PDA

View Full Version : Heidi W. Youtube video

heidi w.
March 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
ETA1: The video is now removed, apparently by the owner, but I myself did not remove it. I think I posted it incorrectly under the TLC account, perhaps accidentally. I am IN process of inquiring. IF that's what I did, then I have to re-post with a new link which I will come back and provide in this thread as an ETA2 or ETA3.

ETA2: Ok. I did incorrectly post it under TLC TV's account, and they removed it, so now I have to re-load it and provide a new link. Sorry about that, guys! Thanks for alerting me so soon! (I've spent all day so far on this youtube video in one way or another. Time consuming effort. I won't post a lot of videos, that's for sure. I'll be involved in school soon, so my focus and priority is passing classes. Be back soon! END ETA2

ETA3: Okay, here is the new and correct link for the video:

http://youtu.be/hjVwPKMQDYk

Sorry about all the problems. I posted in the wrong account, it seems. Right now this is uploading and in process of "processing", so give it some time before you can view it. Oh, and I lost all those 2 pages of nice compliments under the video! Bummer that. Sorry everyone. END ETA3.

ETA4: Ok, it's still processing, almost loaded. Soon the wifi cafe is closing, so I'll have to log off and hope that it posts even so. I won't be able to check again til Monday. I hope this works as it did last night, loading silently in the night. END ETA4

ETA5: It's all back up and working. Link under ETA4. END ETA5.

ORIGINAL POST:
I created and am IN PROCESS of putting a video on youtube. I got so excited I just couldn't wait. I'm worried it's too big or too long, and it says it's still being processed so viewing isn't possible right yet.

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/2sxq9in1lMQ

It's my first video and not super great. I'll get better at this. It shows how I oil my hair (I had a bit too much coconut oil because the pot of oil has been out of the fridge most of the day) and it also shows how I create an easy updo.

I hope this helps people, somehow.

ETA: Alex is the name of my videographer. He holds my camera and goes in and out. Being that he's taller than me, he can get some good shots, and he has a knack for what people need to see in the videos. It's not the worst video. But I sure could dress a whole lot nicer. Maybe someday I can shoot this outdoors which adds sunlight and bushes and greenery and whatnot. That'd be a nice background. END ETA

heidi w.

Madora
March 8th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I can't wait to see it! Thanks for the heads up announcement, Heidi!

BBdck1
March 8th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Can't wait to see it! I want to see your long, long hair in action!

FrozenBritannia
March 8th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I watched the other video heidi and your hair is gorgeous!!! So long and smooth! Very shiny and healthy looking too. Can't wait to see the new one!

Amazinggrace
I have bookmarked the page. :)

Thank for taking the time to make the video.

Kyla
I can't wait! :) I've always admired your hair in your signature pic, I'm so excited to see a video of it!

HappyHair87
March 8th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Awww....I saw your other video. You seem like a very sweet person Heidi :) Your hair is beautiful! Can't wait for the new vid to appear!

Beatnik Guy
March 8th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Hope it is ready soon. :popcorn:

heidi w.
March 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Uhhhh, Other Video? What are you referring to? Information please.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first video I have posted. I did almost the same thing for the TLC video, but I have not posted that video for people to see, I thought! Is that what people are referring to?

So now it's processed, but is somehow re-processing. I don't know if this is normal or an indication of a problem occurring.

Hmmmm?

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 8th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Awww....I saw your other video. You seem like a very sweet person Heidi :) Your hair is beautiful! Can't wait for the new vid to appear!

I am usually sweet, but I can be a PITA too. We all have our moments! LOL
Thank you, though. That's nice of you to claim to me.

heidi w.

HappyHair87
March 8th, 2012, 04:28 PM

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first video I have posted. I did almost the same thing for the TLC video, but I have not posted that video for people to see, I thought! Is that what people are referring to?

So now it's processed, but is somehow re-processing. I don't know if this is normal or an indication of a problem occurring.

Hmmmm?

heidi w.

Yeah...that one:afro:....i like the bun you did at the end too!:cheese:

HappyHair87
March 8th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I am usually sweet, but I can be a PITA too. We all have our moments! LOL
Thank you, though. That's nice of you to claim to me.

heidi w.

I'm good at vibing w/ppl. I think we ALL can be PITA sometimes....i have a tendency to be annoying without trying....i also can turn into the Hulk w/out trying:laugh:...but thats a whole nother story!

Now im huungry again talkin about pita...i love pita...bread, that is! lol

heidi w.
March 8th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Well, poetry night at the wifi cafe is about to begin, and I'm STILL uploading. I thought it finished, so then I checked and the link still shows it as "processing" and I'm afraid to unplug.

@HappyHair87: Can you link that other video in here too for folks to see. It may be the only video folks get to see tonight, if the link I posted doesn't work. I'm gonna be stuck unplugging soon.

OK, I will try again. It's reprocessing the "processing". Maybe it's too long or too big?

heidi w.

HappyHair87
March 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Well, poetry night at the wifi cafe is about to begin, and I'm STILL uploading. I thought it finished, so then I checked and the link still shows it as "processing" and I'm afraid to unplug.

@HappyHair87: Can you link that other video in here too for folks to see. It may be the only video folks get to see tonight, if the link I posted doesn't work. I'm gonna be stuck unplugging soon.

OK, I will try again. It's reprocessing the "processing". Maybe it's too long or too big?

heidi w.

No problem!

Here's the link!: Heidi's Other Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN8sKSajfxg&feature=channel)

curlsgalore
March 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Here's the other vid http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?user=CollectionObsession

FrozenBritannia
March 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM

Hmmmm?

heidi w.

I couldn't see the new one, so I clicked on your youtube user name, and saw your tlc video. I liked it. :)

Synnovea
March 8th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Wow, your hair is absolutely magnificent.

Annalouise
March 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Beautiful hair Heidi! It is so silky and smooth. I'm dying to know what your hair routine is. :)

FrozenBritannia
March 8th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Just watched it, (the new one) those are very pretty hair sticks, and your hair is lovely! i can't wait till my hair is long enough to try that bun!!!

Alvrodul
March 8th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Your hair is lovely! :flower:

ratgirldjh
March 8th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Yes your hair is so shiny and smooth! And of course LONG!
Beautiful! Thanks! I will try the bun when my hair gets long enough!

