PDA

View Full Version : crazy things for protecting hair

lolot
March 4th, 2012, 07:09 PM
what are the crazy things you do for protecting your hair?

here is mine:

When im driving i wear the seat belt under my arm, so that it doesnt rub my braid. Some people in other cars probably think im too dumb to not knowing how to wear a seat belt, because i get weird looks hahaha

do you do things like this that other people stare like WTF?

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I wear a shower cap to protect on my non washing days and I wear a sleep cap. I wear it up all the time. I wear things approved by the community as hair toys go. I wear it up all the time.

pepperminttea
March 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM
I check the weather before I decide how to wear it; if it's windy/rainy/below freezing/hot, up it goes!

lolot, Could you not bun your braid, or wear it over your other shoulder? If you get in a car accident (god forbid), wearing a seatbelt properly could save your life; that's well worth a split end here and there. :flower:

Ceridwen Iris
March 4th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I would suggest getting a seat belt guide or putting your hair up as your belt will not protect you properly if worn under the arm.

PixxieStix
March 4th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Call me crazy, but I think I knew a lady who had some sort of silk covering she attached to her seat belt after she put it on when driving, maybe it was to protect her hair!

Hmmm... I don't think I do anything too crazy, wear it up a lot more now that I can, although I do have a few friends who think I'm mad in regards to my hair toys. :D

spidermom
March 4th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I agree about the seatbelt; you really need to wear it properly if you want it to do its job.

Macaroni
March 4th, 2012, 11:29 PM
I check the weather before I decide how to wear it; if it's windy/rainy/below freezing/hot, up it goes!

lolot, Could you not bun your braid, or wear it over your other shoulder? If you get in a car accident (god forbid), wearing a seatbelt properly could save your life; that's well worth a split end here and there. :flower:

This and the airbag could bonk you on the nose and give you black eyes :(.

HappyHair87
March 5th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Where I'm at...they'd pull u over and give you a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt properly. I'd hate for anything bad to happen to you! When my hair was longer I'd just drape it over the back of the seat while I drove.