PDA

View Full Version : Stretching Goals

Littlewing13
March 5th, 2012, 04:40 PM
This site just keeps influencing me! When I joined I didn't have an official goal but I thought BSL was long, then I thought about it some more & decided on waist.

Then looking at all the beautiful long hair I changed tailbone.

Now I am thinking classic looks gorgeous. I look back at my original goal & think wow thats really short, why did I even bother coming to this site?

Enablers! :p

Anyone else do this too?

jacqueline101
March 5th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I felt the same way I found tail bone to be long enough for me and I love it.

Avital88
March 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
yes many of us experience this common phenomonal:) i came her with waist as my goal...
hehe im tailbone now and wanting to grow to calf

Kira94
March 5th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I know, right?! My goal was waist when I first joined, then I thought maybe hip or tailbone. Now I'm leaning towards classic. :laugh: I guess we'll just have to see how long my hair will grow! :D

annamoonfairy
March 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I did the same thing. My hair is at tail bone but it just doesn't feel long. I think when it is classic length I will have soild long hair but maybe I will still want more lol

PrairieRose
March 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM
My goal is waist but now I may go past that!:D

Amber_Maiden
March 5th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I know what you mean. I think it happens to everyone who comes here! I wanted to get to waist when I joined, and now I'm past waist. For a while I wanted to be at hip, but realized that was very close, so then it was TBL... and now it's classic... but finger-tip looking very tempting...

turtlelover
March 5th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I started w/ a super short inverted bob, and I remember thinking I would be THRILLED to get to shoulder length! Now, BSL is sounding better and better, and I have to admit that my "inner child" is longing for waist length hair! HAHA

Long_hair_bear
March 5th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Lol my goals always been to my knees, no enabling involved. :D

Pinkster8
March 5th, 2012, 05:31 PM
When I joined, waist length sounded awesome. Now, TBL looks very tempting to me. At least I have a lot of growing to do before I have to make up my mind :)

millyaulait
March 5th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I thought BSL was long enough a goal for me, but, nope! After a few months on this site I have decided on waist... :D

sjshelt
March 5th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Originally I was planning on BSL or mid back....now I'm wanting waist or hip! Haha! This site has definitely changed my long hair views!

einna
March 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
This site has changed my views on haircare, hair styling and really long hair, but mostly I love the great lenghts on others. However, it has made me consider growing to waist instead of MBL, my original goal. But first I must get to MBL and see how I like it. No one knows what the future brings though, when I reach my goal(s) I might find that I need More More More! ;)

rock007junkie
March 5th, 2012, 07:51 PM
That's a pretty common thing on this forum. When I first joined my goal was waist. I'll be hitting waist by this summer. Now after being here for a while I'm starting to think that maybe classic length would be doable.

HintOfMint
March 5th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I tried to pass it off as, "well when wavy, it's really still at hip, so I'm still aiming for my original goal!" Yeah. Right. I'm just going to let it get to classic and still play dumb.

"No, when I do my hair up in super curls, it's at hip! Okay fine, at tailbone. You don't believe me...?"

Tisiloves
March 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I might have stretched my goal just a bit from getting back to waist to as far beyond waist as I can handle. :wannabe:

ravenheather
March 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I had the idea in mind to go to waist. Now I think tailbone would be great. We'll have to see if my hair cooperates. I've never grown it past apl.

Beckstar
March 5th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Mine was BSL until I reached it and I decided that waist was it. Well, I'm at hip stretched out and I have no plans of cutting anytime soon. I don't really have a goal anymore other than healthy hair. I will keep letting it grow and will cut back a bit if it starts look too thin or raggedy on the ends.

RapunzelKat
March 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Lol my goals always been to my knees, no enabling involved. :D

Lol, yup no enabling needed, my goal has been terminal for a long time. I'm actually hoping for floor length :D But knee length would be awesome. ;)

becks113
March 5th, 2012, 09:24 PM
My original goal was waist.. When I first started growing I was a bit past shoulder. Now I'm thinking tailbone or classic would be okay with me! ...now to just get there. (:

sfgirl
March 5th, 2012, 11:15 PM
My goal has always been as long as I can get with a solid hemline, and minimal tapering.

Shesta
March 6th, 2012, 12:22 AM
For me was different. I came here with the idea I want to grow it to knee and beyond but as time passed I started asking myself - "knee?! really?". So this is true - my goals shrunk. Right now I'd be happy to reach tailbone, learn how to maintain in without offending it, get a nice hemline, enjoy the length for a while, wear it down. Then once I'm bored I might grow to classic.

