PDA

View Full Version : Bob hairstyle - bangs or no bangs?

DarkAlice
March 2nd, 2012, 06:30 AM
right now I have a bob, well I guess its a little to long to be a bob its past chin length a few inches..do you think a straight bob hairstyle needs to have bangs to complete the look? I've been tucking my long bangs behind my ear to give it that some-what sideswept look..thanks

i'll post pictures when I get home from work.

pink.sara
March 2nd, 2012, 06:37 AM
I think it depends on your face shape and whether you plan on keeping the bob/fringe for very long?

I had a bob with a heavy fringe and it wasn't very pleasant when the bob passed shoulder and the fringe got to chin :rolleyes:

If you'll only have it for 6 months then the 6+ months it'll take to grow it out may really bother you!

Pictures needed :)

lunalocks
March 2nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
The cutest style I have seen is a long time is a asymmetrical bob, without bangs. But it really depends on you facial shape.

jacqueline101
March 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
I think it depends on the bob. I'm a bang fan but that's me.

jacqueline101
March 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
I think it depends on the bob. I'm a bang fan but that's me.

CarpeDM
March 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
I've had both but I personally really love the look of a classic no bang bob :)

icallitbliss
March 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Both can be fun with a bob, but I've found everything is easier to manage if I don't have bangs. However, a side-bang could be okay and cute, too.

chou
March 2nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Bangs!! But I'm biased, because I have a bob with bangs. I think bangs make the rest of your bob look longer by contrast as opposed to longer, side bangs which I never liked on myself with short haircuts.

CarpeDM
March 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Bangs!! But I'm biased, because I have a bob with bangs. I think bangs make the rest of your bob look longer by contrast as opposed to longer, side bangs which I never liked on myself with short haircuts.

This is a good point. I think bangs actually make your hair look longer too. I thought I was the only one who thought that!

turtlelover
March 2nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
Why not post a pic? That would make it easier......everyone is different when it comes to face shape, etc.

BrightEyes
March 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
I've had a bob on and off for the past 10 years and I've always had bangs (but I do have a larger forehead so I feel like I look better with them). That being said, I've seen some bob hairstyles without bangs that look awesome. It just depends on your face shape and personal preference.

einna
March 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
I think it depends on your face shape, as well as your hairstyle. Some pics would help :) I do love bangs, though ;)