PDA

View Full Version : Need curling advice

whiteisle
March 4th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I've officially made it to a solid apl and am moving on to bsl. :cheese: I also had some layers cut in recently because it just needed to happen - my face doesn't do well with a one-length curtain hanging around it. :p But, I'm still trying to figure out how to work with them.

A great friend of mine whose a stylist just stayed with us this weekend and she let me use her Moroccan shampoo and conditioner and some awesome beautifying serum. (I'll be purchasing ALL this stuff soon! :D) But she blew my hair dry with a really neat technique that put very loose waves in my hair - worked great with the cut! But it's next to impossible to do myself AND I don't want to be that dependent on heat to make this style work.......so I'm thinking about getting some type of sponge rollers (or other type) that my hair can air-dry around. That's what I need the advice on. :)

Which ones do you like? Which ones should I avoid? Thanks!

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I don't know about the alternate wave idea. The foam rollers work good on me for an over night set. Just remember the bigger the roller looser the curl and that might give you a wave.

UltraBella
March 4th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Caruso Mollecular Hairsetter !
Non-damaging, conditioning and loved by many here at LHC.

Here is a thread with pics :

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52864

Madora
March 4th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Avoid velcro curlers like the plague. They are not hair friendly.

If you use foam curlers, be sure your hair isn't too wet when you begin. I found that my hair had to be barely damp when I used foam rollers. Hair that is too damp will not curl properly.

whiteisle
March 4th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you ladies! I should have specified I wanted a more wave-like effect so bigger curlers would definitely be better.:)

Ultrabella - thanks for that link! You hair is exactly the hair I want! :D I'm going to check out Caruso right now!

HintOfMint
March 4th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Caruso Mollecular Hairsetter !
Non-damaging, conditioning and loved by many here at LHC.

Here is a thread with pics :

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52864

She beat me to it!

They're pretty amazing

whiteisle
March 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM
:D Got them in my Amazon shopping cart right now! :D

UltraBella
March 4th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Congrats !!! I hope you love them !!