View Full Version : Left a bag of new hair things on the bus...

Mairéad
March 6th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I feel so blue right now :(

I had just received two packages of hair products (raw honey, aloe juice, and a detangling spray from iHerb) and I was really, really SUPER excited to get home and use them; especially since my hair was in the most insane need of an SMT and a good detangling. I opened the packages at my house and put them in an overnight bag so I could use them at DBFs at the end of the day for a pampering/study bash. I had also put my favorite sun hat in there since I'm going to Florida in a few days.

It wasn't until I got up into his room that my heart sank that I realized I had left the bag on the bus. I feel really silly being so careless with my things and my hair is still currently in a state of suck since I didn't get to do my SMT.

The bright side is I'm optimistic that I'll be able to find my bag at the lost and found. I live in a small college town and most of us are pretty well-doing people. Not to mention, even if someone on the bus WAS a thief, I'm hoping that the fact that my belongings are likely useless to that person that they left it there.

If I don't get the bag back I'll have to repurchase the the hair products. (I REALLY wanted that detangling spray!)The true loss will be the sun hat though. I was quite fond of it and I don't know where in the middle of bone cold Indiana I'm going to find a new one before I go to sunny Florida.

annamoonfairy
March 6th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I am sorry : ( I hate it when this happens.

jacqueline101
March 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry you lost your stuff on the bus. I hate when that happens.

FrozenBritannia
March 6th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I lost a necklace on the bus once. I heard it fall out, but couldn't find it. :(

Lady Neeva
March 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
For the sun hat, is there any way you can knit one? (I would run around in circles if I misplaced something. It's usual...)

Mairéad
March 6th, 2012, 09:11 PM
For the sun hat, is there any way you can knit one? (I would run around in circles if I misplaced something. It's usual...)

Oh no, I can barely sew buttons back on. :doh:
If the hat is gone forever, I'm betting on them being rather easy to find in Florida.

Toiréasa
March 6th, 2012, 09:20 PM
If the hat is gone forever, I'm betting on them being rather easy to find in Florida.

No worries on finding a hat down in my neck of the woods the summer stuff is out in full force.
To bad about your package I hope it shows up,I once left my purse on top of my car after putting my daughter in her car seat and drove off 6 month later the nice person that found it sent back my DL and a set keys but not the $300.00 that was aslo in there.:(

elbow chic
March 6th, 2012, 09:26 PM
oh, that's a sad feeling. I think I left a practically brand-new 60th St fork in a hotel room last month; it has not turned up and I'm sure it's too late to call and ask if they have it.

Lipbalmbabe
March 6th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Once lost my iPhone on a bus, I was devestated!:(

PurplePenguin
March 6th, 2012, 10:02 PM
That really bites :( Once, when I was in the Army, I left my brand new blackberry phone in a taxi. I sent a text to my phone asking the person to return it...he told me I had to come to his house to get it and that he wouldn't mail it to me. I decided to let him have it >.< there was no way I was going to some strangers house to get a phone. The good news is that it's usually pretty easy to find pretty sun hats in Florida ^.^
I really hope you can get your stuff back though

B-L
March 7th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Once my firend forgot her bag on the local bus. She had just taken out her salary and had about $560 in it! :bigeyes:. She was devasteted! BUT.. But someone actually returned the bag to the lost & found, although they saw money in it! There are honest people in the world after all :)

I hope you find your bag!! :pray:

Ocelan
March 7th, 2012, 12:46 AM
I know this is a much smaller loss, but a month or two ago I bought a pair of really cute owl pins. I was so excited about them since I really love owl things. They're my favourite kind of animal.
And then when I got home so excited to try them and show them off, they weren't anywhere to be found. :( I was so sad and felt like I had betrayed my owls. They must have fallen out of my bag when grabbing something from there. I went to buy new ones the next day, but it wasn't quite the same anymore.

MonaLisa
March 7th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Somehow it always happens to things we're happy about...
Sorry to hear that :grouphug:

Tisiloves
March 7th, 2012, 04:20 AM
It may well turn up, have you contacted the bus company as well.

BlondieHepburn
March 7th, 2012, 05:02 AM
NOOOO! That's so annoying! Hopefully you will be able to recover your things. :blossom:

Sammich
March 7th, 2012, 05:08 AM
I really hope you get your stuff back, I hate that feeling so much... losing your favourite or valuable things that you worked so hard for, and waited so long for. :(

Epi71
March 7th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I'm sorry that happened and hope they turn up in the lost and found.

Years ago I somehow lost a new set of makeup brushes complete with the beautiful brush roll they came in. I was young and had saved up money to buy them. They were in my bag that I took on a train trip and it is still a mystery to me what happened to them.

Shield31
March 7th, 2012, 05:22 AM
It may well turn up, have you contacted the bus company as well.