Macaroni
March 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Very nice video, I enjoyed it.

amantha
March 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Wow Heidi! Your hair is totally thud worthy. :thud: Thank you for making this video. I will have to try that bun sometime soon. :D

whitedove
March 8th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I really enjoyed your video. I find its sometimes better to get a visual on how other people oil, so you can gague your own.
Your friend did a great job videoing your hair.

Big thank you to him and yourself for this. :grouphug:

Amber_Maiden
March 8th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Wow! I must say you are not what I expected (funny of how we see people over the net eh?), in a god way of course! I figured through your posts that you are nice and down to earth, but your video just really amplifies that. You seem like such a nice person!

And you have lovely gorgeous hair! You are one dedicated lady! Beautiful!

cindy58
March 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Cool!

It's nice to see you and hear you speak, after all the posts I have read written by you. You seem like a caring person who is also quite down to earth.

Mrsbaybeegurl
March 8th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Great video! It was def nice to have a video on oiling. I am pretty sure if that's all you use on your long long hair than I am using tooooo much by far lol. Although mine is more of a pre-poo oil so it get's washed out. I've gotta try just light oiling to see if my hair will be wearable (without requiring an immediate wash) with just a smidge! I'm pretty new here and I am learning so much already :)

I am also inspired by your lovely hair! It's so beautiful, long and healthy... Absolutely stunningl!!

jacqueline101
March 8th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I can't wait to see it thank you for sharing.

PrairieRose
March 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I just watched the video. When you were combing and brushing your hair, I thought it looked it like streams of liquid pearl! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us:)

kidari
March 8th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I subscribed! OMG your hair is even more amazing in action! Great tip for detangling, I never thought to hold it and flip it to easily access the underside.

PF Graham
March 8th, 2012, 06:11 PM
A new career for you Heidi!

My only comment is the volume is almost inaudible.

I guess one other comment is the best part of the video is when Alex is shooting you with the light on you rather then when you're in partial shadow.

Very cool!

- P

Kayla Nyx
March 8th, 2012, 06:13 PM
oh my goodness Heidi! You're hair is so beautiful!!

FrozenBritannia
March 8th, 2012, 06:16 PM
A new carrier for you Heidi!

I guess one other comment is the best part of the video is when Alex is shooting you with the light on you rather then when you're in partial shadow.

Very cool!

- P

Thats odd, the audio was fine when I watched it? I heard everything clear as day, I thought it much better audio wise that the TLC video?

holothuroidea
March 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Yay! You have such beautiful hair, it's so cool to see it in action. Thank you for the video. :)

PF Graham
March 8th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Thats odd, the audio was fine when I watched it? I heard everything clear as day, I thought it much better audio wise that the TLC video?

Hummm, I'll try it again with different audio settings then.

I too want to echo, beautiful hair Heidi!

- P

HylianGirl
March 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing the videos, your hair is absolutelly amazing! So shiny and smooth ^-^ You also seem so nice, I agree with Amber_Maiden, you seen like a lovelly person through your posts and on video that gets amplified =) Also beautiful hair sticks, and I'lll sure try that bun once my hair is long enough =D

californiagirl
March 8th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I really enjoyed both videos as well. Your hair is lovely, and I really liked hearing you talk about how you take care of your hair. It was very informational for me, and I will be looking forward to seeing more in the future :)

Bunnysaur
March 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM
You have such gorgeous hair. I love how when you have it up, you can't tell how long it is, and then you let it down and it's like "WHOA! Where'd that come from?!"

sugarpixie10988
March 8th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Wow, your hair is SO shiny and pretty! It looks really soft too, I can't get over how gorgeous it is.

lunalocks
March 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM
great vid! and BEAUTIFUL hair!

longhairedlady
March 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I had to watch it twice because your hair was just so pretty! It looks so soft and silky!

princessp
March 8th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Heidi, your hair is stunning-wow! :thud:

ETA: Where did you get those gorgeous sticks? So pretty. :)

PixxieStix
March 8th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Heidi, your video is amazing! I don't think it's too long, it's very informative, and WOW your hair is just so incredibly gorgeous! I don't think I want my hair that long, but I'd take hair that beautiful and healthy for sure!

Wonderful job, and thank you for sharing with us! :flower:

xXfaitheyx
March 8th, 2012, 07:46 PM
You have such pretty hair!!

skraprchik
March 8th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Love the video! It's great to see how you handle that much hair.

Vanille_
March 8th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I couldn't stop saying "wow".

Arakazi
March 8th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I just watched the video. It's very informative and when my hair dry's I am going to try the updo :) Your hair is just lovely by the way.

dwell_in_safety
March 8th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Now that is hair like a waterfall. Absolutely stunning. :D

Copasetic
March 8th, 2012, 08:06 PM
This is great, Heidi W! I subscribed.

Annibelle
March 8th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Lovely! Beautiful hair, Heidi. :blossom:

bettylibertine
March 8th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Thank you! That was great :D
Your hair looked so shiny and lovely!

EdG
March 8th, 2012, 08:31 PM
You have thudworthy hair, heidi w. :thudpile:

I may have to try oiling my hair. Sebum alone doesn't work well enough.
Ed

SoulOfTheSea
March 8th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Oh Heidi your hair is so beautiful and shiny! And I must say, you have a really sweet voice and demeanor which I found calming to watch. :flower:

Diamondbell
March 8th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Heidi :waving: your hair is very pretty like a waterfall!! And I really liked the detangling part, that really helped. I will try to detangle like that :D

Silverbrumby
March 8th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Wonderful!

Seeshami
March 8th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Heidi you're adorable!

Cara Heather
March 8th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Thank you for sharing with us! Your hair is absolutely stunning.

Impulsive
March 9th, 2012, 12:23 AM
You have lovely hair! I really liked your video and I hope you'll be posting more.

Mommyof4
March 9th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Wow! Your hair is SOOO healthy and beautiful! I hope to have hair that is at least 1/2 as nice and healthy and long as yours is one day and I'll be happy!

