PDA

View Full Version : Soft shiny hair :D

SopphireGem
March 3rd, 2012, 07:46 AM
I washed my hair today with a different method to how I usually do it and now it feels so soft!

Firstly, I rinsed my hair in water before pouring diluted shampoo on my hair, then rinsed that off.

Then I squeezed as much water as I could out my hair before applying cone-free conditioner into all my hair and squeezing it in, leaving the conditioner on for about 5-10 minutes.

I rinsed out the conditioner with diluted apple cider vinegar and left the vinegar on for about 5-10 minutes, then rinsed out with cold water.

When my hair had dried, I sprayed in some leave-in conditioner.

My hair has never been so soft and shiny! Just thought I'd tell you all this :)

Lipbalmbabe
March 3rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
I remember reading a post about applying co the way you described and it's really great!

Annalouise
March 3rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
That is interesting. I wonder if the acv helped to remove any residue left by the conditioner.

Amber_Maiden
March 3rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
That is interesting. I wonder if the acv helped to remove any residue left by the conditioner.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Ocelan
March 3rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
I've been washing like that for a few times now with the exception of only having my conditioner on for 3-5 mins and doing the end rinse with ACV nettle water (I put 2-3 table spoons of dried nettle in a pot and poured about 1 l of hot water on top, let sit overnight and sieved off the nettles. I poured the nettle water in a 2l bottle, added 8 tea spoons of ACV and filled up the rest of the bottle. This is enough for 6 or 7 washes.) Nettles shouldn't be used for blond hair I think, as it may stain.

My hair has never been this soft and shiny! :)

gracenotes
March 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
I've been doing something similar, the only real differences being that I condition a first time before applying the diluted shampoo, then again after rinsing it out, and also that I leave the vinegar in as a final rinse. I agree, it does make hair very soft, even in the hard water I have!

Silverbrumby
March 3rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
How do you do an apple cider vinegar rinse?

dwell_in_safety
March 3rd, 2012, 04:14 PM
I may have to try this the next time I CO wash (minus the shampoo, of course). I already do an ACV rinse between washes.

Sillage
March 3rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
How do you do an apple cider vinegar rinse?

I think 2 Tablespoons of ACV in 1 cup of water is the usual mix but you can vary it as you like. I know some people who use straight ACV but that would blow my nose off! :rolling:

Melisande
March 3rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
I have a very similar method. I CWC with diluted conditioner, diluted shampoo, and the last C is with a mixture of diluted conditioner and vinegar (or citric acid). I let it sit on my head and don't rub much.

I also get lots of shine and softness, but also volume by using this method.

Silverbrumby
March 3rd, 2012, 10:10 PM
Thank you!