PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a crescent moon shaped stick? Im having trouble with mine!

Blackfire
March 6th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I just got my Crescent from Omi-crafts and feel very pleased with the quality and love the feel of it! Ive just been holding it while Im sitting around actually, BUT.... I cant get it to stay in my hair for the life of me! Ive tried it with a lazy wrap and its just too thick.... I cinnabun works.... but it looks kinda funny. Did a french roll and made it so the tips poke out of one side of the roll and that ALMOST worked but wasnt stable enough to go to work with.... :(

anyone have this type of stick and have any suggestions on how to use it with APL hair???;)

irisheyes
March 7th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I have one of these sticks also. I can't get it to hold any of my buns. All I can do is make a bun secured with pins, and then push the crescent through the back of the bun as a decoration. Any other method just looks dumb or doesn't work! My hair is below waist length.

Rosethorn
March 7th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I've got one but it's from RavensCroft and not Omni-crafts. It seems to be basically the same except mine might be a bit fatter towards the middle? It's hard to say without holding one of each and comparing them. Anyway, this toy can be difficult to use, for me. I've got fine hip length hair. I usually do a tight-ish cinna-bun and sort of stitch the crescent in from one side to another. When I can get it to stay, I really like it. I think it'll be a better toy for me when I've got longer hair.

pepperminttea
March 7th, 2012, 01:42 PM
The Omicrafts crescent is a rip off of the RavensCroft moon, but if it helps, Torrin has a great video with an original moon here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmtiiEoBmLc). :)

terpentyna
March 7th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I have a pic in my album of my RavensCroft moon that's holding up a hypno bun. What's omnicrafts??