View Full Version : Sudden realization about tangle frustration.

MicheleClaire
March 8th, 2012, 05:02 PM
My hair is almost tailbone length and I've been struggling with tangles for awhile, especially when I sleep. I've just done low braids or buns to manage them.

I've just started wearing my buns pretty high on my head during the day and night. Significantly less tangles. Wish I had just done this starting two years ago >.<

Feeling silly. :o

PrincessBob
March 8th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I have tried to do the same, but high hairstyles give me intense headaches... do you have any suggestions?

einna
March 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Interesting. I will remember that. Thanks for sharing. :)

Madora
March 8th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Yes, a braided bun on top of your head sure cuts down on nighttime tangles!!

xXfaitheyx
March 8th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I have tried to do the same, but high hairstyles give me intense headaches... do you have any suggestions?

in stead of a high hairstyle, just flip your hair up above your pillow. That usually works for a friend of mine.

JesusFreak88
March 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I do the same some nights. I think what helps for me is I keep it loose enough that when I sleep the bun is supported by the pillow. While it pulls before and after bed, it is fine when I sleep.

Johanna
March 13th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I was getting really frustrated with my hair until I started braiding it at night. Significantly less tangles! Also less hair in my mouth lol.

Diamond.Eyes
March 13th, 2012, 08:21 AM
My hair is pretty close to TBL as well and a silk sleeping cap has helped out greatly. I have no tangles in the morning at all. I lightly twist my length a bit before placing it inside of the cap. :)

heidi w.
March 13th, 2012, 09:33 AM

You appear to have a LOT of hair. This can during the duration of the updo cause hair to slip down in its updo (as mine does to me) and can after a time become fairly irritating because under hairs are being pulled uncomfortably. I have had success creating two buns instead of one to lessen the load of the weight.

The updo I did in my recently posted youtube video actually has low pull, and holds up just fine with just one hairstick. Although most days, by mid-afternoon, I have to redo it because it becomes too loose.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I'm laughing because us uber longhairs know this to be true. It takes a while to learn stuff, sometimes.

It's VERY important to take hair out of an updo in reverse order that you put it up in. Don't just pull the hair stick (for example) and let it all flop out. Tangle city!!

heidi w.

ladyshep
March 13th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Ooooo! I like your hair!

Tangles are the pits but with the right care it can be easily managed as others have suggested. Do you oil? This can help greatly!

NotInPortland
March 13th, 2012, 10:05 AM
No matter where I position my bun I still end up with a mess of tangles :( I move around a lot in my sleep though so there's not much I can really do about it it seems.

Nenyath
March 13th, 2012, 11:23 AM
My head used to be the tangle capital, what has really helped is bunning it, putting a scarf on (silk or silk like) and then just easing the hair stick out from under the scarf wrap. I can't bun it at night without the scar, it seems to need its down time.. The silk night cap also worked wonders, but I wore the elastic out completely :p

melusine963
March 13th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I'm laughing because us uber longhairs know this to be true. It takes a while to learn stuff, sometimes.

It's VERY important to take hair out of an updo in reverse order that you put it up in. Don't just pull the hair stick (for example) and let it all flop out. Tangle city!!

heidi w.

This must be where I've been going wrong. I'll be more careful next time!