PDA

View Full Version : How exactly do you hairtype???? Help!!!

kittengirl
March 7th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I have no idea how to hairtype, and also no way to upload a picture at this time. I was wondering if anyone can help me base on description. I know it's a lot to ask, but here goes: my ponytail is about 4 1/2 inches, my hair is shoulder length and layered (slowing and frustratingly making its way to all one length and tbl) wavy and with the front hairs in loose soft ringlets after washing, with soft relaxed waves after brushing. I've always been told my hair was very thick, if that helps (I'm not sure if my pony circ. is thick or not) and one I hairdresser told me my hair was like a brillo pad. Some of my hairs are very thick and coarse, others are a bit thinner. I'm not sure if this helps at all. Sorry to be so confusing.:o

Vanille_
March 7th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Here is an article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=227) on hair typing instructions with pictures. I hope this helps. I wouldn't be confident in advising you without any pictures. Good luck!

kittengirl
March 7th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Here is an article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=227) on hair typing instructions with pictures. I hope this helps. I wouldn't be confident in advising you without any pictures. Good luck!

Thank you SO much! That is so helpful! I got it figured out! Thank you again very much!!:D

torrilin
March 8th, 2012, 06:32 PM
From your description of "soft, relaxed waves" and "ringlets", there's no way I'd choose 1c. That means your hair is basically straight, but you can sometimes get the wave to show. If I go to a lot of trouble using my best possible curly hair care techniques, I can get 4-5 wavelengths to show in my hair at elbow length. On rare occasions, the baby hairs along my hairline will form the most delicate possible corkscrew wisps... but ringlets? No way!

If you're getting actual ringlets, you're most likely a 2 of some sort, possibly a 3.

kittengirl
March 8th, 2012, 08:21 PM
From your description of "soft, relaxed waves" and "ringlets", there's no way I'd choose 1c. That means your hair is basically straight, but you can sometimes get the wave to show. If I go to a lot of trouble using my best possible curly hair care techniques, I can get 4-5 wavelengths to show in my hair at elbow length. On rare occasions, the baby hairs along my hairline will form the most delicate possible corkscrew wisps... but ringlets? No way!

If you're getting actual ringlets, you're most likely a 2 of some sort, possibly a 3.

Well, the ringlets are only when it is wetish. When it dries it straigtens out. I looked at the pictures on the comparison chart and 1c looked the most like my hair. Once I get home from college I'll try to put some pictures up. I don't have the facilities to upload pics in my dorm. :rolleyes:

Beckstar
March 8th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Did you let your hair dry product free? That will give you a way to see your true hair type. Just wash and let dry.

xXfaitheyx
March 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM
i know there is a link somewhere here :confused: