PDA

View Full Version : My Long Hair Inspiration

jennescence
March 5th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I just thought i would share with you the website that set me out on my quest for long hair. I hope you love it as much as i do. It is real people dressed up like fairy tale characters.

http://www.viona-art.com/

I guess i'm silly but i find myself looking at this sight almost every day.
My favorite section is the fairy section under portfolio.

jennescence
March 5th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I wish someone would look at this, I was so excited to share it.

Bunnysaur
March 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I looked at it! I think it's pretty cool.

Tisiloves
March 5th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I like the King and his daughter and la belle Dame sans merci. I want to know what fairytale some of the are from though.

MermaidTresses
March 5th, 2012, 08:20 PM
very cool site-- you may also like this one : http://www.howarddavidjohnson.com/index.htm
I draw much inspiration from here! :o

jennescence
March 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM
very cool site-- you may also like this one : http://www.howarddavidjohnson.com/index.htm
I draw much inspiration from here!
WOW! i love it so much!! I'm so glad you shared that with me!

summergreen
March 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Lovely pictures - yes I also liked la belle dame sans merci (and I like that poem too), Im sure Ive seen it before but can't think where.

millyaulait
March 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I love that - so different! :)

arwenevenstar37
March 6th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I really like the russian fairytale image :) love the story of Vasilisa :)

Amber_Maiden
March 6th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Love the pictures!

gthlvrmx
March 6th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Nice pictures! :D

Rosethorn
March 6th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Those pictures are stunning. I especially liked the fairy tale ones.

einna
March 6th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Oh, so many beautiful pictures. If you like this, you might enjoy a new tv show called "Once upon a time", a fairytale show with some pretty hair (not great hair or super long hair so far, but I have only seen a few episodes).

Maelyssa
March 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM
So glad you shared the link...I now have it bookmarked. Remarkable fairy tale artistry. Beautiful pics! Love e hair. :D

jacqueline101
March 6th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I think the girl has nice hair.

sycamoreboutiqu
March 7th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Stunning photography and the fairy costuming is so incredibly detailed. What a lovely site.

Ocelan
March 7th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Really nice pictures and costumes and hair! This kind of thing is something I'm very much into and would like to dress up and take pictures but I feel it would be too vain to do so...

IndigoOptimist
March 7th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I love it. I'm a photographer, so as soon as I saw photos I was like 'Oooooooo!!!'. I'll be looking at the whole site later :)

Littlewing13
March 7th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Amazing! thanks for sharing :D

Littlewing13
March 7th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Omg I want this hair

http://www.viona-art.com/sites/default/files/styles/watermarked/public/set/images/bluebell-fairy-1.jpg

aster66
March 7th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Aah it's Viona! I've actually seen her a couple of times at some ren faires here in the Netherlands and almost went to her Danse Macabre (I was too broke to travel to belgium :( ). She's such a talented costume designer and photographer!

vintage88
March 7th, 2012, 08:22 AM
wow thanks for sharing such a great site! I love the fairy pics :)

Signe
March 7th, 2012, 08:32 AM
I just spent an hour looking at that site! Awesome photos!

Avital88
March 7th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks for sharing this! i love the fairy and gothic pictures, theyre really awesome.The nice hair makes it even better, im really glad you posted this, ive send it to my friend who is a proffesional photographer and i said: i want pictures like this, we must make some..
so thanks for the inspiration!

heidi w.
March 7th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Most of the hair length, in my book is short, around BSL somewhere. Longer lengths are clearly fake hair inserts.

However, this is a serious photographic project. If they're photographs, which I understand they are, this is an incredible amount of work. There's photoshopping going on, outdoor photography, fiddling with lighting, costume, sets. It's actually kind of neat and creative and makes me think of the new movie that's about to come out, Mirror, Mirror with Julia Roberts.

I do wish they had thought of better titles for the photos. They could have drawn of fairy tale lore, stories, and names. Lots of names abound for faerie anything from Midsummer Nights Dream.

I also looked at Baroque, Fairy, Fairytale, Beauty, Vampire and so forth just to get a decent overview.

Baroque was kind of a modern twist on Baroque. Lots of hair forms are being used to create a look.

It is a neat website. I wish they could add in really long hair, though -- and do better on naming phtos. Thank you for sharing.

heidi w.