygurl
March 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
As a little girl my hair was between shoulder and what would have been bra strap if I wore a bra. Then during the teen years my hair was a hot mess. All I can say that it was the 80's. That means it was relaxed, curling ironed, blow dried. Then there was the Cyndi Lauper inspired blender cut fiasco and a horrible episode where I tried to blow out my hair using a round brush and a blow dryer. My next door neighbor had to come and help me untangle the brush from my hair. With all the abuse, I was lucky to have the shoulder lengh hair that I was left with.

jc10event
March 9th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Growing up in military base housing, all the other guys kept theirs short, like military cut short. Naturally I had mine that way most of the time. there was occasion I could let it grow out. One time, when I was in 5th grade, it was past my elbows. There was only one girl in the school with longer. And was it ever. She had hers halfway down her thighs.
All the time girls asked to fix mine but the teacher would not let them do much more then a braid. (at least when they were around to see.:D)
When I went into the Navy, ironically there was one other guy starting at basic training with me that had past shoulder length. When we went into the barbers to get it shered off, he said he had been working at the base in the long hair days back in the early 70s and that ours was the longest guys hair he could think of since that time.
How long are you going with yours?

Clem_Dela
March 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I had a simple bob with blunt cut bangs up to about age 8. I hated it. My hair was (is) so thick that my mom didn't know what to do with it! So snip went the scissors. By age 8 I was fed up and wants long hair.... So it went from chin length eventually to shoulder. I had about waist length by age fifteen. The whole time, I was struggling with shampoos and frizz and even a bald spot. I didnt even condition!! So I chopped to shoulder length at fifteen, by which time I was using Aussie and tons of coney conditioner.
Years went by and I reached and maintained at BSL, trimming once or twice a year. The last time I trimmed it was April of last year. In September I discoverred LHC, gave up cones, started oiling and deep conditioning regularly. At that point I was 25", about BSL still. Now I'm at 30 inches, age 18, about halfway between waist and BCL. And thats my hair story!

KwaveT
March 9th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Like most boys my mother never let me grow mine below top of my ears. I currently have the longest hair that I have ever had.

melusine963
March 9th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I had very short hair until I was four, when I got fed up of being mistaken for a boy. I gew it to about waist length, and then cut it to my chin. After that, it never got longer than APL until I started growing it again properly a few years ago.

gthlvrmx
March 9th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Short. I went from a bowl cut to buzz cut and then i grew it out like in 5th grade to shoulder length.

jacqueline101
March 9th, 2012, 03:16 PM
My hair was bra strap length.

Snippety
March 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM
My hair was mostly around bsl growing up, but I wanted my hair longer.

I have written about this a buch of this here on LHC, I guess it still is sore spot for me.
At first it was that long because my mother wasn't very good at trimming and always cut to much of to get a straight hemline, later it was because my hairdresser always said that I hade to trim that much of or my splitends would take over my hair...and that really scared me, so I let them do that...

The result was that I didn't gain much length as the years went by, because they kept trimming off my nearly all my yearly growth each year.
It took me 15 years to get from shoulder length to waist!
That's still makes me mad!

When I was 25, I began trimming it myself.
I moved to a new town and didn't know where to go.

And finally I would gain some length every year!
My hair still got some split ends, but no worse than before.
And I finally got rid of that ugly blunt hemline that I didn't think suited me at all.

Here is a bunch of pics of me and my hair, the numbers are my age in that pic.
http://archive.pixbox.se/arkivet/synligt_43/32870000-32879999/640x480/32871634.jpg (http://www.pixbox.se/pic32871634)

That is such a lovely set of pics Rhodugune ! I really envy your hair colour and thickness, and the beautiful clothes in the later pictures.

