PDA

View Full Version : Biotin Smoothie?

Mrsbaybeegurl
March 3rd, 2012, 12:00 AM
So when I started taking biotin about a month ago, I had a few pimples sprout. From what I gather, this is typical. It didn't turn into full blown acne, more like one large pimple and as soon as it was gone, BAM! The next pimple was moving in, sometimes just hours later.

Well I usually have a smoothie every moring that I just blend up in my blender and one day got the idea of emptying the Biotin supplement capsule right into the blender. It made no real tatse disturbance and I'm pretty sure my break out problem is solved. I have only had one slight pimple surface in the past two weeks and it was my typical monthly pimple so I'm almost certain Biotin is no longer causing any flare ups...Perhaps mixing it with food instead of actually swallowing a pill followed by a meal, is a better way to get my Biotin. :confused:...hmmmm

Has anyone else tried mixing their biotin in something edible? Am I onto something or is it just a likelihood that my body is getting used to the supplement? I'm pretty much afraid to take biotin in it's regular capsule form now which is forcing me to have a daily smoothie whether I want it or not lol

sfgirl
March 3rd, 2012, 02:06 AM
Well as long as you're using non fat, or even better; soy milk, it's a great way to get some extra nutrients. I just moved out when my mom got a juicer or I'd try this.

longhairedleah
March 4th, 2012, 04:57 PM
If it was in a capsule, maybe it was the gel-capsule that was making you break out, and not the biotin itself?