PDA

View Full Version : Real fast! thumbs up/down for mehandi henna?

Clem_Dela
March 3rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
I'm about to purchase some henna for my first ever hennaing. Does anyone know if Rajasthani twilight henna from Mehandi.com is a good buy? It's the first listing on this page; http://www.mehandi.com/shop/hairhenna.html

quick quick! i'm about to order!
Thank you, ladies and gents!
:eek:

kmarie99
March 3rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
I've heard great things about it. It's supposed to be one of the henna's with the highest dye content. It supposedly gives more of a burgundy color than copper if that's what you're looking for.

Clem_Dela
March 3rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Hmm, do you think Mehandi would have a more red/copper henna available?

GaJunebug
March 3rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Do you use the oil to enhance the longevity and color of your design? That step always seemed to help me most-

Only advice I can give you is to stay clear of the black hennas as there have been skin issues reported with using some of them. I'd like to think that Mendhi.com would be more than reputable on their offerings.

GaJunebug
March 3rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Whoops! I keep forgetting where I am and that folks here are using henna for hair and not for body adornment.
Forget my earlier post...sorry!

( And best of luck with your first henna run!)

Clem_Dela
March 3rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
it's quite alright. do you think that i could skip water, lemon juice, and tea and use only oil for mixing? would that help?
i have olive oil, coconut oil, and a few essential oils as well including lavender, jasmine and lemongrass

GaJunebug
March 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
I only can speak of oiling after having henna applied to your skin....I know nothing about henna on hair.

For the safety if your henna project, I'm hoping someone in the know will have an answer for you! :)

Clem_Dela
March 3rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
thanks kmarie & GaJunebug,
For the benefit of anyone who unearths this thread; I looked at some old forums and ended up ordering 300g of Yemen Light and 100g of Rajasthani Twilight. (hoping this is more than enough for thick hair that is halfway between waist/hip) Really really hoping for some Irish Setter colors; even though my hair is kinda dark...

Clem_Dela
March 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
thanks kmarie & GaJunebug,
For the benefit of anyone who unearths this thread; I looked at some old forums and ended up ordering 300g of Yemen Light and 100g of Rajasthani Twilight. (hoping this is more than enough for thick hair that is halfway between waist/hip) Really really hoping for some Irish Setter colors; even though my hair is kinda dark...