Mymmum kept mine in one hideous bob style or another until I left home at 18. I wanted it long until I was about 14 and then wanted it cut and dyed like Ziggy Stardust :p but i never got to do either !

thelambscottage
March 9th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I had long pigtails as a kid, but then decided I wanted it short about 5th grade because there was a girl in my class with super cute short hair, but boy was that a mistake. My hair just did not look good short. It was too thick with cowlicks everywhere and on some days my head resembled a shrub. So I definitely think some people just look better with long hair, some people it is a personality thing. With me I think it's both.

terylenerose
March 9th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Somewhere in the mid-back range, except for that one frustrating time I had my mom cut it to shoulder length. I wanted to look like Nancy Drew. That was before I was 10, when I chopped it to collarbone. I was trying to get shoulder length but didn't know what I was doing. I've been cutting my hair ever since, actually.

gracenotes
March 9th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I had SL most of the time. I always wanted long hair... when playing I used to wear a thin cotton blanket on my head and pretend it was my hair... pink, with flowers. :)

Oh my goodness! I did this ALL the time. My hair was between chin and apl most of the time, but I always wanted really long hair :)

turtlelover
March 9th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I had really long hair (waist) till the summer before 4th grade, when my mother suddenly got sick of trying to help me with my hair and decided that I should have a pixie cut like her, even though I strongly wanted my hair shoulder length. I was devastated! To make matters worse, she gave me a kinky perm. My head looked like a dandelion. I've never quite forgotten the trauma! I finally did grow it back in high school.

Leseratte
March 10th, 2012, 08:42 AM
When I was little, my hair was somewhere between waist and hip length. When I was 10, I got it cut up to BSL. But, it grew out quickly, and by the time I was 12, it was back to waist length, which I have always liked since! Now I just enjoy cutting OTHER peoples hair! *evil laugh, holding scissors*

Silverbrumby
March 10th, 2012, 08:54 AM
BSL at most I think.

Diamond.Eyes
March 10th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I just remember always sitting on my hair when it was down when I was a kid. When I was nine years old, my hair was classic length. My mom had it cut to TBL when I was ten. Then I had my hairdresser dye it black and cut it to APL when I was 13 :doh:. I started growing it back out when I was about 15 ½. I don't plan on having it that short ever again, nor do I plan on dying it...

aisha.christine
March 10th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I had classic length until I was about 7, then I wanted to cut it short like my mom (about shoulder length.) My dad was so heartbroken. Both of his ladies cut all of their hair off.
I kept it at shoulder length-bsl for the rest of my childhood, then cut it off into a pixie and kept it that way for most of highschool. The end of my senior year was when I decided to grow it out.

Maelyssa
March 10th, 2012, 01:22 PM
My longest was hip length until about 3rd grade then it it cut to bsl. Eventually I went through everything all the way to pixie and back again.

Netabug
March 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM
My mom loved my hair long. It stayed between APL and WL most of the time.

augustashes
March 10th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Mine was always around apl as a kid, I chopped to the bottom of my earlobes in 5th grade and about a week after that I said I was never cutting my hair again. And I havent done more than trim since then (about 11 years ago).

Littlewing13
March 10th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I had really long hair (waist) till the summer before 4th grade, when my mother suddenly got sick of trying to help me with my hair and decided that I should have a pixie cut like her, even though I strongly wanted my hair shoulder length. I was devastated! To make matters worse, she gave me a kinky perm. My head looked like a dandelion. I've never quite forgotten the trauma! I finally did grow it back in high school.

You needed a perm??? Your hair looks so curly as it is! Oh dear. Its funny how so many mums do what they think is best for their kids, poor kids end up suffering! Haha you gotta laugh though. Least were all on the right track now :)

Littlewing13
March 10th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Mine was classic length until I was about 7, I think. A girl in my class got a chin length bob and it was just so cute that I had to have it! Broke my poor mama's heart lol. It made life easier for me. No more standing foreverrrr while she painfully combed or brushed my hair.

Neither mum nor I knew how to care for long hair unfortunately (shame there was no LHC back then) & the whole family used pantene. I had to wear my hair in a braid always or it would tangle in an instant. There was many many times that I was in tears because there was a dreadlock in the back encompassing half of my hair that my dad kindly & patiently tried to remove without cutting. Wish there were tangle teezers around back then.

Littlewing13
March 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Growing up in military base housing, all the other guys kept theirs short, like military cut short. Naturally I had mine that way most of the time. there was occasion I could let it grow out. One time, when I was in 5th grade, it was past my elbows. There was only one girl in the school with longer. And was it ever. She had hers halfway down her thighs.
All the time girls asked to fix mine but the teacher would not let them do much more then a braid. (at least when they were around to see.:D)
When I went into the Navy, ironically there was one other guy starting at basic training with me that had past shoulder length. When we went into the barbers to get it shered off, he said he had been working at the base in the long hair days back in the early 70s and that ours was the longest guys hair he could think of since that time.
How long are you going with yours?

