PDA

View Full Version : midnight blue on black hair

Aimskylove
March 1st, 2012, 11:05 PM
Has anyone ever tried to use after midnight blue on black hair? I know it wont be bright but I am looking for that blue tint over my black hair. Pictures would be great! :) Thank you!

Kira94
March 1st, 2012, 11:24 PM
I think Piggy has blue/black hair. Maybe she can help you. :)

Aimskylove
March 1st, 2012, 11:47 PM
I think Piggy has blue/black hair. Maybe she can help you. :)

Yeah I asked her about her hair which is gorgeous but I wanted to see if anyone has tried manic panic.

missdelarocha
March 1st, 2012, 11:53 PM
Look it may work, Manic Panic colours don't tend to take as well on natural hair as opposed to pre-lightened hair as a general rule. Have you tried indigo? I'm not sure whether it casts a blue or green cast though :).

I would suggest choosing one of their more vibrant blues and leaving it on overnight, that's more likely to coat your hair with a bluish hue that might be stronger than the after midnight blue, perhaps it would turn out the same! I don't know, but good luck.

Aimskylove
March 1st, 2012, 11:55 PM
Look it may work, Manic Panic colours don't tend to take as well on natural hair as opposed to pre-lightened hair as a general rule. Have you tried indigo? I'm not sure whether it casts a blue or green cast though :).

I would suggest choosing one of their more vibrant blues and leaving it on overnight, that's more likely to coat your hair with a bluish hue that might be stronger than the after midnight blue, perhaps it would turn out the same! I don't know, but good luck.

I have not tried indigo but to be honest im not too interested in the process and the time to do it. My hair is pretty strong when I dye it so I decided to stick to normal dyes. Thank you! I tried to google the results but no one really photographs their hair after lol.

BBdck1
March 2nd, 2012, 12:11 AM
I have dark brown/black hair and I just use Manic Panic in Vampire Red on it and it turn out ok. I use permanent red box dye a couple months ago to do some streaks and the red show up on the streaks pretty well; it's more of a tint on virgin hair. I'm sure it'll be brighter in the sunlight.

I think after midnight blue will give your hair a nice tint in the sun. Maybe trying a more vibrant blue? Please post pictures if you decide to try it. I want to dye my hair blue next :D

skyblue
March 2nd, 2012, 01:47 AM
I use to use natural instincts on my dark brown hair years ago, I don't remember the name of the color but I loved it! A very pretty blue black and it lasted a good long time in my hair and didn't damage it at all

pink.sara
March 2nd, 2012, 06:28 AM
I dont have much luck using manic panic on my black hair, it seems to make the black a bit more intense, but doesnt shine blue black for very long (I'm talking 2 washes max)

I use purple ultraviolet on my white streak currently and use it all over for the extra conditioning it imparts but it doesn't make my black shine purple... which is kind of a shame.

I would guess it would have a more prominent effect on a softer natural black or a very dark brown though. Doesn't hurt to try. :)

Zhennni(:
March 2nd, 2012, 07:09 AM
It didn't work for me :( it faded really fast too

jackie75
March 2nd, 2012, 07:44 AM
I did this a while back to cool down my warm black and it worked very well...actually, too well, lol! I realized the coolness didn't go great with my skin tone. But, the color itself looked awesome.

Long_hair_bear
March 2nd, 2012, 08:17 AM
I have dark brown hair and purple haze mp didn't show up. :(

MandyBeth
March 2nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
Without major damage, MP fades FAST. It also doesn't show over dark hair that isn't faded.