PDA

View Full Version : I did it! My hair is now GREEN.

Revontuletar
March 8th, 2012, 08:52 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/303h25f.jpg

Unfortunately it is terrible webcam quality because I have somehow misplaced my camera. I should take a photo from behind, but it is a bit difficult so I just did this. At least I have some photos. I might see if I can borrow someone else's camera later to get some better pictures. I used Punky colour in Violet, Manic Panic in Enchanted Forest and Electric lizard.
And here is the inspiration behind my new hair colour:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2iqjqrs.jpghttp://i43.tinypic.com/n530q0.jpg

NEW PICS HERE!!!!! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59372837@N04/sets/72157629551130773/)

LittleOrca
March 8th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Lovely. :) I agree the webcam does your hair little justice. We need better pics! *Flips tail!*

bettylibertine
March 8th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Cool! More pics please :D

xXfaitheyx
March 8th, 2012, 08:55 PM
whoa!! thats awesome!!!

Revontuletar
March 8th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Lovely. :) I agree the webcam does your hair little justice. We need better pics! *Flips tail!*
Oh I KNOOOOOWWW!!! I've asked my best friend if I can come over to his house and use his camera when he has a day off work next. Whatever happens I WILL get better pictures!!! It really does look way better than the webcam shows. It did turn out a little darker and more of a teal colour than I wanted towards the top, but that is just me being nitpicky I think.

amantha
March 8th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Awesome! Green is my favorite color. Nice shirt by the way...I love Finntroll. :rockerdud

Chromis
March 8th, 2012, 08:57 PM
What a fantastic green!

Revontuletar
March 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM
It's my favourite colour too :D And wow, you are indeed observant to notice my shirt, especially when my hair is covering most of it. Well done!

ouseljay
March 8th, 2012, 09:01 PM
That's beautiful. I love green.

Beckstar
March 8th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Kermit lied! It ain't easy being green? Ha, you proved that theory to be wrong. Green looks great on you and you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Peter
March 8th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Utterly fantastic!

I'm green with envy.

tarn
March 8th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Yay! I've been waiting for these pics for ages :)
Good choice on the color and I can't wait to see some better shots. This would look amazing in sunlight!!!!

Revontuletar
March 8th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Kermit lied! It ain't easy being green? Ha, you proved that theory to be wrong. Green looks great on you and you'll have a lot of fun with it.
Thanks! :D It's a nice change, I like it:)

Wavelength
March 8th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Wow, looks great! Looking forward to better pics! :D

And where were those photos of the northern lights taken? They're gorgeous!

Tisiloves
March 8th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Shiny! Does it actually lighten down the length, or is that a trick of the light?

Revontuletar
March 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Shiny! Does it actually lighten down the length, or is that a trick of the light?

It actually does lighten down the length, I did that on purpose by blending. I used punk colour violet at the roots blended into Enchanted forest down the lengths and a mix of electric lizard and enchanted forest towards the ends. So no, not a trick of the light :D

Wow, looks great! Looking forward to better pics! :D

And where were those photos of the northern lights taken? They're gorgeous!
I'm not sure where they were taken, they are random pictures on tumblr and I don't think they had any reference *shrugs*

Nedertane
March 8th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Gorgeously green! Also, much love for the Finntroll shirt. Wanna be my new bff? :P

morrigan*
March 8th, 2012, 11:32 PM
I love it, green is my favorite colour :D

Pecheresse
March 8th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Pretty damn hot.

Cara Heather
March 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM
looks awesome :D

Ishje
March 8th, 2012, 11:51 PM
it looks awesome :D the colors really seem to match the aurora borealis, (not that I have ever seen it in real live, but it looks much like the picture!)

Quixii
March 9th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Yay! I'm glad you finally got to do it!
I'm eagerly awaiting better pictures, but it looks awesome so far!

I got the last of the dyes I needed for my rainbow hair, so I may soon be joining you in posting dyed pics. :joy:

Revontuletar
March 9th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Gorgeously green! Also, much love for the Finntroll shirt. Wanna be my new bff? :P
Sure!!:cheese:

And Quixii I can't wait to see your rainbow hair!!!

B-L
March 9th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Woooohooo! That's übercoool! Green is my favorit color! :cheer:

einna
March 9th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Looking good! I can't wait for more pictures. Don*t be shy, take many and more ;)

Nightshade
March 9th, 2012, 12:54 AM
I am so, so envious. My one hair regret was never dying it green :)

RapunzelKat
March 9th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Wow, it's so awesome! :bounce: I can't wait to see more pix!

Also, I love that you gave your avatar pic green hair :D

Revontuletar
March 9th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Thank you very much all! I will try and borrow someone else's camera if I can. I really want to get some proper photos but as I said I lost my camera and only have my crappy webcam :(
And yeah, I figured that since my hair is now green, my avatar pic's hair must be green too.

joflakes
March 9th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Ooh, I totally love it!

