PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Amla powder..

sunny_rae2
February 29th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Currently I have Amla powder in my hair. I mixed it, let it sit, and it turned out the consistency of mud, which is supposedly correct. So I slopped it onto my hair and began to worry... It seemed like it was super tangling my hair, and I have no idea if this is how it's supposed to be and how to get it out! I normally CO wash so I'm sure I'll just try my best to rinse it out and then let some conditioner sit on my hair for awhile, like I do to remove oil. I also used hot oil on the ends of my hair so I'm pretty terrified I'll end up with a greasy tangled mess! Any tips or advice, please?

ratgirldjh
February 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I just wash it out with water. If it is too hard to get out you can fill up the sink and let your hair sit in the water for a bit and then swish it around. A bucket would work good for this too.

I never have had any trouble getting it out of my hair but I always put on a baggie on my head to keep it moist.

Let your hair completely dry before you judge the way it feels. Mine always felt stripped immediately upon rinsing but then dried very nice and soft and smooth.

Rinse very well and finish with cold water works well.

ratgirldjh
February 29th, 2012, 04:45 PM
sorry double post :D

sunny_rae2
February 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Thank you! I rinsed it and like you said, it doesn't feel right. It's very tangly, but I'm afraid that the castor oil/EVOO in the ends didn't come out. I didn't leave the conditioner on long enough. Hopefully it'll dry ok so I don't have to rewash the whole thing :'(

Shorty89
February 29th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I know that when I use shikaki and amla that my hair doesn't feel really great while it's in my hair, but when I was it out it feels good. It also washes out without a problem. The only difficulty I find is in spreading it everywhere and not missing a spot.

MiamiPineapple
February 29th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I agree with Shorty89. I love LOVE amla pwoder. I discovered it a few weeks ago and it makes my hair soft and smooth like silk. The product is hard to spread and tends to make messy knots but I just use hot water to rinse for a while until all the knots are gone and then use a shampoo and conditioner. Don't be fooled by the way it looks on your head, just wait until you wash it out :)

sunny_rae2
March 1st, 2012, 04:51 AM
Thank you everyone! It turned out alright.