PDA

View Full Version : Loreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

my2cats1
March 4th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Any opinions on this? I'm not familiar with some of these ingredients:

http://bit.ly/xJuoSn

ohhiitssteph
March 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I love it! My hair feels clean, yet SO soft and shiny. :)

HappyHair87
March 5th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Is it thick or thin? I know it comes in an 8 oz bottle.

Also...whats the price range? And what does it smell like? Lol!

goldenmoments
March 5th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I've seen this add on LHC every day this past week. I'm curious to how quickly it might buildup.

my2cats1
March 9th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I've seen this add on LHC every day this past week. I'm curious to how quickly it might buildup.

I don't think it has cones...which ingredients do you think may cause build up?

HuggyBear
March 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I tried this product earlier today and I'm not impressed. Pretty much a waste of 7 bucks. Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner does a much better job than this stuff and is way cheaper. And the smell...oh my gosh...the smell of this stuff is horrid. I thought that once my hair dried that the scent would go away. Wrong! I am going to have to wash my hair again to get this scent out because it's giving me a headache. :(

Allybean
March 11th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I've been using this as the primary way to shampoo my hair for the past month or so (I use it once or twice a week, depending on how my hair feels, and CO Wash the rest of the time), and I love it! I like the smell of it, and it does amazing things for my hair.

sfgirl
March 11th, 2012, 11:47 PM
I tried this product earlier today and I'm not impressed. Pretty much a waste of 7 bucks. Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner does a much better job than this stuff and is way cheaper. And the smell...oh my gosh...the smell of this stuff is horrid. I thought that once my hair dried that the scent would go away. Wrong! I am going to have to wash my hair again to get this scent out because it's giving me a headache. :(

What was the scent like? I know there's some scents I can't stand that other people love. Especially "fresh" scents like dove, give me a really bad headache. :(

HuggyBear
March 12th, 2012, 06:41 PM
What was the scent like? I know there's some scents I can't stand that other people love. Especially "fresh" scents like dove, give me a really bad headache. :(

The best way I can describe the scent is an extremely strong, overpowering flowery smell. If you can tolerate flowery perfumes, then it would probably not bother you but it makes me sick. Smell it before you buy. The scent did not go away after my hair dried.

sfgirl
March 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
The best way I can describe the scent is an extremely strong, overpowering flowery smell. If you can tolerate flowery perfumes, then it would probably not bother you but it makes me sick. Smell it before you buy. The scent did not go away after my hair dried.

I'll smell it but I probably won't like it. I'm weird about artificial floral scents. They remind me of those awful scented tampons. Thanks for the warning!

XcaliburGirl
March 18th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Here's my report:

I've been using this daily (I always wash daily) for a week, except for one day where I used my regular sulfate-free shampoo. I really like how it makes my hair feel. I don't mind the smell. It is a bit strong, but it smells like vanilla to me. I do not like how any of the Suave Naturals or V05 smell, but this was fine for me. I like the idea of having one product in the shower, which is why I keep trying CO.

One downside is the bottle, both size and the action of the pump. It takes a lot of pumps to get enough for my thick-but-short hair.

Last night I ended up with a lot of flakes. I do get dandruff from time to time, so it could just be a flare-up. Some of the flakes were kind of bit and gross, like the flakes I get from using 'cones on my scalp rather than dandruff flakes. (Ugh, sorry about giving TMI, but those with finicky scalps probably know what I mean.)

I'll shampoo with Nizoral today and then try the Cleansing Conditioner again for a while to see if it happens again. I think my scalp might just dislike CO, since I was sulfate or dandruff shampooing weekly when I tried it with other products.

Copasetic
March 18th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Is it thick or thin? I know it comes in an 8 oz bottle.

Also...whats the price range? And what does it smell like? Lol!

It's pretty thick, and has a very strong vanilla/amber scent. I paid $10 for mine when it was on sale.

So far I really like it. I can't go totally suds free, so this is a nice in between for my hair.

Stagecoach
March 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I absolutely hated it. It smelled simply awful, by the third day I was literally gagging at the scent it would leave behind. And it did nothing special for my hair.

irisheyes
May 4th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I was surprised by how well this worked for my hair. I didn't have to use as much as I thought would (thick hair below waist length) and I was able to comb afterwards without problems. This gave me as much slip as a silicone conditioner. I'm going to keep this around because I just love the speed of this one step process and results are great. I usually have to shampoo every other day but my hair remained fresh enough to skip my scheduled wash day.

julierockhead
May 5th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Loreal still tests their products on bunnies. So I won't be trying it.

Amazinggrace
May 5th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Loreal still tests their products on bunnies. So I won't be trying it.

Just so you know, the Ever line from L'oreal is 100% vegan, and not tested on animals.

The PETA website can verify:
http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/Ever-Pure-The-Vegan-Line-by-LOreal.aspx

Amraann
May 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I use it and like it! Been using it exclusively for a little over a month now.

~BoHemiAngel~
August 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
I've only used it once but so far I absolutely love it! I have been wanting to transition to CO because most shampoos are way too drying, but after a few CO washes I get tons of buildup on my scalp. This product has a small amount of a very gentle cleanser, supposedly comparable to Wen cleansing conditioner. But this product is much, MUCH cheaper than Wen! :D I think I paid $6 US dollars for an 8.5 ounce bottle. After the wash (having to use only ONE product was fantastic) my scalp actually felt clean and my hair was SO soft and shiny! And I have never had shiny hair, except for when I was a kid! I didn't even need to use a leave-in conditioner to comb through my waist-length hair.

This is a wonderful product for curlies and wavies that would like to go CO but maybe need a little extra cleansing power... it has enough cleanser in it to get the hair and scalp clean, but not enough to strip away the hair's natural oils. And it's super moisturizing, which is very helpful for me as my hair is porous and I live in a very dry climate. I love it!

As others have mentioned the scent is very strong, but fortunately I like it so it's not a problem for me. I think it smells kind of like caramel-vanilla-ish frosted cupcakes. The scent lingers, so if you are sensitive to smells this is not the product for you.

I'm also happy to learn that it's not tested on animals! :bunny:

Bunnyhare
August 23rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
i just started using it, when i saw Wen and thought it sounded great but expensive for me at this point..i was tickled to see this on the shelf at walmart for under $6! but i have to use ALOT, it might not last long and end up costing more anyway,...but i love the smell, it smells not flowery to me at all ,but more like the vanilla/amber kinda scent already described here. it made my curly hair feel great, and clean with as much slip if not more than the cones i usually use...i love that its not cones, not tested on animals and one product !! i hope they keep making it, i really like it and would love to try the Wen to compare it...i had to use 20 pumps to get through all my hair and scalp though. thats the only thing, i was wondering if they offer larger bottles of it lOL

patienceneeded
August 23rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
I have used it before and am considering buying another bottle. I usually dilute it with water in a separate bottle before applying to my scalp. It's a little thick and heavy. I don't mind the smell, but it IS very strong. It's not a miracle product, but it wasn't bad.

silverstars
August 24th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I liked the smell of it. A very strong vanilla. It worked quite well for me. It felt really thick so I dilluted it with water too.

Bianca
August 25th, 2012, 05:25 AM
If it smells like vanilla, the scent wont bother me at all, im known as the girl who smells like vanilla cookies (my perfume just in case you were wondering). Please come to denmark loreal evercreme :D