PDA

View Full Version : SD and season changes

bna_rapunzel
March 8th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I have mild SD, or cradle cap, if you will, and it only flares up during harsh weather/season changes. I'm in AZ, and we were starting to warm up very nicely. Out of nowhere, we got hit with a cold front (yes, its cold to us. When youre accustomed to 100•+ weather, 40• is cold) and my scalp is not happy. I have a couple little spots of SD (I only know they're there because I've gone searching for the source of the discomfort and, voila!) and I'm itchy:( it levels out with 2 or so weeks of normal steady weather but man... This is annoying. Im just venting. Anyone else have a temperamental seasonal scalp? Oh if you do have SD application of coconut oil to the affected area helps. But when you're at work for 11 hours you just want to vent. So I'm venting. :) can anyone relate? Or am i just crazy? 0_o

ranaenelcomal
March 8th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Well about 3 or so months ago, I started getting this intense itching on my head. It usually gets better after I take a shower (I shower every 2 days or so). I don't think I've done anything different with my hair; I don't use chemical dyes, no oiling, no changes in my showering routine. I do cycle everyday, but I've done so for the past 2 years so I don't see why my scalp would start itching now.

I'm thinking it might be a weather-related thing, so I'm waiting for the heat to pick up and take it from there.

I keep thinking oiling the scalp would be good, though.