PDA

View Full Version : HairNightMare

Islandgrrl
July 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
I had a crazy hairnightmare last night. Well really, right before I woke up this morning.

I dreamt that I was sitting in a stylist's chair - the stylist was for whatever bizarre reason my brain came up with, the guy from Burn Notice, and the stylist was supposed to be giving me a 1/4 inch trim. But the scissors sounded really loud and they just kept snipping and snipping and snipping. I kept yelling STOP!!! and finally pulled away and jumped out of the chair. When I looked in the mirror my hair was BARELY grazing my collarbones!!!!

I woke up breathing really hard and my heart was racing and I was all sweaty. Horrible, horrible dream.

Julesn
July 21st, 2008, 12:01 PM
Ha!!! When my hair was really long, I used to have those dreams, too!!! They feel SO REAL!! Ha! I used to wake up in a sweat ;)

Julie :)

WritingPrincess
July 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Ack! I hate hair nightmares like that. At least you know you'd hate it if you ever get the weird idea to cut your hair.

angelthadiva
July 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM
I think those hair-nightmare dreams are going around...I had one a few nights or so ago, and I think Justy did too.

I actually cried in mine :wail: and I woke up with a tear.

anna1850
July 21st, 2008, 12:34 PM
I had one a week ago where I was trying to trim off an inch or so and somehow ended up giving myself a bob... or half a bob at least. I did one half and realised I'd cut way too much off and looked in the mirror and I was trying to decide what to do with the other half, because I didn't want to cut it but I looked weird with long hair on one side and short on the other.

When I woke up I was quite relieved that it hadn't really happened. I felt so depressed in the dream because I really like my hair now. It definitely encouraged me not to even consider trimming though!

amaiaisabella
July 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry you had a nightmare, but the plus side is, if you were dreaming, at least you had cute eye candy to look at (the guy from Burn Notice) :) Sadly, the use of scissors makes him a lot less cute...

Islandgrrl
July 21st, 2008, 01:49 PM
....but the plus side is, if you were dreaming, at least you had cute eye candy to look at (the guy from Burn Notice) :) Sadly, the use of scissors makes him a lot less cute...

I was really, really mad at him. I think I called him an idiot in the dream.... :silly:

Haith
July 21st, 2008, 02:06 PM
*giggle* nightmares always seem much more terrible right after waking, but usually the feeling fades very quickly.

I had a hair nightmare the other night, where all of my hair suddely broke off at my ponytail. I woke up in a cold sweat and with my heart pounding, but later that day when I suddenly remembered it while combing my hair, I started laughing.

Islandgrrl
July 21st, 2008, 02:15 PM
It does seem pretty silly now that I'm thinking about it again. But I swear, it seemed so real when I was dreaming it.

DotDotDot
July 21st, 2008, 02:42 PM
I once dreamed that I hennaed my hair and when I washed it off, I had a violent shade of orange. I mean violent and unnatural, like the color of this wall:

http://thump01.pbase.com/t6/72/722972/4/75975318.hrKpOx45.jpg

It was weird.

Islandgrrl
July 21st, 2008, 03:07 PM
I once dreamed that I hennaed my hair and when I washed it off, I had a violent shade of orange. I mean violent and unnatural, like the color of this wall:

http://thump01.pbase.com/t6/72/722972/4/75975318.hrKpOx45.jpg

It was weird.

Woooo! That'd scare me bad.

amaiaisabella
July 21st, 2008, 03:45 PM
I was really, really mad at him. I think I called him an idiot in the dream.... :silly:

Ah, don't worry, I'm sure I can be there to console him... though I guess it wouldn't be your dream anymore, but rather mine...:p

Islandgrrl
July 21st, 2008, 03:57 PM
Ah, don't worry, I'm sure I can be there to console him... though I guess it wouldn't be your dream anymore, but rather mine...:p

Hehe...I'll share. He's not my type anyway. I think he was only in the dream because I'd just watched Burn Notice. Next time, for suggestabilty's sake, I'm watching House! :p

enitsirk
July 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM
I've had dreams before that I'm wearing pigtail braids and I have somebody just chop them off.

