PDA

View Full Version : Can you "halfway" do henna?

my2cats1
March 4th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I am interested in using a black henna/indigo mix to try to darken my brown hair, but I'm still a little unsure. If I were to only leave it on for a short while, would it give a more subtle effect? I don't want an inky black, just a darker tone.

mz_butterfly
March 4th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I have never tried henna but have read a lot about it. I think it's going to stain no matter how long you leave it in. I had to respond because I was thinking to myself that your question was funny. Can I halfway do henna is like asking can I halfway be pregnant!

B-L
March 5th, 2012, 12:37 AM
You could try a hennagloss. I've used 4 tbs henna, 1 tbs indigo and lots of conditioner. Put on the mix, wraped it and left it for about 1-2 hours.

Amber_Maiden
March 5th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Do a henna gloss- mix the henna and indigo with conditioner. Leave on for an hour.

littleizz
March 5th, 2012, 07:29 AM
I have never tried henna but have read a lot about it. I think it's going to stain no matter how long you leave it in. I had to respond because I was thinking to myself that your question was funny. Can I halfway do henna is like asking can I halfway be pregnant!Lol, funny, but not at all true.

You can certainly henna without getting a full on red-head effect. Like others said, a henna gloss might be your best bet, but you could also try leaving it in for a shorter amount of time or mixing it with another herb like cassia or amla. Whichever way you do it, I would start collecting hair from your brush so that you can do a strand test or two. Those never lie :)