PDA

View Full Version : Hair names!

Sookie
March 4th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Hello LHC!

I was absent a long time due to a problem i was facing with internet explorer 9 and i couldn't post. I am so happy i can join again this wonderful forum. :D

So here it is something i wanted to share with you guys. I found a site with names..and it has hair names too with their meanings also!
http://www.20000-names.com/hair_names_hairless_names.htm

Avital88
March 4th, 2012, 02:30 AM
oh nice thanks for posting!
Too bad it has more male names though...

Tisiloves
March 4th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Nice, not too sure about the girl names that mean 'hairy' or 'bald', though.

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2012, 02:52 AM
I thought the site was neat.

Sookie
March 4th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Nice, not too sure about the girl names that mean 'hairy' or 'bald', though.

Are you refering to the name Calvina about the 'bald'? Yeah pretty strange name to give to a baby! But as i know from ancient Greece names were given after a long time when they would gain a personality or do something that would mark they life. Or even if they had something unusual that make them distinguish from other persons. Until then they were refered as son of ..(and the name of their father).

Yeah i wish it had more girl names..but anyway i love the names Cybele and Leila!

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2012, 03:29 AM
I thought the site was neat.

Sookie
March 4th, 2012, 05:42 AM
What does neat mean? :o

holothuroidea
March 4th, 2012, 07:01 AM
What does neat mean? :o

It's slang, it means pretty much the same thing as "cool." Basically, it's good. :)

ETA: From dictionary.com

Slang . great; wonderful; fine: What a neat car!

Sookie
March 4th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Oh thx holothuroidea! Why didn't i thought looking at a dictionary..google translation does not help so much..

Amber_Maiden
March 4th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Very interesting!!

PixxieStix
March 4th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Welcome back to the forums, and thanks for the link, it was very interesting. I wonder when the names made the transition from literal to just names.

Sookie
March 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Thx you Pixxiestix :D Well there is not a real asnwer to this, but if you want my opinion.. these names are associated with paganism from ancient times. I think that when Christianism came people were given names according to the Saints..and not to their special features. Although Christian names do have meanings too!