PDA

View Full Version : Sauna

JesusFreak88
March 3rd, 2012, 10:12 PM
Is going in a sauna bad for your hair? I am guessing it would be because it is a lot of heat on your hair.

Tisiloves
March 4th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Not really, it's not very hot, plus plenty of moisture in the atosphere. If you're really worried, protect your hair with a towel.

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I don't know but my hair loves humidity and a sauna would be loved by my hair so I think its up to your hair if it will like it.

Ocelan
March 4th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Sauna for dry hair is not that great (but not really bad either).

Wet hair in sauna is better and may even help it, but the absolute best for hair in sauna is to have some conditioner in it while sitting there. It will provide more heat for the conditioner to work in the hair and hair will love it. It's very common for Finnish people to have some kind of sauna honey treatment or other kinds of conditioning things in their hair while sitting in sauna.

I can't be sure this works for all hair types, but I don't know why it wouldn't.
I saw some gossip news about Rihanna being in a Finnish sauna and it ruining her hair so that she had to fly in her stylist to condition it and it ended up costing her almost 18 000$, but I think that's total bullcrap.
She's ruined her hair with all the whatever teasing, dyeing, heat styling and so on anyway. If she sat in sauna with chemical bleach on top of hairspray in her hair for 3 hours, then sure it may ruin it, but I think that healthy hair ship sailed a long time ago for her.

rock007junkie
March 4th, 2012, 05:35 AM
On the contrary, from what I've gather it could be quite beneficial. The steam provides moisture to the hair. I know people that actually apply their deep conditioners/ oils prior to going to the sauna. The steam from it allows the conditoners/ oils to penetrate the hair better. So go for it!

jaquelines
March 4th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Sauna for dry hair is not that great (but not really bad either).

I saw some gossip news about Rihanna being in a Finnish sauna and it ruining her hair so that she had to fly in her stylist to condition it and it ended up costing her almost 18 000$, but I think that's total bullcrap.
She's ruined her hair with all the whatever teasing, dyeing, heat styling and so on anyway. If she sat in sauna with chemical bleach on top of hairspray in her hair for 3 hours, then sure it may ruin it, but I think that healthy hair ship sailed a long time ago for her.

YEP !:rolleyes:

I do sauna and steam bad . Never had troubles with my hair. But it makes sense to wear conditioner in the sauna, as the air is dry.
In contrary, I think damp sauna is actually a good way to deep condition the hair. It`s like those steamers you use for the hair in order for the conditioner to better penetrate into the hairshaft.

HylianGirl
March 4th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I'd use the opportunity to make a deep treatment, using either conditioner or oil and covering my hair with one of those aluminium foil cap thingis (don't know the name in english) the heat of the sauna would help the treatment ^-^ But just leaving the hair unprotected must not be good.