PDA

View Full Version : question about scritching

glitterati
July 21st, 2008, 03:32 PM
I notice that I lose a bunch of baby hairs when I scritch (a couple times a week)... Does this happen to anyone else? I don't think it's affecting my volume but I worry about any shedding (lol).

heidi w.
July 21st, 2008, 03:36 PM
This doesn't happen to me. I might lose one small hair that may well have already been planning to shed.

Please share your HOW TO scritch method.
What type (not brand--the teeth) comb you use -- closeness of teeth? do you draw your hair back?

heidi w.

frizzinator
July 22nd, 2008, 01:29 AM
I have a comb for scritching but never use it, prefering to use my fingernails instead.

Even though scritching is not an exact science, some folks say they cannot do it. Just like everything else, you get better at doing it with a lot of practice. One thing some folks complain about is hair loss. I think scritching can be modified so that anyone can do it without suffering from a side-effect.

One thing you might try is a combination of scritching and scalp massage. For the massage part, don't rub your fingers across the roots of your hair, but instead plant your fingers on your scalp and move your scalp around over your skull.