PDA

View Full Version : Deep Conditioning with heat

MeowScat
March 5th, 2012, 01:47 AM
I tried a modified SMT the other night. I used Loreal EverSleek Hydrating conditioner with some honey ( I don't have any AVG yet ).

I cinnabunned my hair on top of my head, put a plastic bag over my head, then wrapped a bath towel over it, turban-style. I kept it on for 3 hours and when I took it off my hair was cold.

I thought it would be, at least, a LITTLE warm. What did I do wrong? :confused:

Siiri
March 5th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Maybe your apartment is a bit chilly? I've read some members here use a towel that's rinsed in hot water (squeeze out the excess water), and when it's cooled down, they replace it with another hot damp towel. Or you could use a hair dryer once you have your shower cap and towel on. I just do the DT's in sauna, but I guess everyone doesn't have them outside finland :)

Tisiloves
March 5th, 2012, 02:47 AM
My house is always freezing, I DT either with my arctic grade flappy hat on whilst doing something physical (cleaning) or sitting with my duvet pulled over my head.

:crazyq:

Chetanlaiho
March 5th, 2012, 04:41 AM
I use a showercap and a double layered beanie and it gets warm, maybe you need more layers?

MeowScat
March 7th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Thank you for your responses! :)

I keep my house about 68 - 70 degrees, pretty toasty.

I really thought the thick towel would keep my hair warm. I don't want to spend money on a heat cap if I don't have to.

This might sound weird, but I wonder if tinfoil would work? I use it to keep food warm. I'd look like I was trying to thwart aliens, though. Ha!

How long would I need to stand there with the blowfryer aimed at the showercap? I think my arms would fall asleep.

Hmmm....

Tisiloves
March 7th, 2012, 02:00 AM
You could blast it for a few mins, then wrap with a towel for bit, then blast it again.