PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing St. Baldrick's! (Shaving my head)

Aladria
March 3rd, 2012, 11:16 PM
Okay, so this thread won't be as exciting as it would be if my hair was still long, but I've had pixies for the past year, and it's just growing out from one last October... but I'm still excited!

For those that don't know, St. Baldrick's is a foundation that raises money for childhood cancer research by having an event each year around St. Patrick's day where people get sponsored to shave their head. It also helps show solidarity with the cancer patients to see people willing to join them in hairlessness. I have wanted to shave my head at some point, and I also want to grow my hair long again (hence me lurking here again,) so I thought this would be the perfect time!

I will post pics when I get it done, and I'm going to start a blog to track my progress once I start growing (may keep it shaved for a while first.) I want to make one of those videos where I'll take a picture of it every day... like stop motion animation!

If anyone wishes to donate, any amount would really help the kids out. Let me know, and I will message you a link privately.

:cheese:

Tisiloves
March 3rd, 2012, 11:56 PM
Sounds fun! Are you going to keep it virgin as you grow?

Colourful
March 4th, 2012, 12:16 AM
My respect to you, Aladria.

Falcore
March 4th, 2012, 04:43 AM
I love watching those time lapse journeys on you tube! It'd take dedication to take one everyday. How long do you reckon you will do it for?

Good luck!

katienoonan
March 4th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Oh how wonderful! Much support to you, do you have a website I can donate to? xXx

Aladria
March 11th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Sounds fun! Are you going to keep it virgin as you grow?

Yes, I want to keep it all natural. I had planned on doing one last crazy cut and color before shaving and didn't get the chance, so we'll see if I hold out. :D

My respect to you, Aladria.

Thanks!

I love watching those time lapse journeys on you tube! It'd take dedication to take one everyday. How long do you reckon you will do it for?

Good luck!

Well, I want to grow my hair to my fingertips, so I guess until I get sick of taking pics or I reach my goal. I'm sure I'll miss some days here and there, but I really want to do them daily at the start when growth is more noticeable.

Oh how wonderful! Much support to you, do you have a website I can donate to? xXx

I can send you a PM with the link. :)

Aladria
March 17th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Bumping because this happens TOMORROW! :D So it's the last chance if anyone wants to sponsor me.

Kaelee
March 22nd, 2012, 10:03 PM
That's awesome! My aunt always does St. Baldrick's I think. :D

Carissamarie08
March 23rd, 2012, 02:44 AM
Good luck!

Merlin
March 23rd, 2012, 03:05 AM
Just realised I hadn't donated yet - I've rectified that now :-)

KaasKnot
March 23rd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Good job, wish I could say I went cue-ball for such a good reason. I'm also growing mine out from the scalp, and maintaining perfectly virgin hair. What's your routine?