Debra83
March 9th, 2012, 12:48 AM
WWWWOOOOOWWWWW!!!! Lovely video, Heidi! Just like you! Thank you so much for doing that for us. :D

MonaLisa
March 9th, 2012, 01:01 AM
It is so good to see you! A person behind all those wise words :flower:
Your hair is so admirable and perfect! :thud:

Shesta
March 9th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Heidi, watching your video was a real pleasure. You have one of the most beautiful manes that I've seen! :blossom:

morrigan*
March 9th, 2012, 01:26 AM
You are amaizing Heidi. It's really nice video

Sammich
March 9th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Really beautiful. I love the video so much, how inspiring. :D

Thank you for sharing this inspirational video with us! :)

vanity_acefake
March 9th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Just watched it.
Fantastic video.
Your hair is so beautiful.
It's wonderful to put a face and voice to you.
I love the updo.
Can't wait for you to make more videos.
:)

didrash
March 9th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Woooooow!! Great hear, absolutely stunning! Good video, too!

3azza
March 9th, 2012, 04:00 AM
your hair is so beautiful, wow, i like the video!

MeowScat
March 9th, 2012, 04:01 AM
That was so helpful, thank you for making a video! {doing a happy dance}

I can't get over how silky your hair is. Mine is curl resistant, too. It's really inspiring to see a fellow straighty with healthy, super-long silk.

....not to mention that your updo is beautiful and the time you took to describe everything was awesome!

Thank you, Heidi!!

:)

pepperminttea
March 9th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Your hair is amazing, Heidi, the shine that comes off it when you comb is stunning! :thud:

Othala
March 9th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Heidi, thank you for your videos. Watching them was very calming. I think you have beautiful hair, it is your crowning glory indeed.

Hairizona
March 9th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Heidi, your video is concise, very understandable and clear. You go at a nice pace; it is not too long. Your hair is beautiful, and your treatment of it in your video(s) is reverent. A+++ 5 stars!

MasCat
March 9th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Beautiful hair. It's always a pleasure to see such thudworthy hair :)

Ah, hair inspirations :)

newbeginning
March 9th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Wow. Your hair is amazing. I'll think I'll try that updo today. Thanks for the video.

Juanita
March 9th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Great video and beautiful hair Heidi. I did have a little trouble hearing you sometimes but I am moderately deaf. Looking for ward to some more great videos. Maybe some different updos and some of your lovely hair toy collection.

Tia2010
March 9th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Your hair is beautiful! And the shine...wow! Thanks for posting the video :)

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 09:40 AM
WOW, When I left the wifi cafe last night, around 5:30 pm (my time CST), the video had yet posted, and I thought it would fail, and I'd have to reload it some other way, somehow, or do the video again but in two parts (oiling only and updo only).

Then I checked first thing, and the video is loaded. Two pages of super nice compliments.

Then here, eight pages of nice compliments.

So, despite the background and my crappy pants, the video was a thumbs up. So NOW I have to think of other things to post on. I wish I could show how I wash my hair. I think people might get a few things out of that.

I think I'll do something regarding my all things hair collection: hair combs, artwork, old shampoo ads (with long hair images). Maybe something on the books? I have a few small statues. I also have hair decorations, and I could do something on that. Maybe something on Seborrheic Dermatitus.... I'm trying to think of things that people might either enjoy or want to know something about.

PM me with your suggestions, or reply to a blog of mine with your ideas. That way I can collect all the suggestions and not forget suggestions.

Now I'm going to go through this thread and reply to people.

However, since there's 8 pages and most of it is very nice compliments I do want to put out a ginormous THANK YOU EVERYONE. You're all making my day. The sun is shiny and the video was a success. Good day, so far!

I wish I could make money doing this, but I can't. At least I can't think of a way so far that's very reliable.

Have a wonderful day everyone. :p
heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
No problem!

Here's the link!: Heidi's Other Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN8sKSajfxg&feature=channel)

Thank you, HappyHair87!!

Have a lovely day.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Here's the other vid http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?user=CollectionObsession

Thank you, CurlsGalore. I didn't realize the TLC video could be viewed, and I improved a few things between this video and the one that posted sometime in the night (last night). The newest video (linked at the top of this thread, I think is more informative and more organized in process.)

Have a great day!
heidi w.

Lexy
March 9th, 2012, 09:49 AM
That is a great video. I really enjoyed seeing you after all these years of reading you. :D

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I couldn't see the new one, so I clicked on your youtube user name, and saw your tlc video. I liked it. :)

Try again to see the new one if you like. It was probably in process of "processing" when you tried to view it yesterday. It's up now. Be sure to turn up the volume setting. I speak a bit softly.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Beautiful hair Heidi! It is so silky and smooth. I'm dying to know what your hair routine is. :)

I have a super simple routine. Shampoo focusing on the scalp related hair, and condition the length only. Then out and a leave-in dab of conditioner (that's different from my conditioner in the shower because it majorly helps with detangling, while still wet). I slightly detangle, in stages when the hair is damp, not sopping wet. Then air dry. Then oil, then BBB. Then up. That's it. Daily detangling, some days I skip but most days I detangle once per day. And I wear it up ALL the time.

heidi w.

Ishje
March 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM
wow, your hair is so pretty!!!

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Just watched it, (the new one) those are very pretty hair sticks, and your hair is lovely! i can't wait till my hair is long enough to try that bun!!!

For anyone who wants to know. I found these hairsticks when I was in Manhattan, New York. I found one first, and then the second matching one quite by accident.

I found the first one at the Asian Museum in Manhattan, NYC, in the gift center. Then a few days later I had an appointment at the George Michael "Madora" hair salon (a long hair care salon). The front part of the salon is all products, combs, some brushes (mostly combs, though), and loads of hair decorations such as barettes, hair sticks -- all hair friendly. And I saw the "mate" to the stick and HAD to have it. A Happy Accident. I've used this set of hairsticks since purchase, and love them. I can put hair up with a stick that is made of metal and not compromise any of my wooden hairstick with wetness.

heidi w.

lapushka
March 9th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I just watched it and I think it's great. You should do more videos, Heidi! :)

kittengirl
March 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Wonderful video! Your hair is so lovely!

DMARTINEZ
March 9th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Enjoyed the video! Lovely hair! Cant really do the updo,and I have hair thats grazing my hip?
Guess i will try when its longer. ;)

Deb

chrissy-b
March 9th, 2012, 10:15 AM
You're so cute! And your hair is beautiful. Thanks so much for making and sharing this video! :flower:

allycat
March 9th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Heidi, forgive me if I missed it in the video but how many times between shampoos do you oil your hair? I'm wondering if or how much the oil builds up on the length. I think you said you wash once weekly. Do you need to use a clarifying shampoo?

