PDA

View Full Version : Short/Low Waisted

cheetahfast
March 2nd, 2012, 06:36 AM
Today I realized that from my waist to my tailbone is only about 4 inches. I was wondering what everyone else's distances are. From BSL to waist is only 2 inches.
My upper back must be huge :rolleyes:.

I think their used to be a thread that had pictures of everyone's backs and lines drawn all over showing milestones. I couldn't find it, and would much appreciate the link to it :D.

lunalocks
March 2nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
Lucky you! From waist to tailbone I am 9 inches. I am a tall girl. My hair is currently 34.5 inches long and I am about 3 inches below waist, I have only 6 inches to go. Only.

pink.sara
March 2nd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Hahaha, you hardly qualify for bell ringing duties ;)

And I'm the same, even though I'm 5ft 9ins. It's 2 inches from waist to hip, then another 2 to TB. I think it's because I have longer legs and higher hips than normal?!

Rose Petal
March 2nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
It's ok, I'm short waisted too! Very mid-ninteenth century as far as waistline fashions go (not so much in girth, but shape). Still, if I decide to grow past the wasteland of middle back (and I 'm not even there yet), I guess it will mean a shorter journey.

Waist to hip is 3"
Waist to tailbone is 5"
Believe it or not the height of a person is immaterial, tall people can be short waisted as well. Though I 'm very short.
Apparently the most common combination for short waisted people is to be long from hip to knee as well (ie longer than knee to ankle). In practice this means that heels make your legs look very long, even if you are 5'1" like me. Flat shoes and bootleg jeans, not so good.

bunzfan
March 2nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
I must be short waisted to, waist was 27 on me hip is 29 and i think tail bone is 33 so being only 5f 2 has it advantages oh and classic is only 37 on me :)

Ligeia_13
March 2nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
I think their used to be a thread that had pictures of everyone's backs and lines drawn all over showing milestones. I couldn't find it, and would much appreciate the link to it :D.

Yeah, I went manually looking for that (no point even trying the search :p) and I went waaaay back and couldn't find it :(

ingvild
March 2nd, 2012, 10:53 AM
I found it, I found it (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77895)! Hooray, I saved the day. :)

I'm pretty even, 4 inches between each mile stone give or take. I think tb to classic was a bit longer though.

Amber_Maiden
March 2nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Lucky you!!!! I wish I was short waisted!

I hot waist somewhere around 29th-30in. I'm currently at 33in. I have about 7-9 inches to go before I hit TBL. I have about 5-6 inches before I hit hip- So by the end of this year, hopefully!

jacqueline101
March 2nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
I'm 5ft 7 inches along time until I reach tail bone my ultimate goal.

fiddlefananb
March 2nd, 2012, 01:34 PM
My waist is pretty high and I just hit waist at about 30 inches. My hip bone is about 7-8 inches away from my waist. I am 5ft 9 1/2 inches with very long legs, and am pretty large so that might explain it. To call it hip is it to the top of the hips or reach the hip bone?

owlathena
March 2nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
For me, waist is about 31in and tailbone is about 38in (I think...). I'm 5'9"

jeanniet
March 2nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
I'm pretty short-waisted, so the distance from waist to hip was fairly minimal and didn't take long at all. I think TB is a little farther. The worst period was growing from chin to APL, especially the SL to APL part. That took forever!

cheetahfast
March 2nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Ah! I just realized I forgot all about hip. I just measured a bit. It turns out BSL is 25 1/2 inches and waist is 28 inches. 33 inches is my goal, which is tailbone.
I'm not sure where hip would be. I can feel my hipbones and they are only about an inch above tailbone.
My OP was me guessing/eying distances, so I'm surprised that I was pretty accurate about the distances inbetween.

Hahaha, you hardly qualify for bell ringing duties ;)

And I'm the same, even though I'm 5ft 9ins. It's 2 inches from waist to hip, then another 2 to TB. I think it's because I have longer legs and higher hips than normal?!

My legs are very long for a short person, and people tell me my hips are high. To me that seems like a very plausible reason.

I must be short waisted to, waist was 27 on me hip is 29 and i think tail bone is 33 so being only 5f 2 has it advantages oh and classic is only 37 on me :)

We both have the same tailbone length, but different inbetweens---how interesting. Classic on me is 40, curse my big rump :o!
I'm not sure if I'll even be able to grow that long since my length curls up quite a bit.

I found it, I found it (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77895)! Hooray, I saved the day. :)

Thank you sooo much!!! :flower:

To call it hip is it to the top of the hips or reach the hip bone?

I'm not sure my hip bones are very close to tailbone. I don't really have a shapely hip area since I can never gain weight there and since my waist is so close I'm not sure what I would call it.

I'm pretty short-waisted, so the distance from waist to hip was fairly minimal and didn't take long at all. I think TB is a little farther. The worst period was growing from chin to APL, especially the SL to APL part. That took forever!

For me I think APL to BSL is the longest period. I might have called APL too soon. For me my hair curls a lot on some days and only waves on others so my length disappears. My one year anniversary pictures ended up looking longer since it was a not so curly day.