I'd agree and call as soon as possible. Abandoned, lost or forgotten packages on public transportation can lead to all sorts of angst among security professionals. We read stories of transport systems being shut down, buildings being evacuated, airport terminals being emptied due to a suspicious package. The guys come out in their bomb suits to examine and remove the item in question. It's no fun for anyone.

I do hope you get the bag back with its contents intact.

Mairéad
March 7th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I called the bus company first thing this morning. They told me they received no purses. I think I'm going to call again later. For some reason I don't believe that in a city this size that not ONE purse was turned in. She didn't even ask for a description.

In the mean time I'm going to go to the university lost and found. Some fellow students advised me that sometimes items lost on the campus buses will be turned in to the university lost and found as opposed to the bus terminal. Also, my memory is failing me and I'm not sure I even got on the bus with the purse. :o

I'm so spacey that I would doubt if I left in in my last class. If that's the case it would also be at the university lost and found. I sit in the front row so I'm thinking about emailing my professor to see if he saw a bag left behind.

heidi w.
March 7th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I do stupid things like that. So I've developed a habit.

First, if I'm traveling I do not bring along my best of the best. In case I somehow forget it or lose it. That way I didn't lose the best. (This is very important at airports as they do check luggage.) I've lost a pair of scissors once this way because I didn't really understand the packing rules. (This was during the time that different airlines had kind of different regulations. So it was confusing.)

Second, if I would be on a bus or train, most bags have some sort of handle and I just keep hold of it or put my wrist through the handles so that the bag is attached to me.

One time I almost lost my hair comb collection (on a shuttle bus to the airport). I remembered right after the bus took off, and I had to go running after the bus. Thankfully he stopped and I retrieved my box of hair combs. That would have been a costly loss. Very costly loss.

I do the attachment idea because I calculate that it's a new habit that I'm getting used to. It's that it's something new to my normal, and it's hard for me to remember the new thing sometimes. I used to have this problem when I added new students in my flute studio: remembering the time I promised to meet them, so I had to come up with ways to remember. And sometimes I still forgot. The parents couldn't understand. But they didn't have a home business in constant flux somehow schedule-wise. I was constantly re-arranging lesson times because at the time I was also performing a lot, in 3 orchestras and teaching in public programs kid's music. And their schedules sometimes changed. I always felt bad when I brain farted. Things you learn as you go through life.

I hope you're able to retrieve the lost items. I hate buying stuff over again. Hate it. As for the hat, if that's a true loss and needs replacement, consider going to a summer flower garden show. Lots of these shows have other items besides flowers and bushes for sale. I found my hat at such an event for around $20.00. Best hat I ever bought. I still use it years later. Good luck.

I hope something from my ideas helps you.
heidi w.

heidi w.
March 7th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Once my firend forgot her bag on the local bus. She had just taken out her salary and had about $560 in it! :bigeyes:. She was devasteted! BUT.. But someone actually returned the bag to the lost & found, although they saw money in it! There are honest people in the world after all :)

I hope you find your bag!! :pray:

I once lost my wallet on a ski slope in Lake Tahoe. And I went the whole weekend without any of my own money. My grandfather paid for me to ski and rent boots and my lessons. I felt humiliated.

And then a call came and some guy found my wallet and returned it. All of it. Money too.

I had a flute teacher who believed in God, mightily. And she told me, "God knows where it is." So, I just ask God. (Just because I don't go to church and pray overly much doesn't mean I don't believe in God. I am living in this culture! LOL)

So, now I relax and ask God to help me get it back, and most of the time, it comes back. I can't recall a time that didn't work. I know it sounds odd, but it's the truth.

I do the same thing when I was teaching a kid who had a difficult problem or question that I couldn't figure out how to handle. I'd ask God for the answer or the way. It always worked. Never failed me.

I just wait.

I had a time when my entire organizer with my calendar, contacts, all my pens/pencils, business cards of mine and others was stolen out of my car while I was inside the school rehearsing for a concert. I was devastated.

About a week later a call came and some guy found everything strewn about, gathered it, and found one of my business cards. He said he noticed how organized everything was, how neatly written everything was and figured someone was really missing this. He couldn't have been more right. I was very grateful. Very thankful. This is when I learned the God knows where it is idea from my former flute teacher.

Good luck to you.
heidi w.

Ishje
March 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I really hope you get it back! it is not nice to loose stuff in that way.

(I once left my bag in the train, luckily I realized it on time and managed to run back and get it)

Mairéad
March 7th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Bus lost and found was a bust.
School lost and found was a bust.

My options left are:
-Ask my professor if I left my purse behind (I'm not even sure I made it on the bus with the bag, now that I think about it).
-wait for all the buses in the loop (there are 4) to come around and ask each driver if they have a green purse.