Thanks in advance!

jennyjukes
March 9th, 2012, 10:19 AM
thanks for this video Heidi, it was very helpful. you certainly don't use a lot of oil and your hair looks lovely. :)

PinkyCat
March 9th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Long-@$$ hair is just so freakin' cool.

We are the coolest people on the planet.

ladyshep
March 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Cool! Beautiful hair. Thanks for the neat updo idea. I'll have to try it right now! :cheese: More please!!

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I am pretty sure if that's all you use on your long long hair than I am using tooooo much by far lol. Although mine is more of a pre-poo oil so it get's washed out. I've gotta try just light oiling to see if my hair will be wearable (without requiring an immediate wash) with just a smidge! I'm pretty new here and I am learning so much already :)

I am also inspired by your lovely hair! It's so beautiful, long and healthy... Absolutely stunningl!!

The most common problem I've heard, AFTER I demonstrate how I oil my hair and how little oil I actually use, is that people realize that perhaps they've been using too much oil when oiling their hair.

Curly hair types probably need a bit more oil than I use, but it's always easy to add more oil. It's hard to subtract the oil once it's applied! hee-hee. One has to re-wash to get too much oil off. So it can take a bit of experimentation to learn the right amount of oil that one needs for one's hair type, if oiling at all.

Also, thank you for your compliment. Have a great day, and good luck.

heidi w.

MaiCarInMtl
March 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post this. It's so nice to put an actual moving person to your posts. And what amazing hair! :)

moxamoll
March 9th, 2012, 10:45 AM
My thanks for the video as well Heidi - definitely :thud: worthy hair!

My only suggestion is to get Alex a lozenge or something. It's possibly just me, but I found his throat clearing all the time to be a bit distracting. :o

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Wow! I must say you are not what I expected (funny of how we see people over the net eh?), in a god way of course! I figured through your posts that you are nice and down to earth, but your video just really amplifies that. You seem like such a nice person!

And you have lovely gorgeous hair! You are one dedicated lady! Beautiful!

Please tell my sister that! LOL She has't received the news, it seems.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I subscribed! OMG your hair is even more amazing in action! Great tip for detangling, I never thought to hold it and flip it to easily access the underside.

I did not emphasize this, but notice how I used short, kind of bursty strokes to detangle, and how I worked on the bottom first, and then went a bit up and so on.

Also of import is how SLOWLY and patiently I detangled. I took my time. I was not in a hurry. That's an area that I did not comment upon, but decided that people hopefully noticed nevertheless.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM
My thanks for the video as well Heidi - definitely :thud: worthy hair!

My only suggestion is to get Alex a lozenge or something. It's possibly just me, but I found his throat clearing all the time to be a bit distracting. :o

I noticed that, too. He's a smoker, so maybe that's the issue? He tried to keep quiet. Basically, he did this as a favor to me at the last moment. There's no one at home to hold the camera. Good point, though. Thanks.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I just watched the video. When you were combing and brushing your hair, I thought it looked it like streams of liquid pearl! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us:)

I think I'll be remembering this compliment for a while. Liquid pearl...very nice image. Others wrote about a waterfall. That too was nice.

Truthfully, in the long hair world, I have somewhat short hair. I'm actually fairly short and although my hair is most of my body's length, me being so short, it doesn't measure overly long. I have friends that have truly LOOOONG hair. I'm always the short-haired chick at long hair gatherings. LOL

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 10:59 AM
A new career for you Heidi!

Very cool!

- P

I noticed the volume issue as well. I'll keep that in mind next time. Several people have commented upon this difficulty. I didn't shoot me "in" the sun because the image comes out in silhouette. However, I shot just outside of being in the sun, yet the sun was streaming in through the windows and reflecting on my hair. I wanted to be sure people could see what I'm discussing. I think overall, I met that goal.

Thank you for watching and commenting. Thank you very much.

Have a great day.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM
You have such gorgeous hair. I love how when you have it up, you can't tell how long it is, and then you let it down and it's like "WHOA! Where'd that come from?!"

Yes, this is a trait of super straight hair possessing no body. It looks like a whole lot less when coiled up. It's a magician's trick! hee-hee.

Most people at the wifi cafe have no idea how long my hair is really. Most have only seen it down at best once.

heidi w.

CariadA
March 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I really enjoyed the video. Thank you so much for sharing. I don't have ideas for future videos, but I would love to see more!

Your hair is just beautiful. It is so shiny and looks very soft.

I also found your voice very soothing.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Heidi, your video is amazing! I don't think it's too long, it's very informative, and WOW your hair is just so incredibly gorgeous! I don't think I want my hair that long, but I'd take hair that beautiful and healthy for sure!

Wonderful job, and thank you for sharing with us! :flower:

I have always held the belief that any woman can have beautiful hair, whatever the type and whatever the length. It doesn't have to be super long to be beautiful. What works for long hair works on shorter hair too.

PLUS every person has a length of comfort. As I discuss in my second video that was posted (the video sent to TLC TV) I mention that I had longer hair and cut it back to mid-calf length because it's where my hair looks its best. Much longer, to me, it looks somewhat "weedy". Thin, irregular hemline, that detracts from the rest of the hair's beauty. Why have a weed in the garden? Just pull the weed. It was hard to make that decision, but I decided, and it's paid off. I hardly ever trim now because my hair doesn't grow very much at all anymore. Maybe that'll change, but maybe it won't. So best to take care of what I've got.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Now that is hair like a waterfall. Absolutely stunning. :D

Another compliment I'll remember for a while, AND it reminds me of the "hair waterfall" shots in the video I did with Mika Rottenberg for her art video installation for The Whitney Museum. That was a beautiful image that I'll never forget. 8 feet of waterfall hair. It was absolutely beautiful and stunning and somewhat unbelievable to watch. People were gathered in front of this image the most at the art installation. It was a shot of Lady Grace's hair, which at the time was a bit over 8 feet long.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
You have thudworthy hair, heidi w. :thudpile:

I may have to try oiling my hair. Sebum alone doesn't work well enough.
Ed

That's correct, Ed. Sebum gets perhaps down the length by around 6 inches at the most I have found. AND for that to happen, one has to not wash hair for an unusually long time -- around 1.5 - 2 weeks timeframe.

Your hair is likely a bit coarser than my hair, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the benefits.

I recommend giving a hair massage with super soft hair. That's an experience. Kind of fun too.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
You have lovely hair! I really liked your video and I hope you'll be posting more.

