PDA

View Full Version : SMT help!!

ylime
March 5th, 2012, 02:00 AM
okay so yesterday i did my first SMT and i must have done something wrong... either not washed it out properly or something because my hair feels like it is coated in a layer of gunk!! :/

anyone else had this problem? and solutions for this.. or tips for next time?

much appreciated

ylime. :cheese:

Bagginslover
March 5th, 2012, 02:04 AM
I've not done one myself, but I do have the same problem after CO washing sometimes, and every time it has simply been that I've not rinsed thoroughly enough. Did you rinse VERY well afterwards? I have to rinse my CO washes for about 10 mins, others only need 5 mins, so it could be that.

Siiri
March 5th, 2012, 02:11 AM
What conditioner were you using?

It could be just that you didn't rinse it out properly. Did you use a shower cap or a plastic bag on top? Sometimes if it dries on your hair, it's more difficult to rinse out. I normally first add a little bit a water and massage (like with CO-washing), repeat, and once it's all lathered up, I rinse it out.

ylime
March 5th, 2012, 02:26 AM
What conditioner were you using?

i was using australian organics for my conditioner.

and was using a shower cap so drying out wasn't a problem

ylime
March 5th, 2012, 02:26 AM
I've not done one myself, but I do have the same problem after CO washing sometimes, and every time it has simply been that I've not rinsed thoroughly enough. Did you rinse VERY well afterwards? I have to rinse my CO washes for about 10 mins, others only need 5 mins, so it could be that.

hmm i think not washing it out enough could be the culprit!

i shall know for next time

Mina17
March 5th, 2012, 07:23 AM
I think it might also depend on the conditioner. Some conditioners make my hair feel more coated than others. You might try a different one next time.