PDA

View Full Version : hair cut and WOW !

darkrose
February 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM
So I also had an awful philosophy of my hair will not look good unless its long. And my hair was In a tattered state, spilt ends, hair all different lengths. I disliked it, and I think that led to my continuous neglect if it. I bought sleeping cap, didn't use it,etc. Anyway mum kept nagging me to get a trim. I ignored her advice, but finally I went to the hairdresser. I asked her to cut off the split ends, so my past BSL hair went an inch above BSL. But my hair did not want to stay at BSL so it has curled up to shoulder length and I love it. It's bouncy and ringletty, I actually really like it at that length. The hair dresser was awesome, she saved my hair.
I just really wanted to share, I thought I wouldn't be happy until it was waist, I was dead wrong, and so glad.:)

rock007junkie
February 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM
That's great! Even though we all want long hair here I think that healthy shirt hair beats raggedy long hair any day of the week.

Kyla
February 29th, 2012, 11:18 AM
That's awesome! :) From your description it sounds very cute.

Do you have any pictures of your new cut? I, and I'm sure some other members, would love to see it.

braylin27cobain
February 29th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I had a really similar thing happen to me just three weeks ago except I went from mid-back to shoulder and to my surprise I actually don't hate my hair at this length! And growing out healthy hair is much more satisfying anyway:-)

spidermom
February 29th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I feel the same - better shorter hair in good condition than longer hair in poor condition.

(so why am I so anxious to get to classic length that I'm avoiding trims? hmmmmmmmm)

BrightEyes
February 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Your hair sounds pretty. I've always thought that curly hair looks beautiful both long and short. And it's nice to get damage cut off. Please post pics:)

arcane
February 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM
The feeling is so freeing, isn't it? I cut off my almost waist (which is my goal) to my shoulders because of damage. I don't hate it, and while I want it longer, I am constantly getting compliments on it because it looks nice. I had convinced myself I do not look good with short hair, which is obviously not the truth. Sure I still want to grow it long, but now I don't mind if I have to chop it off again as I know it looks awesome.

Maktub
February 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
to me, nothing beats healthy :)
happy you like it !

gretchen_hair
February 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I love hearing positive stories. This just goes to show that you can love your hair at all lengths and the hairdresser saved the day!! yay! :flower:

It's so nice to end up with such a positive experience and it's great to be happy with your hair. :)

darkrose
February 29th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I want to post pics but I'm not sure I can, I don't have access to a computer, just an iPod touch. It's nice too know that other people have felt this way :)

Amber_Maiden
February 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I agree- better to have short healthy hair than long ratty hair!

Covet
February 29th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I would much prefer having shorter healthy hair in comparison to long locks that were desperately in need of a trim. I remember feeling a lot happier once the hair dresser cut 4 inches off my hair in January! All that bleach damage has to come out of my hair one way or another and trimming is the way to go... Glad you are happy with the improvements! :)

jacqueline101
February 29th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Your hair sounds pretty and I'm glad you had a positive salon experience. I'm glad you're happy with your hair and healthy hair is better then long hair.

Shepherdess
February 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM
That sounds great! Healthy hair is always best! =)

Nymphea
February 29th, 2012, 08:48 PM
The most important thing is that you like it! Enjoy your new hair length and shape!

Sunny_side_up
March 1st, 2012, 02:43 PM
Good you are enjoying your hair, and quality and health all the way :D