That's the plan!!

Any subjects you want to see?

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Heidi, your video is concise, very understandable and clear. You go at a nice pace; it is not too long. Your hair is beautiful, and your treatment of it in your video(s) is reverent. A+++ 5 stars!

One of the pluses in making a video is that one is not interrupted and can complete a thought.

Most people are in a hurry and want their answer right now. It's harder to find a person patient enough to listen til the end. But a video has that benefit. Thank you.

Have a great Friday!
heidi w.

moxamoll
March 9th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I recommend giving a hair massage with super soft hair. That's an experience. Kind of fun too.

A hair massage? I can think of several things this might describe - what do you mean by it, exactly?

jel
Great video, and amazing hair! :thudpile:

Your hair is so shiny, and it seems so smooth and easy to detangle. Quite unlike my wavy texture!

I also hope to see more of your videos, maybe other updos you recommend.

heidi w.
Enjoyed the video! Lovely hair! Cant really do the updo,and I have hair thats grazing my hip?
Guess i will try when its longer. ;)

Deb

You should be able to do this, I think. Creating that first loop does take up a fair amount of length, though. Try doing the updo and when you slide the first loop off the hand, you should have a tag of length remaining, BUT you can pull on the length ponytail and pull down on it to tighten the width of the first loop, and have just enough hair left to create the second loop. You do not need to create a very big second (or first loop either) at all to get a stick through it. Try tweaking to create smaller loops. That ought to work, I think. Wish I was there to help you.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
A hair massage? I can think of several things this might describe - what do you mean by it, exactly?

It's kind of sexual in nature, but really a sensual experience. One can lie beside or sit beside someone and glide their hair across their back OR can stand over someone and glide their hair down the back. It's a sensory experience unlike any other. It's quite relaxing, and you don't need to be naked to do it or receive it. Just take the massagee's shirt or blouse off so the back's skin is exposed.

Trying to remain PG here.
heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:22 AM

It's kind of sexual in nature, but really a sensual experience. One can lie beside or sit beside someone and glide their hair across their back OR can stand over someone and glide their hair down the back. It's a sensory experience unlike any other. It's quite relaxing, and you don't need to be naked to do it or receive it. Just take the massagee's shirt or blouse off so the back's skin is exposed.

Trying to remain PG here.
heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Heidi, forgive me if I missed it in the video but how many times between shampoos do you oil your hair? I'm wondering if or how much the oil builds up on the length. I think you said you wash once weekly. Do you need to use a clarifying shampoo?

Thanks in advance!

Ahhh.... I didn't mention this in the video. I oil precisely once after the hair is air dried, and never again until after the next full hair hair wash. I might BBB a few times in between hair washes, but that's it. No, I do not have buildup nor do I need to clarify the hair to get the oil removed. I simply shampoo the hair and then condition the hair. I described my essential routine around page 9 of this thread.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM
thanks for this video Heidi, it was very helpful. you certainly don't use a lot of oil and your hair looks lovely. :)

I ACTUALLY use less than I used in this video.
heidi w.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM
OK, I believe I answered all the questions that I found, so far. PM me if anyone has further questions so I'll be sure to see and answer your question.

Thank you again for all the thumbs up responses. That was very nice to read. I will work on volume, and I have a plan that when the weather is more attractive, to video outdoors in some nicer backgrounds, and hopefully nicer clothes. When you're on a budget, you get what you get, sadly.

Anyway, I'm out for now. PM if you need anything else, and feel free to offer suggestions for future video topics/subjects.

heidi w.

dulce
March 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Can't remember if I posted it so will repeat,you have AWESOME hair!!!

Annalouise
March 9th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Also of import is how SLOWLY and patiently I detangled. I took my time. I was not in a hurry. That's an area that I did not comment upon, but decided that people hopefully noticed nevertheless.

heidi w.

I noticed that. It made an impression on me how patient you were. Good teaching by example!

Cleopatra18
March 9th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Hey Heidi, loved the video and your hair is so drool-worthy lol. Thanks really for that updo at the end but do you think it would be suitable for wsl-hippish length hair? I have been doing a cinnamon bun for the past year + only since I cut my hair. I hope you could do more videos on easy updos like that, it would be super helpful. Oh and also just a suggestion, I don't know if you're planning your channel to be strictly hair care and stuff but you always gave some really good advice on the friendship boards, so I think it would be nice if you do videos like that as well, you know general life talk and such. anyway, I already subbed and will be waiting for your new videos!

Annalouise
March 9th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I have always held the belief that any woman can have beautiful hair, whatever the type and whatever the length. It doesn't have to be super long to be beautiful. What works for long hair works on shorter hair too.

PLUS every person has a length of comfort. As I discuss in my second video that was posted (the video sent to TLC TV) I mention that I had longer hair and cut it back to mid-calf length because it's where my hair looks its best. Much longer, to me, it looks somewhat "weedy". Thin, irregular hemline, that detracts from the rest of the hair's beauty. Why have a weed in the garden? Just pull the weed. It was hard to make that decision, but I decided, and it's paid off. I hardly ever trim now because my hair doesn't grow very much at all anymore. Maybe that'll change, but maybe it won't. So best to take care of what I've got.

heidi w.

I think you made the right decision to cut off the weeds. I noticed that your ends were healthy and it contributes to the overall effect. When I see healthy long hair that ends in "weeds" it always detracts from the overall hair and I want to even up the ends.:D Probably most people are like that. We want the hair to be visually pleasing from the scalp to the ends.

allycat
March 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks for replying to my question, Heidi. I hope I can get hair as healthy-looking and shiny as yours one day!

ladyshep
March 9th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I tried the updo. I think I have tried this one before, but it never wants to stay up. I get it so tight, but it just wants to fall out for some reason. :( I also tried it lower so I could get a better anchor for the weight of it, but to no avail.......

Annalouise
March 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
That's correct, Ed. Sebum gets perhaps down the length by around 6 inches at the most I have found. AND for that to happen, one has to not wash hair for an unusually long time -- around 1.5 - 2 weeks timeframe.

.....heidi w.

I did not know that. Thanks.

And thanks for telling me your routine.

lapushka
March 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Yikes. I tried to see the video again. What happened to it? :(

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Yikes. I tried to see the video again. What happened to it? :(

I know. Someone PM'd me and said it was gone, and I went and discovered it gone. I have no idea what the problem is. None whatsoever.

