PDA

View Full Version : I just gave myself a MUCH NEEDED haircut!

Julesn
July 21st, 2008, 11:59 AM
Hey Everyone!!

I am letting my natural color grow out and have some bleach damage throughout (from bleaching it to death for a L O N G time), so.....I decided to give myself a much needed haircut/trim, whatever. It is SO MUCH BETTER. I cut off about an inch in some areas, then about 2-2.5 in others. The ends that I cut were SO SKINNY and THIN that I could barely even SEE them on my bathroom counter after I cut it~~ha! It was very good that I did it b/c those ends were so fragile that it probabaly would have split on it's own, anyway. I feel so much better! Length is definitely my long term goal, but my short term goals are getting rid of this damage a little at a time & getting my natural color back. I plan to cut ALL of this blonde off next year, but will probably do baby trims as needed.

Just wanted to share!!!! ;)

Julie :)

angelthadiva
July 21st, 2008, 12:16 PM
Congratuations on your successful trim!

Siava
July 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
Cutting my own hair scares me to death. You're so brave! I'm glad it turned out well for you.

Julesn
July 21st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Siava,

I'm a hairdresser, so for me, it's not that bad ;) I don't trust other hairdressers b/c they get a little crazy w/the scissors! Ha!!

Julie ;)

SweetPea88
July 21st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Congratulations, I'm glad to hear it went so well! :D

HappyKarin
July 21st, 2008, 01:47 PM
Sound like you really needed a trim, your hair must feel wonderfull now! :)

angelthadiva
July 21st, 2008, 02:49 PM
Good thing for you, you had your hair in capable hands! ;)

Saryn Jumail
July 21st, 2008, 02:54 PM
Congrats!
My hair is dyed now, and that's one of my goals, to get rid of it, but since it's dyed almost exactly my natural color, it's not that serious.
Nobody can tell it was dyed!

Kyannah
July 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM
I too am growing my hair out from bleach damage. My natural hair colour is a mousy brown. It used to be very blonde as a child and it is quite a struggle to keep myself from getting highlights again but the damage they cause is terrible.

My hair seems to have not changed in the year that I have been growing but seeing everyones lovely shiny hair on here keeps me motivated.

Good luck on your growing journey.

Riot Crrl
July 22nd, 2008, 12:45 AM
Congrats!

I had my last stylist cut in February and just found my first split end since then. Feye trim is impending!

jojo
July 22nd, 2008, 01:15 AM
Well done you, I totally agree baby cuts are the way to go! good luck with your growing journey!

Julesn
July 22nd, 2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks so much, everyone!!! I love this site b/c you all keep me SO MOTIVATED to not stray from my hair goals!! ;)

Julie

NurseMama
July 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
I don't trust other hairdressers b/c they get a little crazy w/the scissors! Ha!!

Julie ;)

That is so funny that you as a hairdresser thinks that as well!

Islandgrrl
July 22nd, 2008, 10:00 AM
Glad you had a successful trim and that you love it! :)

Julesn
July 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Nursemama....

It's so true, though!!!!!! ;) Ha!!!

Julie ;)

Kiraela
July 22nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Glad you had a successful trim! I'm sure your hair is much happier how :) And it sounds like you're happier with it.

Rini
July 22nd, 2008, 11:38 PM
How about a pic?:eyebrows:

lawyermom
July 23rd, 2008, 12:19 AM
yes, a picture! I'm dying to seel

Julesn
July 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
I don't know how to post them!! How do you do it?

Thanks!

Julie ;)

dor3girl
July 23rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
Glad the trim worked for you! I find that I am more accurate at self trims if I just trim 1/4" at a time--when I get crazy & try to cut an inch I end up having to cut off a lot more--one side always ends up shorter or uneven *sigh*