PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried LUSH hair treatments?

CurlySasha
March 2nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Hi :)
Have you tried LUSH H'suan Wen Hua or any other of their treatments?
Have you tried their henna? Would the red one turn a dirty-blonde girl into bright redhead or darker? (for my sister)

Kumiko033
March 2nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
It probably does, in the beginning but Lush henna somehow isn't as strong as normal henna because it is mixed with Shea Butter I've heard. So the dye update isn't 100% I guess.

If she wants to go bright red I'd simply buy a 100% henna package somewhere local.

CurlySasha
March 2nd, 2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks :) She'll probably want to use commercial dye, but I thought it might have been better to use henna!

molly_grue
March 2nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
I've used H'suan Wen Hua and didn't notice any difference in my hair.

Kumiko033
March 2nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
It is better since a commercial dye doesn't stay like henna + henna has a lot of hair benefits but simply not use Lush henna in my opinion.

Sundial
March 2nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
I tried the H'suan Wen Hua and didn't care for it. The smell lingers even after 2 washes and I find that SMT does a better job of moisturizing. One tub was only good for one use for me (instructions say ton apply on dry hair) and I feel the mediocre results is not worth the cost of the product.

Crysania
March 2nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
i like the marilyn treatment but its way too expensive

Kumiko033
March 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Oh I do recal I've tried one of the Lush masks, I believe it was the R & B one.
Smells A- ma- zing.
But not worth the price for what it does, it didn't moisterize all that well and even made my hair frizzy. After that never bought anything hair-related from the Lush lol.

buttercupmcgee
March 2nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
I used Caca Brun last weekend and am thrilled with the results. It took me from a light brown to a rich chocolate, very shiny and soft. Three washes later, the color hasn't faded. I think the reds are even more potent.

AJO8
March 2nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
I've used the lush henna for years. The only thing I would say about it is not to follow the instructions lush give you. The Bain Marie option to melt it after its been grated is fine but don't add any boiling water, use warm water if possible then cover it and put it in a warm place until it gets a dark crust. I then wash my hair and towel dry before applying the henna.
You won't get as vibrant a result than you would with ordinary henna but i prefer it for the colour I want.
I've also tried Cynthia Sylvia stout which I dint care for. I have had better results with ordinary conditioner and other treatments.

allmixedup88
March 2nd, 2012, 06:12 PM
I use to be a lush junkie until I realized I could make it myself

Amber_Maiden
March 5th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Yes, I tried the H'suan Wen Hua and Jasmine Henna Fluff treatments. I also bought their henna for a while. The H'suan Wen Hua smelled really bad, and I had to wash it out pretty fast. It also didn't do anything for my hair. The "Fluff" didn't do much either, and my home made treatments were cheaper and better. I also had to use an entire container each time I did a treatment, because of how thick my hair is. The henna wasn't that grew either- I didn't like the coffee grinds in it (it doesn't do anything anyways for colour), and the shea butter made some of my hair shed faster then it normal would.

Amber_Maiden
March 5th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Oh I do recal I've tried one of the Lush masks, I believe it was the R & B one.
Smells A- ma- zing.
But not worth the price for what it does, it didn't moisterize all that well and even made my hair frizzy. After that never bought anything hair-related from the Lush lol.

Tried that as well- really not worth the price, but did smell good.

Avital88
March 5th, 2012, 07:38 AM
i tried the yasmin hair mask a few times , i really like the smell and what it does but it think its too expensive to use on a regular basis, i havent bought it for longer than a year i think.
I am very glad about the Lush henna's though, although they do fade,especially noir always gets brown in a week,i do think they do amazing things for your hair..
My hair feels softer,is soo much shinier and looks thicker with Lush henna.plus it fades so i never have a very visible line of roots(the- can become a + for some people)

morrigan*
March 5th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I did use hsuan treatmen, my hair was shiny and soft and i like smell, but just too pricy.
I do like their hennas just because of that they fade, also pure henna dry out my hair a lot, but lush henna doesn't.
I will go buy caca brun tommorow :D

coldclarity
March 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I used H'suan Wen Hua and didn't notice any difference. I really love the henna and jasmine fluff ease one though, it makes my hair soft and compliant and makes my curls hold really well. I use R&B regularly, though I'm on the fence about whether it works. (It's next on my list of things to try switching.) It is all expensive though, with Lush I tend to find one or two things I really love and have it as a regular treat.