Littlewing13
March 6th, 2012, 12:45 AM
For me was different. I came here with the idea I want to grow it to knee and beyond but as time passed I started asking myself - "knee?! really?". So this is true - my goals shrunk. Right now I'd be happy to reach tailbone, learn how to maintain in without offending it, get a nice hemline, enjoy the length for a while, wear it down. Then once I'm bored I might grow to classic.

Interesting. How long is it now?

Yeah its the getting there thats the hard part. & honestly I think that once I reach my goal it will change again.

Also previously all it has taken to cut my hair was a hot summer or slightest bit of damage & id go straight back to a bob. So that may happen again. But not until I get to TBL. I will get there if it kills me.

dRummie
March 6th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Haha, this sounds familiar. My original goal was "BSL and if it still looks good there, then Waist", but I started thinking about waist long before my hair reached BSL :p

B-L
March 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
My goal has always been hip (or tailbone, if hip and waist are too close).. I'm gonna stay at hip and maintain, hopefully with thick hemline. I think I would be too concerned for my hair if it was longor.. and honestly.. I still want to be able to wear it down once in a while.

heidi w.
March 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I was a bit shy of classic length before I even KNEW about long hair boards and joined one at all. That was over ten years ago, now.

heidi w.

melusine963
March 6th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I put my final goal down as terminal length, never thinking for a moment that I'll get even near a healthy classic. I honestly don't know what I'll do if I even get that far. We'll see if convenience or my vanity win. :)

bubblyredhead
March 6th, 2012, 11:51 PM
I orignially wanted waist and now I am at waist I want between hip/BCL I was thinking about tailbone but it seems so so long from where I am I might grow to tailbone but for now I am doing a few more trims to get out some layers. I think I am going to grow until I can't stand it down then chop some of it off hehe

Rose Petal
March 6th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I thought BSL was long enough a goal for me, but, nope! After a few months on this site I have decided on waist... :D
Yeah, I thought BSL, and since then I saw another short person with hip length hair and it really suited her I've been thinking...although I'm only considering as far as MBL at the moment. Methinks this be a slippery slope, however;)

kidari
March 7th, 2012, 12:00 AM
My goal was waist, thinking that it would never happen and that I would be more than happy with BSL. Now I think I'm only an inch or less shy of solid waist and it feels short to me! My goal is now more like hip.

Littlewing13
March 7th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Ahh all these beautiful long hairs! I love it! :D

XcaliburGirl
March 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Oh yeah. I came here originally wanting Waist. Then I switched to Hip, Tailbone, then Knee, then Terminal. Now I'm back to Waist. I'll decide what to do from there when I get there.

battles
March 7th, 2012, 03:43 PM
My original goal was hip. Then TBL.. Then I started thinking about how lovely a classic length braid would be. :p

Lady Neeva
March 7th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I was aiming for WL at first, and now it's extend to knee! Of Course, we'll see...

terylenerose
March 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
My goal has always been terminal, but I started wanting it before I really thought about the fact that hair usually got past your waist if you didn't cut it. I think now that the longest I will ever grow my hair is floor length, because I think if it gets any longer I won't be able to do anything with it. I might even cut back to ankle or knee. So I guess my goal has shrunk, but I'm not sure. I'm really hoping my hair doesn't decide to drag on the floor.

TheLuckyLurker
March 12th, 2012, 04:14 PM
This happened to me too. It took almost 2 years to come up with a goal at all, which is BSL, and lately I've been thinking more and more of waist length.

Littlewing13
April 8th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I think I want classic now!

Hollyfire3
April 8th, 2012, 07:11 PM
HL is MINIMUM for me and the only reason i am keeping it so short a goal is that my hair is damaged from heat, i need to grow that out, be happy with my hair without damage, find a routine that works, THEN worry about if i can even get that long....I always worry my hair will look SO bad that long....i'm scared of it tapering and thinning and fairytaling and other stuff, which i don't have AT ALL right now but I have never had hair longer than just past BSL so the fear is there.....i would be happy to make solid WL right now, especially with all the hair from heck i have right now. But....IF and IF all goes well, I MAY (alright, will) grow longer.

