PDA

View Full Version : Super static hair question

Kizuna
March 5th, 2012, 07:41 AM
The search function doesn't seem to work for me (tired multiple times) so I'm making a thread here too see if someone knows the answer.

Yesterday and the day before, my hair got SUPER static when I brushed it. I figured it could depend on two reasons:
1. I used a home made sugar-spray for hairspray on my hair style this saturday
2. I had just washed my brush with soap to clean it (a Boar bristle brush that's not 100% bristles).

Saturday night when I brushed my hair to get some of the sugar-spray out my hair turned SUPER static. This was the first time I used the brush since I washed it.The same thing happened yesterday and I hadn't washed my hair so residue from the sugar-spray was still in my hair (and brush) .
I've now washed my hair and I'm wondering what to do. Was it the sugar-spray that made my hair static or was it the newly washed brush or a combo of the both? Should I clean the brush again before I use on my washed hair (to get rid of the sugar residue in the brush)? I really don't want to get static hair like that when brushing. Has this happened to anyone else that has tried sugar-spray?
I also use Conditioner Only when I wash my hair.

Linnet
March 5th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I've not tried sugar spray but I do know that if I use a brush that isn't 100 per cent bristle, then I get a lot of static, especially if the brush has nylon in it! Try omitting the sugar spray and see if brushing still produces static. If so, change your brush to 100 per cent bristle. Good Luck!:)

heidi w.
March 5th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Try combing the hair, that may make a difference. If not, you have additional information. I take it that the new thing you did was this sugar spray. If it didn't work, and that's the only change you made, then you know the culprit and can just endeavor to not do that again.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM
A BBB is for polishing the hair, not detangling the hair. It's also used to distribute applied or sebum throughout the hair. There are specific do nots and dos for BBB. If you don't know this info, it's important to acquire it. Please ask if you need help. Using a BBB incorrectly can induce damage.

heidi w.

Kizuna
March 5th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Thank you ladies for your answers!
Maybe next time I'll use a comb when I've used the sugar spray. :)