PDA

View Full Version : Research. PLEASE READ!!

natural-beaut
March 5th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Hello Everyone!! I'm a graduate student doing research on natural and organic hair products, and I'd love to get some feedback from fellow hair enthusiasts! I'd greatly appreciate it! Happy Growing!! :)

Do you use natural/organic hair products?
Have you found at least one product that works for you?
If you so, please take a moment to complete the survey at the link below:

{Link removed- solicitation is not allowed}

-OR-

Are you currently using (or have used) natural/organic hair products, but are unsatisfied with the products you have found?
Are you searching for natural/organic hair products but don't know where to start?

If either of these questions apply to you, please complete the following survey below:

{Link removed- solicitation is not allowed}

Thank you for your feedback, you are greatly appreciated!!

(We want feedback from all types of people so feel free to pass along to a friend!)

mzBANGBANG
March 5th, 2012, 01:06 PM
*eyebrow raise* taking caution on this one...

natural-beaut
March 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Why take caution? I'm genuinely doing research and came where I know people are concerned about hair. It is not spam or some trick.

Check out the survey and you'll see. :)

Freckled.Thing
March 5th, 2012, 01:25 PM
If you're actually doing research you're going about it the wrong way. In addition to the non-response bias you will get from any survey posted online, you're also going to get responses from a very specific type of person who visits a long hair discussion board. That data can hardly be extrapolated to the general public.

I'm not making any judgments about your reasons for posting this survey but I hope you don't intend to use your results for any serious research.

PixxieStix
March 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM
What about people who sort of make their own products, or just use various organic oils, does that count or are you looking for people who buy at a store?

Madora
March 5th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Terms of Service, anyone?

princessp
March 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM
natural-beaut, it is because this is your first post and before offering anything to LHC you are asking something of the community. We get spammers, trolls, perverts etc. here (probably like all forums) so we are a little suspect of this behavior. Also there are some things that are against the terms of service (I'm not sure if this is one of them). Specifically I am talking about people who are profiting off of the community. Like I said, this might not be you (I'm not a moderator). But I think people here would be less suspect if you introduced yourself in the welcome thread and participated in some of the threads before asking us to participate in a survey. BTW, you will find the answers to your survey if you poke around here. We have a few threads dedicated exclusively to natural hair products.

If you plan on sticking around I encourage you to take a look at the threads for newbies.

Welcome to LHC. :)

natural-beaut
March 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
What about people who sort of make their own products, or just use various organic oils, does that count or are you looking for people who buy at a store?

You would fill out the second survey, and just touch on why you choose to make your own products.

Thank You!

Annalouise
March 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Good area to research.:) Maybe if someone knows a natural product that works great they could mention it here also, so that we could all benefit.

natural-beaut
March 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM
If you're actually doing research you're going about it the wrong way. In addition to the non-response bias you will get from any survey posted online, you're also going to get responses from a very specific type of person who visits a long hair discussion board. That data can hardly be extrapolated to the general public.

I'm not making any judgments about your reasons for posting this survey but I hope you don't intend to use your results for any serious research.

Thank You for your feedback.

natural-beaut, it is because this is your first post and before offering anything to LHC you are asking something of the community. We get spammers, trolls, perverts etc. here (probably like all forums) so we are a little suspect of this behavior. Also there are some things that are against the terms of service (I'm not sure if this is one of them). Specifically I am talking about people who are profiting off of the community. Like I said, this might not be you (I'm not a moderator). But I think people here would be less suspect if you introduced yourself in the welcome thread and participated in some of the threads before asking us to participate in a survey. BTW, you will find the answers to your survey if you poke around here. We have a few threads dedicated exclusively to natural hair products.

If you plan on sticking around I encourage you to take a look at the threads for newbies.

Welcome to LHC. :)

I understand completely. If I have violated the terms of service, moderators please delete this thread. My intent is not to make trouble or violate any rules.

Amber_Maiden
March 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
hmm.... I guess I'll do it. Can't hurt.

But I do agree with everyone else... Weird to see this as a first post...

Coan-Teen
March 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I took the survey but I also second the caution from Freckled.Thing. We are not a community that is representative of the general populous and many of our hair care methods are unconventional. If you're doing research about the kind of consumer who would be interested in organic products you might be looking in the right place but otherwise the results you get from us will likely be skewed.

natural-beaut
March 5th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Good area to research.:) Maybe if someone knows a natural product that works great they could mention it here also, so that we could all benefit.

Thank You!!

hmm.... I guess I'll do it. Can't hurt.

But I do agree with everyone else... Weird to see this as a first post...

Thank You!!

I took the survey but I also second the caution from Freckled.Thing. We are not a community that is representative of the general populous and many of our hair care methods are unconventional. If you're doing research about the kind of consumer who would be interested in organic products you might be looking in the right place but otherwise the results you get from us will likely be skewed.

Thank you for your feedback! I am looking at a specific user in the population. Thank you for taking the survey!!!!

YumiYume
March 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM
deleted my post it was unnesessary

Lexy
March 5th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Solicitation is not allowed here.