Trying to figure it out.
heidi w.

Fairlight63
March 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM
WOW! That is weird! I just rewatched it a few min. ago, now it is gone :(
I really liked the video & rewatched it to see how to do the bun again.
Thank you for the video Heidi! You did a great job! I did the bun that you showed & used a hair stick that I have not been able to accomplish before.

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 12:23 PM
HELP! How do I contact youtube folks to help me?

The video now says the video was removed by the user, but I did not remove it, so I need help locating it and what happened. Anyone have an email for youtube? There doesn't seem to be one readily available.

heidi w.

lapushka
March 9th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I have no idea. Maybe someone else knows about how to contact YT. What about just trying to re-upload the video first, to see what happens?

FrozenBritannia
March 9th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Can you access your user page and view the things you have uploaded ? I think if it has been removed it would still be there, and then you could just re access it maybe?

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I am thinking that I accidentally loaded under TLC account somehow, and maybe it's them who removed it. I have emailed them asking if I screwed up. I am hesitant to double post.

heidi w.

FrozenBritannia
March 9th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I am thinking that I accidentally loaded under TLC account somehow, and maybe it's them who removed it. I have emailed them asking if I screwed up. I am hesitant to double post.

heidi w.

Did they set up the you tube account or did you? If they did, it is theirs, and you should create a new one that only you have the password for and post lots of videos for us to watch *innocent*

if you created it they should not have a password for it, and they would not be ale to remove it.

melusine963
March 9th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Boo. It's still processing and now I have to go to bed. I'll look forward to seeing this in the morning!

heidi w.
March 9th, 2012, 02:09 PM
The new re-posted link is in the first thread under ETA4.
The wifi cafe is closing so I have to pack up and I won't have internet again until Monday.

Let's hope it all loads well enough without my help. It's still "processing".

heidi w.

lapushka
March 9th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Yep. It's back up! :)

lapushka
March 9th, 2012, 02:34 PM
BTW, I'd love to see some kind of SD related video in the future (as you asked for suggestions). :) I struggle with this myself sometimes (not all the time, thankfully, but I get these bouts of it).

Beatnik Guy
March 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Always good to see you and your hair, Heidi. :D

long&blonde
March 9th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I used the link in the middle of your post, and watched your video!
Very informative: I have been oiling: with no idea what I should be doing.
The updo is beautiful, and the instructions very clear and super helpful.
Great to see such a secure updo, with such beautifully long thick hair: using only two hair sticks.
Alex the photographer's wave to the audience was very cute.
You looked lovely. Very pretty classic blouse.

SwordWomanRiona
March 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM
It was amazing to watch your hair in action - so long, healthy and what a great hemline you have! :)

Valorie
March 9th, 2012, 04:13 PM
That was a great instructional video (now I will try less oil than normal). You have my dream hair! Thank you so much for sharing the tips:)

AnqeIicDemise
March 9th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I am so glad I was able to view it. I had all sorts of horrific ideas as to why Heidi'd have to remove the video. From a stalker to .. I don't know. I don't want to go there. I've been in a crappy mood all day.

But the video made me feel better. I like the up do!

berr
March 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Awesome video. I really like how neat the ends of your hair look. I'm going to try that method and see if I can improve my thickness at the ends. Lovely lovely lovely.

Thanks so much. I've seen that bun done before but people go through it so fast that I was afraid I'd knot my hair when pulling it through. I just did it with my sleep tail and it felt a bit more relaxed.

Maelyssa
March 9th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Great video Heidi...thanks for sharing!

Teazel
March 9th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Heidi, your hair is just beautiful, it's like a fall of silk. :crush: You're obviously a hair-care guru! Thank you for the video. I'm interested to see how you detangle with short strokes; I've always used long ones, I'll have to try it your way and see how I get on. :)

Congratulations on your weight loss, too. Oh, and I like your accent!

irisheyes
March 9th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Thank you for the video. Your hair is lovely.

Snippety
March 10th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Just got some time alone to watch this Heidi - fantastic. Thank you :)

summergreen
March 10th, 2012, 06:30 AM
That's a great video, really informative - and I agree with othala, it was very calming and relaxing to watch as well!

And your hair...it is just so, so beautiful!!

heidi w.
March 10th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Thank you for all the positive comments. Really nice to read. I'm glad the video is helping some people out.

I should explain that my hair type doesn't need A LOT of oil. But differnt textures such as hair that is coarser or more wavy-curly might need a bit more. It's easy to add more, much harder to take too much off. So easy does it. Just an FYI.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM
BTW, I'd love to see some kind of SD related video in the future (as you asked for suggestions). :) I struggle with this myself sometimes (not all the time, thankfully, but I get these bouts of it).

Noted. Thank you!
heidi w.

Vanilla
March 10th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Thank you for demonstrating this, I really appreciate it! I really like your detangling method. :)

1nuitblanche
March 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Thank you for the video, Heidi! Your hair is so pretty. I like the updo too!

Safira
March 10th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I love this video. You have so beautiful hair, thank you for loading this video to YouTube.

eresh
March 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Great video Heidi!

Metallia
March 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the video Heidi! Your hair is lovely. I might try that up-do sometime when my hair is acting 'straighter'. It's usually too curly right after washing to lie so smoothly. :)

irishlady
March 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks for sharing the video Heidi :)...you and your hair are so pretty!

Autumn
March 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Heidi- Thanks for posting the video! My hair is getting close to fingertip length and I was starting to get concerned about how I would manage it when it grows past my reach. :) You made managing very long hair look easy. I feel more confident that I could manage my own hair if it got that long. You gave me some ideas for detangling techniques also.

I wish more people would post similar videos! I like to see the basic detangling/updo ritual because it seems like each person does it a bit differently. Its fun to learn new techniques to try.

MagicAndMayhem
March 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Wow Heidi, great video. This is enough to make me go buy a jar of coconut oil. :p The shine you have is amazing, wow.

Lady Neeva
March 10th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I know now how to properly oil my hair! (The video wasn't at all bad. At least it didn't start shaking around like a earthquake.)

Unicorn
March 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I loved the video and it's lovely to put a face & voiceto your posts.

Unicorn

ludwig20
March 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Thank you for sharing the video, Heidy! Your hair is such an inspiration.

Becky9679
March 11th, 2012, 10:21 AM
What a wonderful video! It's nice to see what you look like in person after reading your posts for so long :)

Your hair is stunningly beautiful, even before you started oiling it was so shiny but after you started oiling I was like :thud: Bit of a cliche but it truly is like silk! I really think I should start oiling more often, especially now my hair is getting into what I would class as 'sorta long' territory. And not for the first time I'm thinking I should invest in a vegan friendly BBB.

Also the gentleness you use for detangling makes me ashamed, even though I thought I was being gentle before! I may need to revise my methods for this as well...

heidi w.
March 11th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Heidi, your hair is just beautiful, it's like a fall of silk. :crush: You're obviously a hair-care guru! Thank you for the video. I'm interested to see how you detangle with short strokes; I've always used long ones, I'll have to try it your way and see how I get on. :)

Congratulations on your weight loss, too. Oh, and I like your accent!

Weight loss is an accident and outcome of poverty and not really being able to afford a whole lot of food right now.

Accent? That's news to me. Although I suppose if one is say, from the South of the USA, it might sound as though I have an accent. I had a teacher once tell me that I had great pronunciation, and then later told me I had a "California" accent. Just glad people understand what I'm sayin' most of the time. Funny. Accent.

Be well. Thanks for watching the video, and hope it is helpful to you somehow.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I know now how to properly oil my hair! (The video wasn't at all bad. At least it didn't start shaking around like a earthquake.)

And incite comments along the lines, "Did the Earth move for you?"

Bwaaahahahhahahhahahaaaa!

heidi w.

harpgal
March 11th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Thank you so much, Heidi. I loved your video! You were the first person to teach me about the value of coconut oil and I use it every day.:)

Beckstar
March 11th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Thank you, thank you! It reminded how much my hair loves coconut oil. I can't figure out why I stopped using it. I oversaturated my hair last night with 1/2 and have my silk bonnet on. I will be cowashing later today. I was able to finger detangle my whole head with ease. It'll make wash and combing (with conditioner) much easier. Did I say thank you?

Teazel
March 11th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Accent? That's news to me. Although I suppose if one is say, from the South of the USA, it might sound as though I have an accent. I had a teacher once tell me that I had great pronunciation, and then later told me I had a "California" accent. Just glad people understand what I'm sayin' most of the time. Funny. Accent.

To me, since I'm from New Zealand, all Americans have accents. Yours is a nice one. :)

CherrySilver
March 11th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks for putting up the video, Heidi. You and your hair are absolutely beautiful! It was funny when you were combing your hair out because I picked up my comb and started detangling, too! It really helped to see your step-by-step instructions -- I've read these instructions before, but actually seeing it made all the difference for someone who's all thumbs like me.

Eirelin
March 14th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I watched the video and certainly cannot add anything to all the compliments made here. Silk, liquid pearl, waterfall; all the superlatives are right.

My hair is about 2 inches above waist :( , so I did not think I would be able to do the updo, but amazingly enough, it worked! I tried it first with a hair stick, but since my hair sticks are actually thick glass drink stirrers, it was rather longer than I like for and up-and-down position (sticking out the top of my head or poking me in the back of the neck). I then decided to try one of the fancy beak clips I got myself for Christmas. The back jaw is smooth, so I pushed it in exactly like a hair stick and then let it close gently.

This was my first try, a couple of days ago. A little sloppy: http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/Eirelin/Hair/th_03-12-2012_Heidi-Bun_first-try.jpg

Today's version; at this point, it has been up for about 6 hours (put up quickly in the car at a red light). http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/Eirelin/Hair/th_03-14-2012_Heidi-Bun_second-try.jpg

heidi w.
March 15th, 2012, 10:48 AM
To me, since I'm from New Zealand, all Americans have accents. Yours is a nice one. :)

Ooooh, now I get it !!!
LOL

Thank you very much.
heidi w.

heidi w.
March 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I watched the video and certainly cannot add anything to all the compliments made here. Silk, liquid pearl, waterfall; all the superlatives are right.

My hair is about 2 inches above waist :( , so I did not think I would be able to do the updo, but amazingly enough, it worked! I tried it first with a hair stick, but since my hair sticks are actually thick glass drink stirrers, it was rather longer than I like for and up-and-down position (sticking out the top of my head or poking me in the back of the neck). I then decided to try one of the fancy beak clips I got myself for Christmas. The back jaw is smooth, so I pushed it in exactly like a hair stick and then let it close gently.

This was my first try, a couple of days ago. A little sloppy: http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/Eirelin/Hair/th_03-12-2012_Heidi-Bun_first-try.jpg

Today's version; at this point, it has been up for about 6 hours (put up quickly in the car at a red light). http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/Eirelin/Hair/th_03-14-2012_Heidi-Bun_second-try.jpg

That's one of the reasons I like this updo. It's easy to do in any setting, whether it's fancy or you need a quick solution for getting the hair out of the way. You can do this with detangled or non-detangled hair. Just about anything that can function as a stick. It's a great updo with lots of applications.

Pretty clips and nice updo!!

Thank you for posting.
heidi w.

HairStickler
March 15th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Thank you, heidi w., for the great video. I really learned a lot of tips from you, and I really like the bun. I have done it with one hairstick and also with an XL flexi-8. It holds really well, looks balanced, and when I let it down it is totally detangled, just as you said. Thank you! :blossom:

Melisande
March 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
You are a born teacher. You have a very serene air around you, it's really like meditation watching you comb, oil and brush that beautiful shiney waterfall of hair. You explain very well and with the optimism typical for the good teacher - you know that you will be understood. And what a lovely smile you have.

I'm really looking forward now to a series of videos. I admit I'm also very curious to see your house and dog ;-) not only your hair techniques and styles. You are a special person and I imagine that your surroundings are special, too.

Yes, you should write a book or a column. Wouldn't your local or state newspaper print a column of natural hair and beauty tips from your fountain of wisdom? You give such good advice so generously. I feel that karma is deeply in your debt!

Narya
March 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I had tried to watch the video some days ago, around when you uploaded it, but only found the link to the deleted version and no update yet, so I could not. Today I've found this thread and I am left speechless.

Your signature picture is certainly amazing, but seeing it in movement fills me even more with awe. Such a shine, such a "fluidness"... Your hair is beautiful in itself, and the way you handle it, so gently but yet purposely, makes it even more so. It's like you knew the right way to move it to make it look the best (like knowing the right angle in photographs... I hope you understand what I mean).
Your voice and the way you explain everything are very clear, too, so it all adds to make a truly amazing video.

