PDA

View Full Version : my hair feels soo soft

Darrrlingg
March 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM
i took (approx) 25% canola oil, 25% conditioner, 50% honey ( i made a bit less than a cup) put it all over my hair wrapped in a plastic bag then put a hat on top to keep warm. then waited about 2 hours :rolleyes:
to get it out i started with a warm tub of water i dunked my hair into there for a couple minutes until it was soaked. then rinsed, then applied conditioner (a different kind than what i used in the mix) and lathered up , rinsed.
last i took about a quarter size glob shampoo and mixed it with 2 cups water and applied to scalp, rinse.
my hair has NEVER felt this good! i WILL be doing this again! :) :magic:

7 weeks ago i started water only washing, ive been wearing my hair up most days though because it has been so oily. in week 3 i decided to do a conditioner wash, which left my hair feeling heavy and yucky not clean at all.. few days later i gave up and used a 50/50 water/shampoo mix, then my hair was straw and sticking out everyyywhere! i left it for a while to get its oils back , then week 6 i used this conditioning hair mask and rinsed with only water.. lol it was a mess , anyways i wore it up for the next few days and then did this treatment, man am i glad i did it!! wore my hair down for the first time in a while today and it feels/smells/looks great! :face: :disco:

Amber_Maiden
March 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM
Glad it worked for you!

SchnauzerMom
March 1st, 2012, 02:41 PM
That sounds like a great thing for your hair, glad it worked.

blondyhead
March 1st, 2012, 02:46 PM
Glad it worked for you :)

Anje
March 1st, 2012, 02:48 PM
Sounds nice!

Be aware that honey in that sort of ratio has the potential to lighten hair. If that's not what you want, I believe from similar experiments that using different sugar syrups (molasses [possibly temporarily darkening], corn syrup, maple syrup, etc.) that you can get about the same results using any of them.