PDA

View Full Version : No growth?

Teufelchen
March 8th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Hi,
I am growning my hair now for nearly 3 years and documented it well.
Now my hair seemed to have no growth at all since beginning of February.
My shedding is very low, around 5-10 hairs a day, usually around 50 hairs.
I dye my hair and I did 4 weeks ago and I see no roots. :confused: Which really worries me. Usually my hair growth about 1.5 to 2cm per month.

Does anybody have an idea what could cause that?

Any hints are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help

Avital88
March 8th, 2012, 04:31 AM
have u experienced more stress lately? change in diet?
This are actually the only things i can think off that would cause no growth,or things im familiar with.
Have you tried scalpmassages or taking multivitamin supplements?

Bagginslover
March 8th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Is it winter where you are? I've read that some people experience growth stalls in colder weather.

Teufelchen
March 8th, 2012, 04:38 AM
I had some stress, but not more than last year.
I take my MaxiHair every day, and haven't changed my diet, which is rather healthy.

I tried scalp massages, but not consistent enough yet. It gets my hair oily much quicker, so I do it before washing only and then I tend to forget.:oops:

It is winter here, but mild and I never experienced that before.

gabee
March 8th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I don't know about you, but I always find that I'll have no roots for a few weeks, and then my hair grows out all out once! A few days ago I had no roots from my henndigo a few weeks ago, and today I have a few millimeters growth. Sometimes I'll have no growth and then my hair grows an inch in a week!

So I think growth isn't always constant, it goes up and down. I have very irregular growth.

Teufelchen
March 8th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Hm, I never have experienced that before, usually I see my grays in my dark brown hair quite quickly, ( roughly a week after dyeing), but maybe it is really just growing irregular.:shrug:
But is was growing slow in Jan already. :confused:

Hairizona
March 8th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Last year my hair grew less following a year of stress. This year it seems to be working itself back to normal growth for me. My hair grows in spurts; more some months than others, but at the end of the year it attains average growth in length. I am sure this is temporary for you!

arc691
March 8th, 2012, 05:38 AM
I think that's probably a normal occurrence for a lot of people. Sometimes my hair seems to stall out, too. I wouldn't worry too much about it...

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/andrearcolson/For%20Pinterest/rapunzel-long-hair25_48861208.jpg

Teufelchen
March 8th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Thank you all :grouphug: Maybe I am really just worrying to much.

Amber_Maiden
March 8th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Patience patience... It's probably still growing, though I suppose you could have hit terminal length at 42"... not likely though. Just give it some time! :)

Teufelchen
March 8th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Well. would't I see growth ( greys growing out further) but no increasing length if I reached terminal?

Viscountess
March 8th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Growth stalls happen to all of us. I've had a very stressful year and I'v barely grown two inches over a year plus I had a massive shed that thinned my hair out considerably.

These things happen. Patience is the key.

You would see growth of greys coming in until your terminal end (death).

Oksana
March 8th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I have had exactly the same. I have tracked my growth for the last two years and have never had a month when I haven't had any growth, until this February.

I have been under a lot of stress at work and probably not looking after myself very well. Hopefully i will see growth in the next couple of months :)

Teufelchen
March 8th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Viscountess, that made me think it is not terminal length, but a stall. :wink:

Oksana, :grouphug: so I am not alone with it.

Thank you for all your help :grouphug: