PDA

View Full Version : Tried and True...

MermaidTresses
February 29th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I'm feeling very happy after my monthly measurement tonight...a whole 1.5 inches! Here is what I think really "did it"....(and feel free to share your tried and true recommendations, too!)
--a prenatal vitamin, biotin, and fish oil daily
--daily scalp massages with rosemary an jojoba oil as a carrier oil...it feel amazing and stimulates the scalp!
--stretching washes and wearing hair up to prevent damage from the elements
--treating my hair like "antique lace"...handling with extreme care, that is.
:o
I am a new member here and I am loving this community! So much support and inspiration...I look forward to visiting often!

Miss Catrina
February 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
That is incredible. And we're just about hair twins... once I actually have hair. :p (I don't really know if I'm 1b or 1c)

bettylibertine
March 1st, 2012, 02:02 AM
Well done! Your hair is beautiful :flower:
I must try taking some of those vitamins...

MegaMystery
March 1st, 2012, 02:16 AM
Your hair looks amazing! I might have to try some of your tips :)
Just a question though: doesn't your hair look greasy when you massage the scalp with oil every day? How do you stretch washes and massage with oil at the same time? I just massage my scalp without oil sometimes, but using oil just seems nicer :)

Avital88
March 1st, 2012, 03:41 AM
Good job, 1.5 inch is amazing for one month!Keep up the good work i would say:)

jacqueline101
March 1st, 2012, 04:27 AM
Your hair looks amazing.

lostchyld
March 1st, 2012, 04:42 AM
Your hair looks amazing! I might have to try some of your tips :)
Just a question though: doesn't your hair look greasy when you massage the scalp with oil every day? How do you stretch washes and massage with oil at the same time? I just massage my scalp without oil sometimes, but using oil just seems nicer :)

Using oil or conditioner is much nicer than a dry massage. I don't know how you would stretch washes and massage with oil at the same time, though.

MermaidTresses
March 1st, 2012, 07:27 AM
good question about the stretching and oiling.....I use the tiniest amount on my fingertips.....it really doesn't leave it looking too greasy, but by the 4th day...well, you can tell I am ready for a wash!!! On those greasy last days, I usually use a BBB brush to smooth the hair into a side bun...it looks more shiny than anything, I think...but that's just my take on it!

longhairedleah
March 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM
you hair is GORGEOUS! Thick and I love the colour!!

I think I'll also try to take some of your tips... 1.5 inches! that's amazing!

Do you know what your growth rate was when you didn't do anything?

EtherealDoll
March 1st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Wow!1.5 inches a month! That's an amazing growth!
Your hair looks beautiful, and the colour is lovely!

rock007junkie
March 1st, 2012, 11:02 AM
Congrats!! It feels awesome when you see progress, right?

Littlewing13
March 1st, 2012, 02:46 PM
good question about the stretching and oiling.....I use the tiniest amount on my fingertips.....it really doesn't leave it looking too greasy, but by the 4th day...well, you can tell I am ready for a wash!!! On those greasy last days, I usually use a BBB brush to smooth the hair into a side bun...it looks more shiny than anything, I think...but that's just my take on it!

Thats a great idea, im going to try the bun thing. I've been oiling & stretching shampoos but I will CO most days & I find that helps. & if its greasy well I study from home so its not like anyone will see it. I tend to chuck it in a ponytail anyways. & I figure it may look terrible now, but it will look amazing when its long & healthy. Thats what im looking forward to. Wearing it up for ages then when its waist/hip length suddenly wearing it down once & getting the "wow" comments :D

blondyhead
March 1st, 2012, 02:48 PM
That's brilliant hair growth, i love your hair colour :)

GaJunebug
March 1st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Whoo hoo! Way to go- an inch and a half in one month is fantastic growth! :)

Alvrodul
March 1st, 2012, 03:21 PM
1.5 inches!!! I wish i had growth like that! :bigtongue::afro::frog::grnbiggri:brains::D

And your hair is lovely.

BlondieHepburn
March 1st, 2012, 03:29 PM
Incredible! Your hair is lovely.

MermaidTresses
March 1st, 2012, 06:46 PM
thank you, all! And I am sheepishly proud to say that I have never colored my hair; that is my 100% natural color. I didn't measure my hair ever before Jan. 2012....now I am so thrilled for the 1st of the month; I can hardly wait!:o:D

MegaMystery
March 2nd, 2012, 03:19 AM
Thanks for answering my question about the oiling & stretching. I usually start massaging on the 3rd/4th day so i guess i massage with my sebum?? lol :P I think i'll continue doing it this way because i'm just too lazy to wash my hair more than once a week :).