PDA

View Full Version : New Found Love

Darkessa
March 1st, 2012, 10:25 PM
So I finally went to the store...
And bought something I have been wanting for a LONG time...

V05 Conditioner!!!!!!!
I got:
- Tea Therapy Nourishing Calming Chamomile Tea
- Silky Experiences Moisturizing Shea Cashmere
- Tea Therapy Clarifying Vanilla Mint Tea
- Herbal Escapes Clarifying Kiwi Lime Squeeze

I have been wanting to get some V05 for a very long time now, primarily because I have heard many good things about it and I know that they are 'cone free!
(I even read every ingredient on each list to make sure)
Plus... They are 99cents per 15oz bottle. SCORE! :cheese:

So I used the Tea Therapy Nourishing Calming Chamomile Tea one today after CWCing.
(I used a 'coney conditioner before, then Pureology Hydrating Shampoo, then the V05 after)

WOW!!!! Not only do I smell fricken amazing, but my hair feels INCREDIBLE! I am SO happy with the results!
Its ridiculously soft and bouncy, I am SO happy!!! :magic:
I can't wait to try the others and see how they do! Eeeee!!!

I just had to share with everyone!

icallitbliss
March 1st, 2012, 10:29 PM
I've never tried V05 stuff. I've always thought it was the cheaper version of the already-cheap Suave. Though, I was glancing at the V05 clarifying shampoo the other day...wonder if it's any good?

Maybe I should try!

Darkessa
March 1st, 2012, 10:30 PM
I've never tried V05 stuff. I've always thought it was the cheaper version of the already-cheap Suave. Though, I was glancing at the V05 clarifying shampoo the other day...wonder if it's any good?

Maybe I should try!

I haven't heard much about the Shampoos, but the Conditioners have always seemed to have a good review!

Macaroni
March 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
The Vanilla Mint is my HG, I hope you ♥ it as much as I do.

HintOfMint
March 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Vanilla Mint Tea is amazing! I use it on the first leg of CWC, although I might try switching it up and using it last (because I want THAT scent lingering on my hair) to see if it makes a difference.

Also, slight thread hijack but, what coney conditioner do you use? Do you find that it builds up with a CWC routine?

Jessfoz
March 3rd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Here is Australia, V05 certainly doesn't come in as many different tropical and delicious sounding varieties and the products are very plain! Just the usual, one for coloured hair, one for repair etc. And they're laden with cones!! It's sad because I'd love to try the ones you speak of, have even considered trying to get them online. The only cheap supermarket ('drug-store') brands here without silicones are Tresemme Naturals $10 for big bottle and a few Garnier ones and even they get up to $6 small bottle. Urgh :(

Sorry - glad to hear about such great results with cheaper products!

Darkessa
March 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Vanilla Mint Tea is amazing! I use it on the first leg of CWC, although I might try switching it up and using it last (because I want THAT scent lingering on my hair) to see if it makes a difference.

Also, slight thread hijack but, what coney conditioner do you use? Do you find that it builds up with a CWC routine?
I use Pureology Hydrating Conditioner, Mane-n-Tail, and Tresseme Smooth and Silky beforehand. I dont feel that it really builds up much at all actually, immediately "washing" it out with the suds being rinsed through the length does wonders.
I do still try clarifying whenever my hair feels like it needs it though. Although it has been a while.

The Vanilla Mint is my HG, I hope you ♥ it as much as I do.
I haven't tried it yet! We will see!

Here is Australia, V05 certainly doesn't come in as many different tropical and delicious sounding varieties and the products are very plain! Just the usual, one for coloured hair, one for repair etc. And they're laden with cones!! It's sad because I'd love to try the ones you speak of, have even considered trying to get them online. The only cheap supermarket ('drug-store') brands here without silicones are Tresemme Naturals $10 for big bottle and a few Garnier ones and even they get up to $6 small bottle. Urgh :(

Im sorry you cant find them!!! Awwe.
Have you tried looking online anywhere? Amazon.com is amazing. :)

Lady Neeva
March 3rd, 2012, 12:56 PM
I agree-V05 is amazing. (Especially Moisture Mllks. Ahhh.)
I looked on Amazon and it's actually more expensive, around $5 for a bottle.

Clem_Dela
March 3rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
I love VO5 because it's cheap and cone-free! The shampoos do have SLS, but... I barely use shampoo. I water it down so much and use only a little on my scalp. So I'm not too worried about that. the conditioner is great for mixing with weird things like eggs, etc for deep conditions. Plus it smells lovely.

Kyla
March 3rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
I love Tea Therapy v05 :D The scents are SO relaxing.

autumnsdaughter
March 3rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Love the Vanilla Mint! Especially in SMTs. It's amazing for CO washing oils out too.

Maelyssa
March 3rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
My daughters and I have recently started using the latest....Shea Cashmere and love, love, LOVE it! Couldn't be happier.

Zapookie
March 3rd, 2012, 06:10 PM

I found some of the VO5 moisture milks shampoo in the reject shop! I also heard that IGA stocks them. They're really difficult to find though!

Zapookie
March 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
I found some of the VO5 moisture milks shampoo in the reject shop! I also heard that IGA stocks them. They're really difficult to find though!

errrr I mean the moisture milks conditioners!

Cara Heather
March 4th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Walmart has VO5 in my area for 84 cents. My daughter uses it and loves it more than any shampoo or conditioner in our bathroom. I have matrix, biolage, herbal essence, and sexy curly hair... she has 1a hair and using the sexy curly hair was obvious... she had tons of frizz. Just shows you that cheap is good as well :)

Sammich
March 4th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Anywhere they sell this stuff in the UK? :( They don't have a huge variety of VO5 in the UK... and I think they contain cones.

noelgirl
March 4th, 2012, 08:12 AM
My hair didn't like the Tea Therapy for some reason - I got buildup from it. I love the Kiwi Lime, though - I got much better results from that.

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I used to use V05 as a child I used the blue one and condish for split ends. I liked it and I still use Sauve clarifying shampoo.

LoversLullaby
March 4th, 2012, 09:01 AM

Maybe I should try!

The clarifying is very good at removing buildup, I have used it for clarifying a few times. Plus it's cheap, that's always good :)

Jessfoz
March 7th, 2012, 01:40 AM

Oh yes, have found them in woolies but they're clearly not like the ones people talk about here, HEAPS of cones. These milk ones you speak of, do they have cones?

Had a look on eBay but it was a bit ridiculous, $4 a bottle but then $35 for the postage!

Jessfoz
March 7th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Ahah! Just found this Aussie health site that sells them!

http://www.superiorhealthcare.com.au/PERSONAL-NEEDS/MISCELLANEOUS/pl.php