It always freaks me out enough that I don't wear braids for a couple of weeks!!!

amaiaisabella
July 21st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Hehe...I'll share. He's not my type anyway. I think he was only in the dream because I'd just watched Burn Notice. Next time, for suggestabilty's sake, I'm watching House! :p

I do love House, but if I dreamed about him, I think I'd be quite terrified to have him with a pair of scissors near my hair! He's all yours :) :eyebrows:

misspriss
July 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
I'd probably be so distracted by Michael Westen being that close, I wouldn't even notice what was going on.....

DecafJane
July 21st, 2008, 09:52 PM
Oh no! On the bright side, you got to wake up and feel long hair. ;)

Kiraela
July 22nd, 2008, 12:39 AM
Ohh, yeah a few days ago, I had one where I had classic hair, and then all of a sudden, it was collarbone length, quite thin(a low ii at best), crimped, and the ends were dyed bright red. I freaked out in my dream, and then stopped and thought, "this is only a dream. It has to be, so I shall enjoy it while I am asleep." that didn't stop me from mourning my hair every time I passed a mirror in the dream, which, since I was apparently at 'Bob's World O' Mirrors' (I remember the sign for the store)... was often. Woke up freaked out, yeah.

Do any of you get dreams that linger for days? Like, in the back of your mind, making you feel.. wistful-ish, I guess? I don't know how to describe it, like you're still halfway in the dream, even while you're awake... Do you get that or am I just nuts?

CurlyNinja
July 23rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
I had a hairnightmare the other night where my hair was dragging on the floor and was just so heavy. Then it started winding around and around me to bind and strangle me! So scary!! I woke up sweating.

Cinnamon.locks
July 23rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Awww! poor you. i've had such type of night terrors. horrible. i once dreamed i was being chased by someone and for some reason my dog jumped over me ( in real life. ) and i woke up screaming, my poor dog simply sat and stared at me like i was nuts!

kate46
July 24th, 2008, 03:45 AM
I have the opposite, I dream my hair is luxuriously long, soft and thick :) then I wake up to my nightmare :(

toodramatik
July 24th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I dreamt someone cut my hair with garden shears. And then my scalp bled like a fountain because they cut it a few times.

I woke up in tears ;/

noelgirl
July 24th, 2008, 06:21 AM
One night last week I had a dream where out of nowhere, I looked in the mirror and my hair had massively shed. It was really bad, there was a lot of scalp showing, which is very unlike how it is IRL. I was really self-conscious about it for the rest of the dream, too - at one point in the dream I went to a mosque, but the women there didn't cover their heads, and I felt very exposed. As you can imagine, I was relieved to wake up from that one!

NorthernDancer
July 24th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Wow, what a dream! Good thing it was just a dream, and you woke up with your normal hair. Which I must say is quite beautiful!

WritingPrincess
July 24th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Do any of you get dreams that linger for days? Like, in the back of your mind, making you feel.. wistful-ish, I guess? I don't know how to describe it, like you're still halfway in the dream, even while you're awake... Do you get that or am I just nuts?
You mean when you remember the dream all day or longer and you wish it lasted? I get that sometimes. How about when you have a dream, you're still asleep, and you go over the dream again before you wake up so that you'll be sure to remember it? I do that often.

Islandgrrl
July 24th, 2008, 01:42 PM
You mean when you remember the dream all day or longer and you wish it lasted? I get that sometimes. How about when you have a dream, you're still asleep, and you go over the dream again before you wake up so that you'll be sure to remember it? I do that often.

Oh, yeah, I have those dreams sometimes. I just want to go back to sleep and pick up where I left off!!

The weirdest ones, though, are when I dream specifically about a person - usually one that I have not talked to or seen for a while, and next day they call or I run into them.

Kiraela
July 25th, 2008, 12:18 AM
yeah, that's what I mean! Well, most of the time they're good. Sometimes, for me, they're nightmares that keep me enthralled for days... Every time I close my eyes I'm back in the dream. Not so good.