PDA

View Full Version : One year LHC anniversary (pic heavy)

AndreaPetrea
March 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I can't believe it! I have been here a year already! I want to thank you for all the great advice and support, hair related and not :flower: :cheese: :cookie:
Before I start I want to excuse the quality of the photos :o

When I was 16 I had my one length BSL hair cut to shoulder length with layers. I hadn't even been able to do a cinnabun (tried a french twist once, the claw clip broke and I gave up) and the new cut was fun and I loved it. But since then I have tried many times to grow my hair long again without success. This time I know I will succeed!

In December 2010 I had my hair cut to a chin length bob with layers - my hemline was exactly at my hairline (the hair closest to the hairline in the back was shaved and the hair above just covered the shaved part). It was so annoying to not even be able to do a pony stub! I don't have pictures of this cut, but I have one from more than two months after - the 25th of February 2011:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7568&pictureid=109241

And here is one from right after I joined the LCH - 4th of March 2011:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7568&pictureid=127900

I have had a couple of inches cut off since then, and here is a pic from 15th of February this year (can't get a good length shot at home):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7568&pictureid=127903

And one from 3rd of March 2012:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7568&pictureid=127902

I decided to grow my bangs out - maybe I will have them cut later - to gain thickness.

Not a very big difference in length, but at least some progress! I can't wait to see where I will be next year!

Thank you for reading :D

Chromis
March 5th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Nice work! Growing out from the very short lengths is always a challenge!

dementedkitten
March 5th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Great growth! Congrats, you hair is lovely!

AMW
March 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Wow ... You hair looks great. You gained a lot of length this year! Congrats =)

oktobergoud
March 5th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Amazing progress, your hair has grown lots! :D

Amber_Maiden
March 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Nice growth!!!

AndreaPetrea
March 5th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Thank you :flower: It doesn't feel like it has grown very much, so it's nice to know that you see growth :D

Chromis - wow, "from zero to knee", that's very impressive! I've only now noticed that, you're picture sort of steals the attention!

Chromis
March 5th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Thank you :flower: It doesn't feel like it has grown very much, so it's nice to know that you see growth :D

Chromis - wow, "from zero to knee", that's very impressive! I've only now noticed that, you're picture sort of steals the attention!

Haha, you got me just as I was playing with the wording too!

I have no doubt in another six or seven years you will totally catch up to me :D

BrightEyes
March 5th, 2012, 03:01 PM
You've had some awesome growth! Do you have any tips for getting past the awful between-chin-and-shoulder-length-stage?? I seem forever stuck in it. This is definitely a lesson in patience lol.

Your hair is beautiful and I love the color:)

Chromis
March 5th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Aw thank you! Just bear through it is my advice. I kept trimming the back until the sides caught up, and then let it grow from there. Once I got that, I pretty much stopped trimming until about BSL, that way I could still put it up/tie it back back while evening it up. :flower:

It goes much faster from there!

AndreaPetrea
March 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Haha, you got me just as I was playing with the wording too!

I have no doubt in another six or seven years you will totally catch up to me :D

My timing is always great 8) Thank you for your encouragement, but I honestly doubt that I will - your hair is in another league :D

You've had some awesome growth! Do you have any tips for getting past the awful between-chin-and-shoulder-length-stage?? I seem forever stuck in it. This is definitely a lesson in patience lol.

Your hair is beautiful and I love the color:)

Thank you for your compliments :)

I got two trims, about one inch each, to even up the layers a bit. But it still isn't perfect. And I'm afraid I still struggle with updos. But my Ficcares, Flexis and scrunchies have helped me. The most annoying stage was when my ends juuust touched my shoulders. The feeling of hairs poking me all the time was just... :angry: But luckily it doesn't last long.

Happy growing :flower:

jacqueline101
March 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Nice growth your hair is lovely.

BrightEyes
March 5th, 2012, 04:51 PM
The most annoying stage was when my ends juuust touched my shoulders. The feeling of hairs poking me all the time was just... :angry: But luckily it doesn't last long.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about hairs just touching shoulders. I also hate it when my hair starts getting caught in my collars. That's usually when I chop, then regret it later that day:rolleyes:. Gotta put away my collared shirts lol.

But you got through it, and I know I can too. Happy growing to you too:)

einna
March 5th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Looking good! Happy growing. :)

AndreaPetrea
March 6th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Thank you all :flower:

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about hairs just touching shoulders. I also hate it when my hair starts getting caught in my collars. That's usually when I chop, then regret it later that day:rolleyes:. Gotta put away my collared shirts lol.

But you got through it, and I know I can too. Happy growing to you too:)

Oh yes, the collars... Such a strange feeling. But it's also really nice to feel my hair laying on my back again - and on the shoulder (it's not poking anymore :D)

Yes, you can do it!

littleizz
March 6th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Woohoo!! Congrats, that looks like a big difference in length to me :) Grow on!

pink.sara
March 6th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Nice growth :)

Ishje
March 6th, 2012, 07:15 AM
your hair looks great! it really has grown fast :)

ladyshep
March 6th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Exciting! Looks beautiful! :)

AndreaPetrea
March 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
You're so sweet :blossom: Thank you!

Without the LHC I would probably have been stuck with my chin length bob forever.

princessp
March 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Wow that is a lot of growth happy 1 year hairniversary!! :)

SchnauzerMom
March 6th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Your hair looks very pretty.

lapushka
March 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Great progress! :)

Alva
March 6th, 2012, 12:22 PM
That's quite a difference, nice amount of growth!

Maelyssa
March 6th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Beautiful growth..congrats on your long hair anniversary. Here's to more happy, healthy growing!

AndreaPetrea
March 7th, 2012, 01:49 AM
I am so happy that you see a difference! Every time I see other people's progress I have a feeling that my hair is the slowest snail in the garden :laugh:

Thank you and happy growing to all of you too :blossom:

paper
March 8th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flower: Nice growth! You have pretty shiny hair, good luck reaching your goals!

arc691
March 8th, 2012, 05:17 AM
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/andrearcolson/For%20Pinterest/daisies.jpg

Congratulations! Your hair has grown so much and is so pretty. My name is Andrea, too :)

AndreaPetrea
March 9th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Thank you both very much - your compliments mean a lot to me :flower:

arc691, actually my name is Anne Sofie :) Andrea Petrea, with "Jenny" as the first name, was the name of my great grandmother - my mother's mother's mother. I always thought it was such a beautiful name.

Have a wonderful day :blossom: