PDA

View Full Version : So now that I've got time and a working computer...

Nedertane
March 7th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I'd like to post my hair pictures and a rant for you guys. Calm down, I know you're excited. :p

The pictures thus far here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9945 are from when I managed to get some nice bunwaves, but did not manage to take particularly decent photos.

That said, here's my rant: My hair isn't perfect, but things could be a lot worse. What bugs me, though, is that it usually feels really nice and soft (unless it's a day where I'e done a "heavy" wash), and it has a decent shine to it. Again, nothing miraculous, but gosh darnit, sometimes those hairs *glimmer*! But I still have so many splits and white dots. Maybe they're not all that bad, especially since I think the amount I tend to get is at least partly due to my fine hair type. But I also know that it's due to left over damage from my hot, hot blowdryer days, and that depresses me a bit. BUT, and this is big but, I've gotten like one, maybe two splits on my longest layer bits since my last haircut about 2 months ago. SO there's some hope, eh?

Also, am I at waist YET? :confused:

LittleOrca
March 7th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Hair pictures?! Rant?! *runs around like a wiener dog on a sugar high.* Weee!!!

*reads the post.*

LittleOrca
March 7th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Yes, there is always hope. my hair was a golden mess of damage. I could have taken the route of Igor and shaved myself bald or even cut off all the gold damage after a while and let the brown grow down, but I enjoy my hair and gosh darn it, it's mine. Will I get to my goal? Eventually. Would I get there faster if I cut it? No, so why not just enjoy the ride. :) ... er.. grow.

As for your pictures, I think your hair looks lovely. You are -almost- waist. It's that limbo between BSL and Waist... but I do not think anyone would mind if you called yourself waist length. ;)

Nedertane
March 7th, 2012, 10:54 PM
As for your pictures, I think your hair looks lovely. You are -almost- waist. It's that limbo between BSL and Waist... but I do not think anyone would mind if you called yourself waist length. ;)

Aw, thanks! Plus, I only plan on growing to about hip, so hopefully this task won't be so hard. (^^")

MonaLisa
March 8th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I'd say you're almost waist too :)
Lovely golden hair!
You will definitely see things improving, with proper care, I promise you :)
I also have very fine hair, and much splits, try S&D once or twice a month, microtrim, and don't obssess much about it :)

Madora
March 8th, 2012, 09:41 AM
@Nedertane...

I'd say just skimming waist. Your hair is a lovely color.

Re: splits and white dots. These are usually an indicator that your hair is dry and needs moisture.

Here's a link to Ktani's article on mineral oil and how it can keep your hair moisturized:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=225

You may also want to check out her catnip article and how it can help fight splits. It's up in the Articles section (grey menu bar), under Hair Care.

Nedertane
March 8th, 2012, 11:20 AM
@Nedertane...

I'd say just skimming waist. Your hair is a lovely color.

Re: splits and white dots. These are usually an indicator that your hair is dry and needs moisture.

Here's a link to Ktani's article on mineral oil and how it can keep your hair moisturized:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=225

You may also want to check out her catnip article and how it can help fight splits. It's up in the Articles section (grey menu bar), under Hair Care.

Firstly, thank you for the compliment. I will admit though, that color is only partly natural. I am a recovering highlighter, but the highlights are just barely any different than my natural color (which is great, since I'm growing them out).

So, secondly, then, is baby oil pretty much the only way I can get mineral oil? I'm sure this sounds stupid, but I legit thought my Vitamin E oil was acting in a similar manner. If that's the case, that's fine, I just want to know my options about how/where I can actually get it.

I'll see if I can't look into catnip... I just hope my cats won't be attracted to any scent it might leave lol.

gthlvrmx
March 8th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Maybe waist stretched when wet? But when left alone close to waist! Congratulations!

leslissocool
March 8th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Whaaaat? My hair was way worse than yours when I came here. Your hair is actually really, really nice! I love it, I really love the texture of it, I can't wait to see it when it's fully healthy :cheese:.

I think you are just skimming waist. It'll be there very soon!

Nedertane
March 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Maybe waist stretched when wet? But when left alone close to waist! Congratulations!

Well, I don't think I'd need to stretch it lol. As I mentioned before, those pictures are of my hair after some bunwaves. My natural texture is nearly pin straight, and even then, those only made my hair look like 1c hair. :)

Nedertane
March 8th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Whaaaat? My hair was way worse than yours when I came here. Your hair is actually really, really nice! I love it, I really love the texture of it, I can't wait to see it when it's fully healthy :cheese:.

I think you are just skimming waist. It'll be there very soon!

Thanks, Les. ^^' you have a really gorgeous crop for yourself!

1nuitblanche
March 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Your hair is such a pretty colour! It looks like it is almost at waist.

Alvrodul
March 8th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Lovely color! And IMO you aren't quite at waist yet, but it isn't far to go. :)
As for old damage - been there, got the T-shirt. For me, it was old dye damage. I got rid of the last of that last year, and my hair is much happier. There is still some mechanical damage on my length, but it is a far cry from the dye-damaged ends.
Only patience will rid you of that sort of things, but there are things you can do do improve things somewhat - SMTs have been mentioned, I would also suggest experimenting with oil, and possibly also try cassia. You will have to try out things and see what works for you. :)

Nedertane
March 11th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Decided to be a complete narcissist and reanimate this thread to show my real texture/hair type:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9945&pictureid=128559

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9945&pictureid=128558

MY RATTY ENDS. LET ME SHOW YOU THEM. :D