Clem_Dela
April 8th, 2012, 07:18 PM
oh, i have my goals lined up in a row for me... my goal was waist, and then i reached waist; hip is next. Then BCL, then TBL, then classic... short term goals keep me sane because classic is my true goal!

Maelyssa
April 8th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Absolutely! Started at hip for a goal, now it's classic. Happy growing!

Vallena
April 8th, 2012, 07:43 PM
At first my goal was BSL/waist, but now I'm considering hip/TBL... But really, can't decide until I get there!

Shepherdess
April 8th, 2012, 10:50 PM
When I first joined a few months ago, I already had classic length, and I was hoping for knee length (that's how I found this site while searching Google for long hair growth tips). Well, now I'm hoping for ankle or longer after seeing so many lovely pics here :p

Quahatundightu
April 9th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Always wanted TB and now I'm there I have no idea what to do. Go on to classic I suppose, especially since my hair is only TB when straight at the moment! My problem is that I'm not sure my hair will be able to grow much longer, it was a struggle to get it this far.

Littlewing13
May 23rd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Oh now I want classic. Damn you LHC! *shakes fist*

eicamawa
May 23rd, 2012, 07:07 AM
My goal is TB, but as I'm almost at hip now I'm thinking of maybe trying to reach classic. But I'll see when I get to tailbone :)

Topaz
May 23rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
When I started here my goal was tailbone. Now my hair when dripping wet is at about tailbone, and when dry and wavy it's at BCL, so full tailbone (dry) isn't too far away.

But with my goal getting closer and closer, I've already decided that classic length would be better than tailbone. I think I'll grow to classic and then cut back to tailbone which would for sure give me a nice thick hemline. And maybe then with that great hemline, I can grow back to classic if I want to. On LHC it's all good!

To all you enablers out there, I love you! :cheer:

Ticky
May 23rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
I am not quite sure anymore. Sometimes there's a thought in my head that says I could grow to classic just for the sake of it, but to be honest, I am considering cutting back to hip or waist in the next year or so. My goal stretches and shrinks :D

MonicaJean
May 23rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
Me too! :P Came with the intention of waist, but I'm telling myself hip now. However, I'm trying to ignore my thoughts of classic+ because last time I got irritated at waist and cut it! (that was before I knew the wonderful world of updos - Let's hope this time is different)

alex68
May 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
My first goal was BSL, then midback and (at the moment) waist :D

To be continued.....

Dovetail
May 23rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
Oh man, it's tough being here! My main realistic goal is Waist right now. But my dream goal is classic/tailbone. The longer Im here though, the long I seem to want my hair! *puts on horse blinders* I just can't look lol

torrilin
May 23rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
The idle dream I've always had is past waist. How much past? Dunno.

I'm around waist, and for the most part, this is an easy care length for me. It's not long enough to do some styles I'd like. I'd guess to have a braided bun I really like, I'll need to be somewhere in the tailbone to classic range. And I'd like to be able to do a real crown braid rather than Heidi braids or a French lace braid. I'm lazy, so while a French lace braid is cute on me, I don't usually bother to do it. Heidi braids don't stay very well on me, tho they're definitely lazy enough.

Using a paranda suggests what I want is a roughly tailbone length braid.

I figure somewhere in here, I'll figure out what I want and start maintaining. But for now, I'm happy to grow and stay goal-less. By pretty much any standard except here, my hair is long. So I don't worry about it.

wishywashy
May 23rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Yes, when I joined I think I wanted waist length (seeing as the shortest I've ever had was shaved and the longest I had ever had was BSL, waist seemed long to me).

After awhile I realised that waist is maybe still too short...I now want Hip....but am seriously considering upping it to classic+

But I have to get through apl, bsl, waist, and hip first :P

ladylowtide
May 23rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
Well. When I first came to LHC, I wanted long hair, which at the time to me was waist because it hasn't been that long since I was in second grade I think. Then I saw all of the the beautiful picture and I thought that knee was such a beautiful length. Realistically I am sure my hair could get to knee or longer, I just don't know how much taper would be involved, or how much hard work because I henna all over.

Then I thought for sure I will get to hip. It seems like a flattering length with a blunt hem. But now I've got this bee in bonnet about getting to tailbone without trimming. So I think I will. Whether I cut back to hip. Or try and get to classic.... who knows?

LadyCelestina
May 23rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
I'll have fewer "hey,how bout growing a little longer than my goal" moments from now,since my current goal is floor/term.! :D