PDA

View Full Version : hairstyle help

Kayla Nyx
March 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I just received this from my mom today, and I think it's quite lovely. I just have no idea what to do with it! Any suggestions on what kinds of hair styles would work with this thing?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8887&pictureid=127807

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8887&pictureid=127806

Kyla
March 4th, 2012, 03:30 PM
You could do a cinnabun, inserting the barrette like a ficcare. You open the barrette, and slide the bottom part through the bun like a hairstick, then close it.

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Do u ever pin your bangs out of the way? You could use it for that. Its a guess sorry. I'd say try visiting long locks dot com I have seen them on their site. Only help I have.

PrairieRose
March 4th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I have a clip similar to that. I gather my hair up in a pony tail secured with my hand. Then I kind of fold the pony tail in half and twist the hair up and secure with the clip.

Kayla Nyx
March 4th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I have a clip similar to that. I gather my hair up in a pony tail secured with my hand. Then I kind of fold the pony tail in half and twist the hair up and secure with the clip.

would you have any pictures of that?? I'm having a hard time trying to picture what that looks like. :p

dulce
March 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I do a french twist, a half up in a bun and a lazywrap bun and a tails up twisted.Google ficcare hairstyles on utube for ideas.

Blandine
March 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
It is a beak clip. Unfortunately these things do not hold too well because there is much less room in the middle than in ficcares, so the ficcare styles won't work. Besides, they tend to break hair.

heidi w.
March 5th, 2012, 11:38 AM
It's kind of like a Ficcare clip. You can use it to bun all the hair and hold it up. What I did was ponytail the hair, and wind the length all around it, and then take the bottom of the hair, it's a loop after being wrapped and put it over the wound about hair and clipped that loop above the looped hair. I clipped this to some of the back of the head hair because if you just clip the updo'd hair you have no achor. I found this clip somewhat listed to one side, the side that the hinge is on, and during a day, I had to redo the updo, and had some kind of pulling on hair, unfortunately. Eventually I had to give up wearing Ficcare hair clips and any clips like them.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 5th, 2012, 11:39 AM
It is a beak clip. Unfortunately these things do not hold too well because there is much less room in the middle than in ficcares, so the ficcare styles won't work. Besides, they tend to break hair.

That was also my experience.
heidi w.

heidi w.
March 5th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Do u ever pin your bangs out of the way? You could use it for that. Its a guess sorry. I'd say try visiting long locks dot com I have seen them on their site. Only help I have.

I found it a bit heavy for holding up a section of hair on the side of the head.
heidi w.

Eirelin
March 5th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I got 3 beak clips, and I do something like this: http://www.dressytresses.com/hair/gallery/instruct/long-clamp/.

whitedove
March 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I have 2 of these and I usually do the bun in my avatar. Nice to know what the clip was called, as I didnt have a clue.

PrairieRose
March 5th, 2012, 06:53 PM
would you have any pictures of that?? I'm having a hard time trying to picture what that looks like. :p

Sorry about my poor instructions:o
I'm having trouble posting the picture, but I put it in my album. Take a look:D

3mily
March 5th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I used to to love these as they work on shorter hair and made me feel like I was using 'real' hairtoys at just above shoulder. I never found one to be any use at all though and always flat ironed to get ends like a fibre optic lamp then wore two beak clips (slid in opposite directions) to hold a simple peacock twist. In fact I loved this style so much I kept my supposedly growing hair at just above shoulder for nearly two years just so I could do it, it felt so pretty.

Now I'm at BSL and can't really find a use for my beloved beaks any more.

Mesmerise
March 5th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I am wearing a clip like that in my Avatar (well not as pretty :p just a plain one). I find it super easy just to sorta twist my hair up and put it in! They're also great clips when you've got shorter hair, as you just twist up and clip away.

I should explain, that the longer my hair gets the more I twist it. When it was shorter I'd do the peacock twist thing and clip it up, but as it grew longer, I'd twist the longer bit down under until it made a sort of loop. I still do it that way a lot (my av picture was taken when my hair was longer, and it's not the way I usually wear it now...at least not exactly).

Tisiloves
March 5th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Half up peacock twist, depending on the studiness of the clip and the co-operativeness of your hair.

Kayla Nyx
March 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM
thanks so much! Eirelin, that link was very useful and I think I actually might be able to use this thing :D the first day I got it, I was a little frustrated and had no clue what to do with it because my hair is so short now. I tested it out on my little sister. ^___^ Ill be attempting.

Maelyssa
March 6th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I have to echo what some others already said and suggest any updo that would normally be secured with a Ficcare. Very pretty clip.