You have amazing hair! My goal keeps stretching (I started another thread on that). Currently I'm hoping for at least tailbone. We shall see. I guess it all comes down to how easy it is to manage. Remembering my long hair as a kid - it was a pain! But I didnt know how to look after it. I think I'll be right this time around.

Littlewing13
March 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Errrm would it be totally lame if I said I do that now? lol

No really I was considering henna & so I gathered all of my clothes & things in various shades of red & put them on my head like a wig to see if the colour worked with my skin. I'm such a goose.

lapushka
March 10th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Anyways I feel now like long is just more 'me' & a thought just popped into my head - maybe it is because I was used to long hair as a kid? Although it has been yeeears...

What are your thoughts?

I definitely understand where you're coming from. I started growing my hair (from a pageboy cut) when I was six and reached classic length at the age of 10/11, so this entire time was geared towards growing it long. In my early teens, I got it cut to a pageboy style again, and regretted it the next day. Anyway, I felt really comfortable with my long hair.

MaryMarx
March 13th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Errrm would it be totally lame if I said I do that now? lol

No really I was considering henna & so I gathered all of my clothes & things in various shades of red & put them on my head like a wig to see if the colour worked with my skin. I'm such a goose.

Haha, someone should give us a wig!

malwes
March 13th, 2012, 02:12 PM
When I was a child, my mum let my hair grow and I had them till my bottom. I cut being 26, when lying in hospital while pregnant.

Shesta
March 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
When I was a kid I generally had a short cut - either a pixie or chin-shoulder length. Once I turned 9 I let let grow and it reached about APL but then an accident happened and it was shortened one more time.

Springgrl
March 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
I have had long hair my whole life, and I think it is this reason that I identify with it so much. So yes, it is probably because you had it as a child!

evieisocoolike
May 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Mostly low thigh length when I was young, dark brown with red/gold natural highlights and curls and spirals. :crush: I wish I liked it then. But no, I had to never go out in the sun (eventual loss of highlights), cut it to APL, and straighten the hell out of it. :run: Grrrrrr. It will never be the same again. :wail:

Angela_Rose
May 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I had long hair until I was about 10. At that point, it was TBL with scraggly ends. I asked Mom to take me to a salon to have 6" taken off.

Woops.

The girl at Stupid Cuts made a decision for me and cut my hair so that it was only 6" long. That's right- a complete bob. This was a horrible and devastating cut. I cried and cried; Mom refused to pay.

From then on, I just let it grow. I have had, oh, three or four actual cuts since then- mostly to BSL or so. Now, I am growing to knee length, and I'm newly at fingertip length!

KAggs
May 15th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I used to have waist length hair until I decided to chop it of to chin length in second grade. From then till 9th grade, it was always above my shoulder. I finally decided to grow it out for proms.

Tabihito
May 15th, 2012, 06:53 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/544231_3817942324135_1144937077_33491198_568050765 _n.jpg Well I was thirteen in this one. This was actually fairly long for me as a kid, it was mostly around chin-length.

ladylowtide
May 15th, 2012, 06:54 PM
I had long hair as little girl, about hip length, and golden blonde at the ends where my young hair had grown out... Then my mom got tire of ripping a brush through my hair everyday and had it cut about my ears :( That is the shortest my hair has ever been. Then it grew out to waist length and my mom convinced me to cut it to chin. So I am never having short hair again. After years of playing around with shoulder length layered to crap hair, I just want to have some long one length locks.

auroraclio
May 16th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Mine was always really short like a pixie as a child.

