PDA

View Full Version : braidhawk

proo
March 4th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Pulling all hair forward, I french braided from nape to forehead
I continued braiding down to the end of the tail which was now hanging in front of my face.
The tail was then flipped back on top of the french braid, then topsy-tailed underneath, the end being close to my nape.
If your hair is longer, the tail braid could exit the nape, then be flipped up and again topsy-tailed under.
It's a braidhawk.

SakuraGirl
March 4th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I love this! I just wish my hair was long enough to do it!

Kira94
March 4th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Pictures! :D

gthlvrmx
March 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I would love to see a picture of this! :D

Woods Nymph
March 4th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Definitely sounds very cool! I shall third: pictures would be grand!
Mayhap I shall try this when my hair's a bit more oily...

proo
March 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Sorry . . . no can do pictures.
Technology has left me behind.

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I bet its pretty and pictures would be nice.

einna
March 4th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Oh nice idea. I hope somebody feels inspired and does pics. :D

proo
March 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM
It's a fabulous sleep style.

absinthewilde
March 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I wish I could see this too. I don't have one of those topsy tail things.

Dorothy
March 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I tried a loose version of this and love it. I have been trying to take a pic but I'm alone. I'll do it again for work and have someone take a pic. I loosened up on the crown because I wanted to leave my bangs out, and it all fell back into a poofy woven messy Elizabethan thing. I wound the tail up and pinned it in the middle. Nice volume on the top, I have medium textured hair, medium thickness, very straight, so low volume, but this poofed it all out. Like!

Before I got a topsy tail, I used to use a bolo tie, threaded up from the bottom. I suspect you could use any flexible stiff cord the same way.

Kelikea
March 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I don't understand the topsy tail part. How do you flip a pony through a french braid?

sazzie88
March 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Pulling all hair forward, I french braided from nape to forehead
I continued braiding down to the end of the tail which was now hanging in front of my face.
The tail was then flipped back on top of the french braid, then topsy-tailed underneath, the end being close to my nape.
If your hair is longer, the tail braid could exit the nape, then be flipped up and again topsy-tailed under.
It's a braidhawk.

I have shoulder length nearly apl hair would this work you think?

Where do you mean to do the tipsy tail?

proo
March 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM
The braid is folded back on top of the french braid mohawk,
the end of it fed through the middle of the mohawk, with the topsy tail somewhere near the crown,
so it ends up behind, up next to the scalp.
A topsy tail is like a large needle threader - it's a stiff plastic stick with a loop on one end.
It really helps

Kelikea
March 4th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Oh, so thread the remaining braid back through the French braid, to hide the tassel? And the tassel ends up on the inside of the French braid, next to the scalp? How do you pull the tospy tail through without ruining or getting caught on/in the French braid?

Madora
March 4th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Oh, so thread the remaining braid back through the French braid, to hide the tassel? And the tassel ends up on the inside of the French braid, next to the scalp? How do you pull the tospy tail through without ruining or getting caught on/in the French braid?

The loop of the TopsyTail tool is very flexible, so once the hair is in the TTloop, you thread the other end of the TT (which is rigid) gently through a loop of the braid and pull downward until all the hair has gone through the braided hair.

HylianGirl
March 4th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Awesome! Too bad my hair is too short for that... Maybe if I try a box duch braid, to make it higher on my head? lol it's late now, but I might try it tommorow ^-^

proo
March 5th, 2012, 09:06 AM
My hair is between shoulder and apl and it works great.
It doesn't need much length to get started, plus my canopy is much longer than my nape hair
So by the time I'm braiding the tail I've got a 13" braid to work with.
Yes Kelikea, that's what I mean, and thanks for the clarification Madora.

A thread where styles are described, then someone else tries it from the description and sends a pic
That's be a cool game for this group.