PDA

View Full Version : Someone Always Notices :)

LittleOrca
March 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
I have been trying to wear my hair up as much as possible so I do not want to cut it. My ends, which always bother me, had been particularly bad and I just wanted to forget my hair for a while. So, I kept putting it up.

The other day at grad school we had to give presentations on our self-care project. After I was done talking about the book piece I had made, a fellow student stated during the discussion "It looks like your hair is part of your self care plan, too. You always seem to have it up in such interesting styles."

Given that we are all artists there, I smiled and shrugged some (my typical reaction to a compliment... I just cannot take them for some reason) and stated, "Sure. Hair is just another fiber art." To which the rest of the students laughed (namely since many of us crochet or knit as well).

As we moved onto the next presenter, it just hit me that even though no one said to me that my hair was looking nice in the different ways I was putting it up, someone always notices. I don't know if this made me feel better or if this just made my head swell a little and I will think now, "Everyone is in awe of my hair."

I think my classmate created a monster.

hototogisu
March 3rd, 2012, 02:44 PM
It takes a lot of creativity to keep thinking of new, fun ways to put hair up. And it's lovely to have that effort noticed!

Carolyn
March 3rd, 2012, 02:49 PM
I think there are people who always notice things like hair length but don't say anything for various reasons. It's always nice to know that someone notices and appreciates. While it's not the only reason or even the main reason to have long hair it feels good to get a compliment. And I agree that hair is a fiber art! :thumbsup:

princessp
March 3rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
You must do some really lovely updo styles. And your hair is definitely very pretty, I'm not surprised people notice. :flower:

SoulOfTheSea
March 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Aw, that is so sweet. :)

I wish someone would notice my hair... then again, I only ever wear it in a Nautilus bun or Pencil bun... Hm... :D

Beckstar
March 3rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
I'm always in awe of my hair! Not because I think it's better than anyone else but because it's better than any style or length I've had previously.

Amber_Maiden
March 3rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
That is awesome that your efforts are noticed!!!

LittleOrca
March 3rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks. :) What makes this more fun to me is that no one ever says anything about my hair while at school, but at least now I know they are noticing. lol

There is almost a pressure now to think up new fun things!

MeowScat
March 3rd, 2012, 11:59 PM
I'm guilty of not paying enough compliments to those that deserve them. I bet there are even more people there that would love to compliment you but are too shy.

I've loved your mermaid hair since last summer but just recently had the guts to finally join LHC. Your hair is beautiful! Show it off!

melusine963
March 4th, 2012, 12:43 AM
No one ever mentiones my hair to me unless they happen to see it down in a braid, or when I'm brushing it. It's nice to think that people notice it even when it's up.

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2012, 03:16 AM
I'd be happy that someone noticed your pride and glory your hair that is. I'd be happy if someone noticed mine and gave a compliment.

Maelyssa
March 4th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Good for you....you do rock some beautiful updos.

embee
March 4th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Your hair is pretty, and you've a wealth of possible updo styles here on LHC, so fiber art is a good way to describe what you do. I think people who are "into" crafts and arts tend to notice things like that more - they're looking for pretty patterns and such.

Firefly
March 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Updo's as a fiber art-- I love that! It's nice to think of being noticed even with your hair up. I always think of my length as going incognito when up, but maybe not!

The-Young-Maid
March 4th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Awww, I love getting compliments like that also. It's nice to know someone notices.:o