FireFromWithin
May 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I had a bob until about the age of 5 or 6 when I was old enough to take care of my own hair and convinced my mum to let me grow it (she still cut my hair in those days). It grew to MBL then I had it cut to shoulder at the end of year 6 just before starting senior school (I live in the UK so I was 11), I then grew it out again to BSL/ MBL before cutting it to shoulder again at the beginning of year 11 (aged 15 I think) which was the worst mistake ever, I also died it pink my accident and had the ends "flicked" for my prom which looked awful, after which I resolved to grow it out again. Before getting board and bleaching it which was the worst mistake ever. If only I had found LCH a few years ago I would have waist length hair now. grrr

ladyofrohan
May 16th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I had hair that was about chin to shoulder length, with bangs, until I was ten or eleven. Started growing the bangs out a couple years later, and went through a profoundly silly looking phase with bangs parted down the middle and clipped back on my temples . . . it just had to be the year I went on a major road trip and we took tons of pictures.
Now that I think of it, I'm rapidly approaching the point where not only will my hair be at least half as long as I am, but it will have been long for at least half my life. Can I feel old now?

Lachrymosa
May 16th, 2012, 04:37 PM
My hair was tailbone length until I begged my parents to let me cut it shorter at 9 years old. I had such nice hair back then, thick, auburn, with soft waves...I want that hair back now!

tiarefleur
May 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM
When I was 8 it would touch the floor when I sat down! I had never actually cut my hair before then... Then my dad cut it in my sleep! :eek:

Vampyria
May 16th, 2012, 06:54 PM
SL and shorter, because my parents took me to the hairdresser every time it got to long. At least what they thought was to long. And I always had bangs, which I liked. After, when I was 10 years old and older I tried to grow it long. I didn't know how to take care of my hair back then, plus it got very curly and dry, so it was to damaged to grow longer then BSL.

kallarina
May 16th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I have a question for anyone on here (sorry for hijacking)
If my hair only grew to about tailbone length as a child, does that mean it won't get any longer than that?
I never had my hair cut as a child. No trims, nothing, until I was nine. My hair was tailbone length then.

Faux
May 16th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I was bald until I was two. As a little girl/tween I had TBL hair. I didn't know how to take care of it though and my mom didn't even know to buy me conditioner! It was always tangled. I got a bob in middle school (and dyed it every color of the rainbow), but grew it out in high school (and I've been black since then). I got the pob in college and I liked it, but I have the completely wrong hair type for it and it took 45 minutes to style. Growing it out again was a nightmare! But here I am at 21" and I'm happy with my length. I'm going to go a little bit longer to see how I like it, but I don't think I'll let it get too much longer. I'm addicted to hair dye and my flat iron, so I seriously doubt I'll ever have the classic length. Also, while that length is beautiful, I think its too much upkeep for me.

MonicaJean
May 16th, 2012, 11:08 PM
My hair was always back and forth as a kid, the longest being mid-back, and the shortest being at my ears. O.O The ear length hair never made it into my plans ever ever again. hahaha My mom was a hair dresser so anytime I thought of a cut I wanted she would cut it for me. I really wanted long hair but my hair was very fine and pretty thin so everyone always told me that I can't have long hair... now I know I can, AND my hair has thickened up and become what everybody always told me it would never be! :) Admittedly, I am growing it back out again now from a cut. Currently at APL, but it's been long.

Vapunzel91
May 16th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Chin length! Chin length! Chin length!

I hated how short it was. I always wanted long hair for as long as I remember. I blame my mom for how much shorter my hair is now because I could have had five years of length added to my current length!

svehex
May 17th, 2012, 12:10 AM
TBL at the end, before my mother made me cut it at 13

Servana
May 17th, 2012, 12:41 AM
When I was 4 years old, I had extremely long & beautiful hair. It was TBL, straight & shiny. However, right before I started school, my mother hacked my hair off into a shoulder-length mullet (a hairstyle she's had herself for the past 20 years). I cried a lot. And my mother was always a short hair nazi, so she made me cut my hair every 2 months, & my hair was shoulder-length for my entire childhood. As soon as I was old enough to defy her, I stopped cutting my hair altogether & it grew from shoulder length to hip length in less than a year. I've been maintaining it between waist & hip ever since, & I only cut my hair twice a year.

Zesty
May 17th, 2012, 12:48 AM
I think the longest mine ever really got was hovering around shoulder length, but usually more like chin length. I never had any long hair fantasies or anything, and I'm kind of glad my parents kept it short -- it meant less time fussing with my hair and more time running around like crazy or reading or whatever it was I felt like doing.

carmac21
May 17th, 2012, 03:24 AM
My mum cut my tbl blonde wavy hair when I started school, and insisted I kept cutting it all through school, right up until I left at 17!!
However she is hair clueless; she got a hotbrush stuck in my hair when I was about 4! And she actively encouraged hair straighteners on me and all my sisters, we all have wavy/ curly hair. She would hold my curly hair up and say it was a mess :(

I'm 25 now, and I when I visit her I know she is probably thinking my unstraightened hair is 'a mess' but I dont care, its taken along time to undone the unhealthy views on my hair she instilled, but I've done it!!!
Trying to get my big sister to embrace her natural hair texture too.

BunnyWabbit
May 17th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Until I was about 6 I looked like Shirley Temple. Chunky 3b type perfect copper colored curls usually cut just above my shoulders. I'm not sure how long that would have been straight because even pictures of it wet it's curled up on the ends!

As I got older it straightened a lot & darkened to a mahogany color and I did a chop up to chin length (it just flipped out at the ends, but was pretty straight other than that). It stayed around collar bone after that until I started to grow it out in early high school. Longest it got was between 16-18 years old (still a kid in my book!) when it was just above BSL most of the time. As it grew out the curl came back but it stayed dark.

So I've never been able to reach my desired length! MBL. I've come close, but so far with all my hair trial and tribulations with hair loss and damage, it hasn't happened.

SurferB
May 17th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Short and really curly blonde locks ;P

Ticky
May 17th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Anywhere from chin to APL, until my teenage years.

Kristen121
May 17th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Mine was always somewhere between chin and shoulder length. My mom curled it and put a headband in it to match my outfit everyday. I dreamed of having WL hair. Every time my mom brought me to get a hair cut, I would ask the stylist if she could glue more hair on instead of cutting it off. Once I was old enough to take care of my own hair, I got into a serial pattern of growing it to around BSL and then getting bored and cutting it short. I am at BSL again now, but I'm going to keep letting it grow for a bit.

GoblinTart
May 29th, 2012, 12:43 AM
My mom wouldn't let me grow it past APL in school. She'd trim my hair every 3 months. Whether it needed it or not. I found pictures of me in the bath when we lived In Turkey though and my hair was down to my waist. I think that was my dad's doing though.

I told my mom I wanted a beauty shop haircut around 8th grade or so. What I meant was I wanted a trim, with the hair washing, the conditioning, and maybe shape it a bit. I came out with a chin length Bob and fringe. :(

In high school, I wanted a perm. Why? Because even my mom wouldn't make me cut my hair short if it was curly. How about getting a perm and taking care of curly hair brought out my natural curl after years of pulling it straight with a hairbrush. Or maybe it was.puberty. who knows.

I used to sit behind the girls in class and dream of having long waist length hair like theirs.

Jessibear2854
May 29th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Mine was usually between lower back and waist. I wore lots of braids and pigtails :cheese:

thystle
June 1st, 2012, 12:40 PM
Mine was long in first grade, about waist length and curly! Then mom whacked it off and the length went up and down until about seventh grade, when I started to let it grow, and by high school graduation it was at classic length or a little longer, as I could sit on it.

I really need to look through my old photos for pictures that show my hair, as I'm getting quite nostalgic about my hair now. :)

Asma
June 1st, 2012, 01:22 PM
My hair has always been long, I used to hate it so much, only about 2 years ago have I started to like it.

PolarCathy
June 1st, 2012, 01:31 PM
They say I could sit on it... I don't remember... (I was 7)

I ony remember the pain and the tears every morning when my mom combed it (I had curly hair)

seven77
June 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM
My hair was always down to my lower back.. sometimes hit my butt then I'd get it cut.. but usually between mid-lower back.
Then around 13 I cut it real short.. then wore a pixie from 15-18.. then would grow to shoulder, cut pixie, grow to shoulder, cut pixie.. until 24 when I grew it out.. now I grow to mid-back then cut short.. but this last cut is it! I'm growing it long and keeping it this time!

starrydawn
June 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM
I had thin, straight classic length hair around age 4 and then kept it around waist until third grade. My hair has completely changed in texture and thickness, though. My mom told me that when I was a baby and early toddler, I had like no hair so she massaged my head a lot. I definitely think that helped considering how fast it grew after she did that.