Just wow.

Falcore
March 18th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Heidi - my my your hair is absolutely stunningly silky. Very beautiful!

heidi w.
March 19th, 2012, 12:08 PM
You are a born teacher. You have a very serene air around you, it's really like meditation watching you comb, oil and brush that beautiful shiney waterfall of hair. You explain very well and with the optimism typical for the good teacher - you know that you will be understood. And what a lovely smile you have.

I'm really looking forward now to a series of videos. I admit I'm also very curious to see your house and dog ;-) not only your hair techniques and styles. You are a special person and I imagine that your surroundings are special, too.

Yes, you should write a book or a column. Wouldn't your local or state newspaper print a column of natural hair and beauty tips from your fountain of wisdom? You give such good advice so generously. I feel that karma is deeply in your debt!

Most people's eyes glaze over if I talk about hair. It's so noninteresting to the locals. I can't imagine anyone wanting to read a paper column about it. Long hair doesn't really pay.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 19th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I had tried to watch the video some days ago, around when you uploaded it, but only found the link to the deleted version and no update yet, so I could not. Today I've found this thread and I am left speechless.

Your signature picture is certainly amazing, but seeing it in movement fills me even more with awe. Such a shine, such a "fluidness"... Your hair is beautiful in itself, and the way you handle it, so gently but yet purposely, makes it even more so. It's like you knew the right way to move it to make it look the best (like knowing the right angle in photographs... I hope you understand what I mean).
Your voice and the way you explain everything are very clear, too, so it all adds to make a truly amazing video.

Just wow.

Thankyou!!

heidi w.

elbow chic
March 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Heidi, you really do have a wonderful, calm voice and manner, and your hair is of course beautiful too. Thanks for making and posting that.

heidi w.
March 20th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I've been told in the past mostly negative things regarding my voice:

it's low
I speak like a lawyer (really?!)
I yell at people (I have had a somewhat loud voice and have had to learn to not yell, as people perceive it)

So there's several of you that have commented that my voice is somehow pleasant or calming.....

Thank you very much!
heidi w.

bunzfan
March 20th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I love your video you really taught me a lot and i love how you oiled your hair and showed the correct way to brush your hair with a bb brush when ever you or Madora explained it i wasn't completely sure how to do it.

Your hair is totally inspiring and i hope you will continue to make more video's.

woodlandnymph
March 20th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Heidi, thank you so much for sharing your video. Your hair is stunning, and with your tutorial you've encouraged me to try using my BBB again. :D

joflakes
March 20th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I have been meaning to view this for a while now. It's wonderful!
I'm with the people who say that you have a lovely calming voice...you should make an audiobook or something. I was more relaxed after watching it! I think it's the combination of that and the way that your hair flows when it is being detangled.
Wow is all I can say and thank you for making it.
I hope that when my hair is at goal length it is even half as good as yours is!

duchesswannabe
March 21st, 2012, 04:48 AM
I found your presentations calming and your voice normal. My hearing is maybe not 100% but I didn't have a problem understanding you. I especially loved how your called doing your hair with your glasses on "a pain in the patoot," and then you gave a Cheshire cat smile to the camera. I found the oiling sequence helpful (encouraged me to try some oiling again).

sazzie88
March 21st, 2012, 08:43 AM
Wow Heidi Your hair is wonderfull! Do you plan on creating anymore videos? I think like Melisande said you are definatly a born teacher, you are a great inspriation :)

heidi w.
March 21st, 2012, 10:23 AM
Sazzie88, Yes, I am planning some more videos. I thought I might do something with updos, something brief regarding cleaning hair tools, and a video on my hair comb collection (antique stuff). That's all I've got so far. Everyone says I'm a born teacher, but so far, I'm not allowed to teach officially!! Gotta have a degree, education and license for that.

heidi w.

Elenna
May 7th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Thank you for the video. Your presentation was so clear and easy to understand.

I'm in awe of your beautiful hair. Sometimes, we need a real hair guru! Who'd thought that brushing the hair would result in such shine and softness.

Velvettt
May 9th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Heidi, this is the first time I've seen your hair so clearly. It's gorgeous.

heidi w.
May 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Thank you for the video. Your presentation was so clear and easy to understand.

I'm in awe of your beautiful hair. Sometimes, we need a real hair guru! Who'd thought that brushing the hair would result in such shine and softness.

For clarification, I do not brush my hair for the most part. Only when I oil my hair do I Boar Bristle Brush, but then my hair is already pretangled. I hope you meant BBBing, and not detangling with a brush, which I would not recommend for most hair types.

heidi w.

heidi w.
May 9th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Heidi, this is the first time I've seen your hair so clearly. It's gorgeous.

Thank you. My hair album has a full back view of my hair completely down, if anyone may be interested.

I also show a picture of how short my hair was when I began, which proves that you too can grow from a really short layered hair cut. It just takes time and a lot of patience and willingness to learn and tweak as one goes along.

heidi w.

Elenna
May 10th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Heidi, I wouldn't detangle with a brush either. But I thought you brushed your hair all the time. But you only brush when oiling your hair, so that's kind of different from what I expected.

meishkamooshka
May 10th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Thank you for sharing this video. I'm totally inspired. Such lovely hair. :)

WinterDream
May 10th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Excellent, thank you for posting!

Not only you have stunning hair, but also a patient, clear, no-nonsense way of explaining what you do. Very helpful :)

Misty'sMess
May 10th, 2012, 04:03 AM
This is a great video. I already have my own methods but it is great to see someone else. I'm going to try your hair care steps for a few days just to see how they work for me. Thanks for the inspiration

Misty'sMess
May 10th, 2012, 04:05 AM
p.s I love how you know your hair's personality. You can tell it is heavier with the oil, even though you have only used a little bit. You seem very in touch with your body. I'm only just beginning to listen to my hair :)

AnnaJamila
May 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Oh Heidi, your hair is so lovely!!! :crush: Thank you for that video- I'd been forcing myself to brush with my head upside down but if you don't and still have those kinds of results I think I'm ok!

It's so strange to see an online entity move and talk- I had a pretty acurate picture of you in my head, though I didn't picture your speaking voice being so calm and measured!