PDA

View Full Version : Yet another hair typing thread...

Annibelle
March 4th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I was hesitant to post this, since I've done it twice before, but I keep feeling as though my hair looks just a bit different after every few months. :o

Last time I was hair typed, the general consensus was that I'm 1c/2a. (My hair, when combed wet, is 1b; when it dries on its own, it's definitely wavier.) Since then, I've cut off six inches (going from an inch or so below waist to BSL) and changed shampoo/conditioner (and have gone back to almost exclusively CO), so these may be factors.

Based on my latest photos (no scrunching, product, etc.), do you think I'm still 1c/2a?

Here's a non-flash photo:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8442&pictureid=127734

And here's one with flash in case that one's hard to see:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8442&pictureid=127735

Thanks for your help! :cheese:

lostchyld
March 4th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I don't know anything at all about hair typing, but my hair changes based on how I treat it and how many days I am from wash day. I notice the biggest difference switching from an SLS shampoo to CO.

And you have Darned Pretty hair.

pepperminttea
March 4th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Y'know, if those are the ringlet-type spirals I think they are, I think you might be a 2c. There's definitely a lot more wave there than 1c/2a. :)

Charybdis
March 4th, 2012, 07:52 AM
At least 2b, maybe 2c!

luthein
March 4th, 2012, 07:54 AM
2b/2c. I see some defined waves and some ringlets. Pretty!

terylenerose
March 4th, 2012, 07:56 AM
2c. I have seen 2c hair that looks a lot like yours.

Kelikea
March 4th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I think it is 2a/2b. With product and scrunching, it may look as much as 2b/2c. It is similar to mine, but mine tends to be slightly wavier, so I call it 2b/2c. But I have the same issues of the top and front being straighter than the back.

lapushka
March 4th, 2012, 08:13 AM
2b, maybe 2b/2c.

Shesta
March 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
2c voted both hands!

spidermom
March 4th, 2012, 09:46 AM
A few ringlets means 2C.
I have that type, but my hair can be as straight as 1B or 1C at times.

Kira94
March 4th, 2012, 10:25 AM
2c, because of your ringlets. :)
It may act like 2a or whatever some days, but I'd say if you can get those ringlets naturally you're definitely 2c. :)

Annibelle
March 4th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone, and the sweet comments! :blossom: I'm not sure if it's from treating my hair better or if it's from cutting it shorter (though my ends were so thin that I can't imagine that they were really pulling my waves too much), but it does seem that my hair type is different now. :) It very much resembles my childhood hair now.

I think it is 2a/2b. With product and scrunching, it may look as much as 2b/2c. It is similar to mine, but mine tends to be slightly wavier, so I call it 2b/2c. But I have the same issues of the top and front being straighter than the back.

I hate how mine looks straight right above where a ponytail might go... it kind of looks like a bad curling job or something in some photos. :rollin: