PDA

View Full Version : Vagifem and Hair loss - uggggg

Silverbrumby
March 6th, 2012, 11:03 PM
TMI time.

I'm approaching my late 40's and started using Vagifem for 'dryness' in a certain area. Well it worked I think. Started in December 2010 which is about 14 months ago but not continous. Well I had noticed an increase in shedding but thought it might be due to my thyroid, mid life stuff. Now I found this information and wanted to share in case anyone else is taking it.

I might be barking up the wrong tree on the hair shedding but I think it was worse over the last 14 months. I would be soooooo happy if when I stop taking this the shedding decreases. I won't know for a while as hair, while it grows, grows slowly. Will keep an eye on the shedding going forward and maybe report back.

From the website

..Vagifem

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Vagifem:

Breast pain or tenderness; diarrhea; hair loss; headache; mild nausea or vomiting; spotting or breakthrough bleeding; stomach cramps or bloating.

mneh
March 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM
TMI time.

I'm approaching my late 40's and started using Vagifem for 'dryness' in a certain area. Well it worked I think. Started in December 2010 which is about 14 months ago but not continous. Well I had noticed an increase in shedding but thought it might be due to my thyroid, mid life stuff. Now I found this information and wanted to share in case anyone else is taking it.

I might be barking up the wrong tree on the hair shedding but I think it was worse over the last 14 months. I would be soooooo happy if when I stop taking this the shedding decreases. I won't know for a while as hair, while it grows, grows slowly. Will keep an eye on the shedding going forward and maybe report back.

From the website

..Vagifem

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Vagifem:

Breast pain or tenderness; diarrhea; hair loss; headache; mild nausea or vomiting; spotting or breakthrough bleeding; stomach cramps or bloating.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this reaction to the product you're using for dryness. Maybe if you could find a more natural product to use, such as this range: http://www.multi-gyn.co.uk/ I use their actigel product to prevent thrush and find it very gentle/effective. Could you use something like virgin coconut oil or pure aloe vera gel in place of vagifem? You could buy a syringe to use as an applicator.