Venefica
March 9th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Green it is, and it actually do look like northern lights. It looks very pretty on you. Makes you look like something from a old 1960's horror movie. (And from me that is a big compliment.) :D

Revontuletar
March 9th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Green it is, and it actually do look like northern lights. It looks very pretty on you. Makes you look like something from a old 1960's horror movie. (And from me that is a big compliment.) :D
Thanks! Looking like something from an old horror movie is indeed a big compliment :D

Mannaz
March 9th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Oh wow, it looks so fantastic, and I mean fantasy-like fantastic! Out all the colors I've dyed my hair, green was my all time favourite. I've missed all the northern lights so far but maybe there will be more...

Venefica
March 9th, 2012, 02:49 AM
My hubby is a hobby photographer and so is his dad, so often in the middle of the night if there is Northern Lights he and his dad toss themselves into the car and do to some place with a good view and take pictures, some of the pictures they have taken is amazing. I will ask him if I can post some of them. Northern lights are just amazing, they are magical, like theGoddess peeking down onto the earth.

rock007junkie
March 9th, 2012, 05:13 AM
I love it!!! I often wish I wasn't a teacher so I could still be able to do that.

Sammich
March 9th, 2012, 05:35 AM
So so so creative!

I love how you based it off something natural too. Gorgeous. :)

Amber_Maiden
March 9th, 2012, 06:33 AM
WOW! That's really green! :)

Long_hair_bear
March 9th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I miss my purple hair! :cry:

Naiadryade
March 9th, 2012, 07:44 AM
It looks fantastic! I too await better pictures. Let's see you shine in the sunlight!

I keep thinking about dying my hair green... subtle,though. I have medium-dark brown hair and I'm not going to lighten it, I would just dye over it. What color is your natural hair and did you lighten it to get that green color?

Shorty89
March 9th, 2012, 07:57 AM
That looks awesome!

bluebird77
March 9th, 2012, 08:39 AM
That's unreal! I love it. It's difficult to tell from the picture but it looks like you have green eyes too? That would make it perfect.

lapushka
March 9th, 2012, 08:45 AM
That's amazing. Kind of regretting that I never dyed my hair lively colors (well, except henna red). ;)

long&blonde
March 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Your hair is positively beautiful!
Love the shade.
Green is my favorite color too.

lillikins
March 9th, 2012, 09:17 AM
That looks great! :D Manic Panic is boss.

spidermom
March 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I love the Northern Lights pictures! (your hair looks good,too)

speshe
March 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I love it! Green is my favorite color too! I'm too much of a coward to wear my hair that color, so I'll live vicariously through your pictures. LOL

IndigoOptimist
March 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
That's amazing! I've had green/aqua before. LOOOOOOVED it! But it was too high maintenance, had to keep redying it every month or so. Now because of the job I'm in I can't have green hair. Pink/red/purple are ok though xD Green and blue are just too weird :p

terylenerose
March 9th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I like it! I don't usually like unnatural colors on hair but I like this one. Makes me wish I hadn't thrown out our old food coloring. But then the green was used up anyway. Maybe I'll get some more, someday.

Eirelin
March 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM
St. Patrick's Day coming up!:grnbiggri

Revontuletar
March 9th, 2012, 05:33 PM
It looks fantastic! I too await better pictures. Let's see you shine in the sunlight!

I keep thinking about dying my hair green... subtle,though. I have medium-dark brown hair and I'm not going to lighten it, I would just dye over it. What color is your natural hair and did you lighten it to get that green color?

There are pictures of me on my profile with my natural hair. I had about a year's worth of virgin regrowth (dark blonde) and the rest of my hair was dyed a lighter blonde. I did not bleach or lighten to get this green. That was one of the reasons I did this, because it was something I could do that would not involve peroxide.

That's unreal! I love it. It's difficult to tell from the picture but it looks like you have green eyes too? That would make it perfect.
Yes, I have green eyes too :D There's a better picture of me (with my hair before it was green) on my profile that shows my eye colour pretty well :)

Calaelen
March 9th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I love it! I am so wanting to go an outrageous colour now.

Revontuletar
March 9th, 2012, 05:43 PM
St. Patrick's Day coming up!:grnbiggri
I know right! I'll be the most stylin' at St. Pat's day for sure!!!

I love it! I am so wanting to go an outrageous colour now.
Awww go for it! It would look great on you, your hair is so pretty! :)

PixxieStix
March 9th, 2012, 05:49 PM
GAH! Sooooo jealous! The color turned out amazing, good job and congratulations on it! LOVE it! I can't wait to see some good photos, it can only get more awesome! Love the inspiration photo too by the way. :)

Maelyssa
March 9th, 2012, 08:09 PM
That's completely awesome...and I love your inspiration. Absolutely intriguing.

gracenotes
March 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM
That is AWESOME. I love that it's Northern Lights-inspired.

Arakazi
March 9th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Wow its so exciting! I think green looks great! :rockerdud

FrozenBritannia
March 9th, 2012, 09:07 PM
That looks awesome!! We get tons of northern lights here, but I have to say, I don't usually stay up late to watch them. :o

Revontuletar
March 9th, 2012, 10:14 PM
LINK TO NEW PICS HAS BEEN ADDED TO FIRST POST!!!