C_Bookworm
June 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I had thick, knee length hair until 4th grade. It got some huge knots when my braid came undone swimming, and got cut back to waist. Once I hit high school, I cut back to shoulder, then chin...I'm back to growing it out again. I feel most like myself with long hair.

This is my hair at about 10
http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss52/casiafurrer/Untitled.jpg

honeybunnie8
June 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
My hair was probably BSL as a child. I got tons of tangles and refused to brush it so my mom snuck into my room at night and cut it to ear length once..:bigeyes:

jellycatty
June 4th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Mine was always short when I was a baby to five. Everyone thought I was a boy. haha
And even after that I always had yearly chops before I was 12 because I never brushed my hair. Ever. :p

<3OnHerSleeve
June 4th, 2012, 06:12 PM
My childhood hair experiences definitely influenced my choice to grow my hair long.

As a baby, toddler, till I was about 3 I had wispy hair that made me look bald. Then my hair grew into a lot of curls like Shirley Temple. The longest my hair grew was when I was about 6-7 and it reached waist. However I got lice and it was cut shorter. It grew back to midback and that's the longest any photos show unfortunately. I got lice about 3x as a kid and each time resulted in my hair being cut shorter and shorter. The 3rd time, even though we tried every product and my hair was cut to my shoulders to manage it, the lice seemed to grow immune to everything we tried.

Thus my hair was shaved off. And I definitely have had a reaction to being mistaken for a boy since I was 12 and have longed for my hair to be at least waist ever since.

honeybunnie8
June 4th, 2012, 06:17 PM
This is my hair at about 10
http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss52/casiafurrer/Untitled.jpg

Thats amazing hair you had!:D

spookyghost
June 4th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Probably inbetween BSL and waist. White blonde hair-I dont know if thats what they call a tow head or not. I had that until I was about 7 and then my mom took me to get my hair cut and she cut it, according to my mom, with a razon like a shag or something. It was awful. I cried. I looked like a boy. So my mom kept my hair short till I started growing it out after I graduated from high school. I have always wanted waist length hair-and Im going to get it!

AutumnJasmine
June 4th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I had hair by my ears. It was very traumatizing for me lol. My mom did it I guess because it was easier to care for. Needless to say other girls said I looked like a boy. When I was old enough to make my own hair decisions my hair was always around bsl.

Sivan
June 4th, 2012, 07:01 PM
It was pretty long for my size when I was 4, then my mom had it cut to above shoulder length for "easy maintenance" lol... I always dreamed of having long hair though.
In grade 6 I cut it to a short bob because one of the popular girls who bullied me got a similar cut and I thought I had to be more like her to be liked. Gosh that it sad lol :( Thank G-d those days are over!!
In high school I had it kinda the same for the early years, on and off... I always loved it long... I don't know why I kept on getting it cut to shoulder length. What the heck was I thinking LOL
My hair has always been at least BSL in my 20's, except for last fall where I went to SL to get rid of thinning ends, layers, old colour etc. I hated it!
Long hair always feels more "me"... I can't wait to see what it will look like closer to WL!
yayyy long hair :p

C_Bookworm
June 5th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Thats amazing hair you had!:D

Thank you! I wish I had appreciated it more at the time.

Cheveux en péta
June 8th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Mine was WL when dry and even longer when wet ( I have 3c type hair). When my mom washed it I remember my neck hurting sooooo bad. I had to lie down while she combed it upward to get some of the tangles out.

Anlbe
June 8th, 2012, 02:14 PM
In my mother's family girls hair is kept in a page boy bob until they're old enough to look after it themselves. Incidentally that's the maximum length the boys are allowed to have their hair too. Because I was/am a scatterbrain and lost hair clips/bands etc I wasn't allowed those either and had a deep fringe instead.

For such a aesthetically aware family we can be a pragmatic lot. My mother would be furious if I cut my hair now....

myHairGrowth
June 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I always had chin-shoulder length hair through out my childhood. My hair was thick and I was lean. So my mom thought all the food nutrients are going to the hair so she always kept it short.:)

JuniperBerry
June 8th, 2012, 06:14 PM

braidgirl22
June 8th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Mine was short when I was really little about shoulder length then grew it out to waist or a little below because I threw fits when someone just cut my bangs.Till one day one of my aunts took me to the salon and made me get my hair cut all the way to my chin.