PDA

View Full Version : Black tea rinse?

HylianGirl
March 3rd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Hello!

I have heard that black tea rinses can help darkening the hair naturrally (I also heard of cinnamon and coffe for that), so I'd like to hear about that ^-^ has anyone here tried this? What results did you get? Can I only use it in rinses or can I mix it on my conditioner or something?

I now many people use hendigo to darken their hair, but I don't want a radical change, that's why I'd like to try my luck with rinses ^-^

CrowningGlory
March 3rd, 2012, 11:05 PM
I say try it and see what results you get. From what I've read, the colour builds up over time. If at any stage you don't like it, you can stop and you'll have your own colour back within a short time.

I've recently started using black tea with sage and rosemary rinses but I really don't know if there's been any changes or not. Perhaps my hair is shinier? My towel however is stained orange so I'm hoping I might be getting some colour on my hair too.

Roscata
March 3rd, 2012, 11:22 PM
I don't know how much of a difference it can make because I've never tried it, but if you're curios about it here's another reason to try it: Gogirlanime's Shed Less Journey (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=71626).

Kyla
March 3rd, 2012, 11:25 PM
Cinnamon actually lightens the hair, I believe.

I would say it's best to use in rinses, so you could use a fresh/refrigerated batch each time. Or, I suppose you could mix it in your conditioner, but in that case you might want to keep it chilled to prevent it from going bad, as tea does mold.

I've done tea rinses, and I have noticed shininess, but a tiny bit of dryness as well. I have not noticed any darkening, but then again, I haven't been looking. :)