PDA

View Full Version : bangs for tracking growth and damage ?

marioma
March 4th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Hi all , i want to ask you something ,
i have very curly hair it's 3c i think ,with lots of damage so i am transitionning for a while ,
the thing is my hair has all different lengths the longest is bsl ,
i find it diificult to track my hair growth with all this variation in length also i want to track damage ( the damaged part are so obvious coz it turns straight at damaged part ..
so i've decided to cut the damaged part of my bangs and to take it as reference for growth and damage ,
has anyone tried it before ? will it work ?

PixxieStix
March 4th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I think it will certainly give you an idea of how fast your hair is growing, as each month you can put your bangs in front of your face to see how long they have grown, and if your hair has damage at the same length throughout and you cut the bangs to the point where you are at 100% virgin, that should also give you a good idea of how much new growth you have versus how much damaged hair is left. Is that what you are going for?

Sunny_side_up
March 4th, 2012, 02:04 PM
That could depend on if youre blow drying your hair/bangs and if you use hair sprays and spritzers, i have grown out bangs many times and trimmed them back again. Sharp scissors are important. Another consideration is movement in sleep, i hear a satin pillow case is good.

Thing is, i find with my hair oiling helps protect my aging and sometimes dryed ends, nothing sorts them out better than a good trim and then oiling or sometimes conditioning treatment, however with the length of my eyebrow skimming bangs i dont oil that high up and theyd look oily and greasy, so for me its sort of hard to determine if you can do as much as you can to keep damage at bay. I'm toying with the idea of henna for an added boost im thinking my lightweight hair needs, also what your putting in to your body nutrients wise is a factor, im pretty sure the last several inches of my hair is when i was going through a bad year when i didnt get enough iron or specific foods to strengthen hair that im regularly eating now. Hairs kinda static (rough winter a factor too i guess.. :D

spidermom
March 4th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cutting your bangs will only tell you how fast your bangs grow. In fact, each single hair has its own growth pattern, and one won't tell you what to expect from another.

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I think trimming your bangs will get rid of damage and you should be able to track the growth. I don't know if it would be a marker to see how healthy the rest of your hair is unless you trim at the same time.

einna
March 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I think it can be a good idea, but all hairs grow at different rates, so it might not be accurate. As for damage, it might work, but curly bangs might need a bit of styling, that gives some extra damage. Also, do you really want bangs?

Just a few things do consider before you do anything. Good luck :)

jesis
March 4th, 2012, 03:44 PM
My bangs actually grow a lot faster than the rest of my hair. My bangs grew about 12" while the rest of my hair only grew around 7-8". So no, I don't think it's a good reference.

Chetanlaiho
March 4th, 2012, 04:44 PM
My bangs grow faster than the rest of my hair as well, so I don't think it would be very accurate =)