HairCareJunkie
March 5th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I have been using Lush for over a year now and I have tried all their hair treatments. (except their solid one, snake oil - because I don't have scalp issues)

Jasmin and Henna Fluff eaze: expensive, the jasmin smell is quite overpowering. I keep smelling it until the next time I wash my hair (3 days). I use quite a lot (short but thirsty hair). And I don't think it actually does something for my hair...

H'suan Wen Hua: expensive, foul smell, again I need a lot. I have the impression it does more then Jasmin and Henna Fluff eaze but not a lot more.

Hair Doctor: expensive, only one/two uses, weird smell and other then a "fresh" scalp feeling... it does nothing.

Marylin: Expensive, smell is quite ... not bad, not good, I don't need as much as the other treatments. It's the best of the above..but again, no "wow" feeling here.

R&B: not a fan of this leave in... will give it a second chance as the pot is still full and it's quite ... expensive, right.

Conclusion: I love Lush, but concerning hair treatments... not so much.

furnival
March 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I've used most of Lush's hair treatments and like people have already said, they don't really seem to do that much. Certainly not enough for me to spend all that money on them again. I do love the smells though. I've had most success using their R'n'B as a deep treatment, washing it out with CO.
Also, I know that H'Suan-whatever-it-is has SLS in it, and can't recall if any of the others do, but I know they put it in their conditioners- why? I don't like the idea of soaking my hair in SLS for any amount of time, 'cos it certainly ain't conditioning.
All in all, smells great, doesn't do much, costs a bomb. ;)

HairCareJunkie
March 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
@Furnival: thank you for the tip! I'm going to try to use Rn'b also as a pre wash treatment. Otherwise I'm never going to empty that pot!

furnival
March 5th, 2012, 01:27 PM
@Furnival: thank you for the tip! I'm going to try to use Rn'b also as a pre wash treatment. Otherwise I'm never going to empty that pot!

I mix it with a bit of conditioner 'cos it's so thick, works a treat. :)

irishlady
March 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I have bought a tub of H'suan Wen Hua a couple of times, I like it, although frankly I get the same, if not better results with my pre-wash coconut oil application, plus it's much cheaper than the LUSH treatment.

LittleOrca
March 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM
The one thing from LUSH that I really liked was the R&B moisture mix. I use just a little, and I mean a little!, after I shower on my hair just at the top of my head to control fly-aways. The length gets a different leave-in conditioner.

oktobergoud
March 5th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I tried the Hua Swenthingy mask.. thought it wasn't that great. I think it even contains SLS! So, didn't care for that. Had a sample of the Jasmine Fluff n Eaze (or something) mask, liked that a lot better. But still way too expensive for what it does!

Right now I have R&B, which is a leave-in. I like it, loooove the smell, it does moisturizes my hair but it's too heavy for my fine, wavy-ish hair. Won't buy it again I think!

ranaenelcomal
March 6th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I used one of their henna bars (Caca Noir) a couple of times, but the color always faded + I wasn't too fond of the greasiness I had to deal with from the oils in the bars.

Later, I got myself some henna and indigo and dyed my hair with them. It's been a couple of months and my color is still dark dark dark dark.

SimplyViki
March 6th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I tried one once, but wasn't impressed. Did pretty much nothing for a hefty price. I can't remember which one I tried, but that was enough to put me off of their "treatments," anyway.

Their shampoo bars, on the other hand... :cloud9: I'll never be without those. They foam up so much nicer than the drugstore shampoos I've tried, and they smell pretty.

dragaica
March 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Hi :)
Have you tried LUSH H'suan Wen Hua or any other of their treatments?
Have you tried their henna? Would the red one turn a dirty-blonde girl into bright redhead or darker? (for my sister)
yup... lush
It was my first introduction into "naturals"... then I've gone further.
H'suan Wen Hua - good - like a deep conditioner - "ve seen better. good for striping hennindigo, without drying:)
Marylin - no efect on dark hair - dring a bit...
Over all didn't worth the money

dragaica
March 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I use to be a lush junkie until I realized I could make it myself
lol
me too
mine are better.
Only the veganese conditioner I've kept in my routine - for a leave in - seems a good light conditioner....
but almost all lush have cones and sls.